• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
of the sake of augment, can you expand on this?

Sure thing.

I have heard stuff like how Gardevoir can create black holes for displeasing its trainer, as well as the pure variety it has in coverage.

It just has so many showings in both the anime and game, and should be easily seen as a monster of energy output.

I just don't see the debate for Wii Fit here, but I'd honestly really like to see one.

Sure thing.

I have heard stuff like how Gardevoir can create black holes for displeasing its trainer, as well as the pure variety it has in coverage.

It just has so many showings in both the anime and game, and should be easily seen as a monster of energy output.

I just don't see the debate for Wii Fit here, but I'd honestly really like to see one.
I think her Resistance to Gravity Manipulation might let her resist the pull of the black hole.

Sure thing.

seems like youre new here, check the profiles linked in the post

Looks like wii fit scales to 2.85 gigatons while Gardevoir scales to 3.181 so gardevoir is very slightly stronger as for speed it’s equalized here so it doesn’t matter

Looks like wii fit scales to 2.85 gigatons while Gardevoir scales to 3.181 so gardevoir is very slightly stronger as for speed it’s equalized here so it doesn’t matter

That would settle that then.

Also important to mention that most of Wii Fit’s tools are for close combat, meanwhile Gardevoir could just zone him/her out and teleport whenever he/she gets too close.

Yes but read the profiles and vote based on the stat gap and abilities if you want to vote

I disagree with a lot of stats that page has to offer honestly.

what did you mean by this

Much of the information in Wii Fit’s wiki is just Smash Bros. mechanics and shouldn’t be applied to the real capability of the character.

Like surviving getting hit by the moon is obviously a buff from the original incarnation of the character, and the developers weren’t trying to make the statement that the original incarnations of Wii Fit is now way stronger in Smash for no reason, but they also didn’t want to have every fighter get one-shotted every time a canonically powerful character is spawned from an assist trophy or a PokeBall.

Not to mention the very logic of Olimar tanking a miniature planning falling on him is just unlikely.

The Smash Bros. cast are probably just based on their canonical iterations, which makes the most sense. This is just a fighting game, and, therefore, requires that the characters can’t stay true to their canon iterations if mechanics are taken into account.

yeah, we know, this is specifically the smash bros version of wii fit, theres a separate profile for the canon one

wii fit from smash is not the same character as wii fit from wii fit, it’s a crossover version

I am aware that they are from different games, but the characters are based on their canon appearances.

Do you actually think that the developers of Smash Brothers really just wanted to make Wii Fit godly?

Obviously that wasn’t their goal.

The discrepancies are confusing also.

For example, Wii Fit can survive a moon landing on him/her at 0%, but there is a certain percent in which she won’t.

You can’t take game mechanics literally in many situations.

I am aware that they are from different games, but the characters are based on their canon appearances.

Do you actually think that the developers of Smash Brothers really just wanted to make Wii Fit godly?

Obviously that wasn’t their goal.

The discrepancies are confusing also.

For example, Wii Fit can survive a moon landing on him/her at 0%, but there is a certain percent in which she won’t.

You can’t take game mechanics literally in many situations.
Bolded part 1: how is this relevant

bolded part 2: yeah, that is in fact how taking damage works, at a certain point your durability will fail, you don’t either take no damage at all or die instantly when hit by something, you either tank it, die instantly, or take some amount of damage but not die immediately

Bolded part 1: how is this relevant

This is obviously relevant because the authority of the characters are the ones who dictate how powerful their characters are.

For example, in Star Wars, developers of the video game "The Force Awakens" had to establish verbally that Darth Vader can not really use Force Lightning even though he is seen doing it in the multiplayer option of the game.

"They were just game mechanics and were used purely for the convenience of not creating options specific to Vader."

The Smash developers, not trying to make any characters canonically stronger or weaker, would feel the same way.

This isn't a power statement, it's just a fighting game.

bolded part 2: yeah, that is in fact how taking damage works, at a certain point your durability will fail, you don’t either take no damage at all or die instantly when hit by something, you either tank it, die instantly, or take some amount of damage but not die immediately

Is this supposed to be game logic or real life logic?

Usually taking damage is by HP in video games, and this is very different. Also, no Smash cutscene shows any of these mechanics at all.

In real life, this applies even less so. If I am really beat down and hurt from my afterschool job, I am not going to be sent 500 yards if I get hit by an opening door on my way to clock out.

Back