• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are Tier 2 Smash Characters consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This is something I've been thinking about yesterday, and wanted to know the opinions of others. Keep in mind that I put this is Q&A for a reason, because I don't think I wanna make a CRT yet, as I'm not sold on it. This is legit not me thinking they deserve to be tier 2, but to know if other people think so.

Anyway, they did fight Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Tabuu, and Giga Bowser, took hits from Pakia, Dialga, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, and Arceus (with the CT + Arceus being confirmed universe creators in the trophies), and we can fight with Ness, Rosalina, and Shulk (granted, Rosalina's the only one who's always tier 2)

I remember they got oneshotted by Tabuu, and we not should use powerscaling from other series in a crossover.

They got one-shotted by Tabuu's strongest attack, which is meant to one-shot. Once that attack was disabled, they could fight him.

The Creation Trio are all Tier 2 via Smash-only statements. No scaling from their original selves (Who are 2-B anyway)

I actually think that Tier 2 is more consistent than 7-B, which only scales from Entei and Kirby's Down-B (according to Kirby's page, anyway), while Low 2-C would come from Master Hand and Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, Tabuu (although, to a lesser extent, as he is clearly stronger than a fighter by themselves), the Creation Trio (Dialga has a Low 2-C statement in its trophy in both Brawl and Wii U)

And Low 2-C Olimar must happe

Considering it's a jump all the way to Tier 2, and it's already being talked about here, maybe changing it to a CRT and/or highlighting it would be fine, but in the end, it's your decision

I would compare Smash Characters fighting the Master Hand to Normal Pokemon fighting Legendary Pokemon. They happen, but are inconsistant.

Megamangohan said:
I would compare Smash Characters fighting the Master Hand to Normal Pokemon fighting Legendary Pokemon. They happen, but are inconsistant.

except they have no other feat , so they can scale

How is Giga Bowser Low 2-C?

Also, Arceus is a Poke Ball Pokemon that can be summoned in Smash 4, and characters are fully capable of taking hits from it.

That should work as an upgrade for Master Hand, too, as Arceus is still presumably a toy to Master Hand.

Overlord775 said:
Megamangohan said:
except they have no other feat , so they can scale
tecnically you are wrong because of the Kirby feat

Kirby feat and Entei causing volcanic eruptions simply by roaring vs Scaling to multiple people with Low 2-C feats

F i n n a l y

Only the real Cal Howard makes a thread to upgrade Nintendo o3o

But in all seriousness, while I do agree with this, I am dexterous enough to debate otherwise.

@Peach-Chan. Why, you flatter me, my good friend ovo. In all seriousness, I'm glad you agree.

Wow, this is going much smoother than I thought it would. *knocks on wood*

They would only be scaling to characters that originate in the crossover and crossover only statements @Ant

but here is another possibility, all the Smash Characters are just an imagination of a child's mind, and thus, all defeats of the hand only happen in the mind, based on the 64 intro. The truth is we have no idea if the feats are legit due to there being a fictional reality outside of the fictional reality

Antvasima said:
Isn't this a crossover? We do not tend to use them, as they tend to rescale all participant characters to roughly match each other.
@Ant. It's a crossover with its own feats. They're not scaling to Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Arceus from their worlds, or else they'd be 2-B. It's just that Smash!Dialga, Smash!Palkia, and Smash!Arceus have Low 2-C statements, which blend nicely with the universal feats of Smash's own Master Hand and Tabuu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back