• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are Tier 2 Smash Characters consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ever

"and we can fight with Ness, Rosalina, and Shulk"

Ness and Shulk have varying tiers, and that's ignoring that they wouldn't have their normal stats in a crossover game.

"Giga Bowser"

Never had a Low 2-C feat, he currently scales off of Master Hand and Crazy. I also find why they scale questionable.

"Creation Trio"

They fought their respective Smash versions outside of game mechanics?

Devil's advocate: We can't guarantee that these characters fought the CT. Smash doesn't even have a story, so we don't know much of anything that happens in the game unless we're taking the subspace emissary into account and assume that any character could have fought the Master's Core and the others at the end of Adventure and Classic modes for every other game. To list the CT as a feat is... Shakey.

My argument: In a fighting game without story, everyone probably scales to each other. If there was a story that was somewhat consistent, it would be different. And if we assume everyone scales to each other, then we should assume anything and everything that can happen happens. Sure, that means Low-2-C excitebike. But its consistent...

Actually wait a minute.

If the hands perceive a Low 2-C Arceus as fiction, that would make them 2-B.

However the characters wouldn't scale to Master Hand, assuming that it's true everything in the Smash Bros. verse is just MH and CH playing with toys. They should instead scale to Arceus, Palkia, and Dialga instead (via Poke Balls and the one stage in Brawl where Dialga, Cresselia, and Palkia can all attack the players and stuff).

And yes the characters can still scale to the Creation Trio. Just because it happens within gameplay doesn't mean it's game mechanics.

It doesn't need to have a story either. If they are capable of doing it, then they are capable of doing it.

I don't really think that your first assumption works very well, AN, the last 3 games don't make it really clear that they're all toys. The intro to melee implies that this shit is closer to Bakugan or something, the way Mario was thrown out and became alive in a random stadium. It's very confusing and speculatory what any of all of this means. All we know is that these characters are trophies and they fight a Low-2-C.

I'm a little confused. Is this suggesting we make tons of separate Smash profiles in addition to the (already pretty pointless) ones we have? That seems like it would be superfluous.

Or is it suggesting that we add a Low 2-C key to every character who has a profile and appears in Smash? Because that's wrong for a number of reasons.

I was also quite suspicious of these recent revisions.

This is like making a key or profile for Xenoverse Goku....

If we allow this, then the likes of 2-B Xenoverse Goku, 3-C Project X Zone Dante, Playstation All-Stars Kratos, 2-A J-Stars Seiya, etc would be allowed as well.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Those are different, though. We have a Nintendo verse page for a reason.
Crossover Characters are still Crossover Characters. Of course if people want 2-A/High 2-A Tekken though....

I'm just now getting into this. I just want a bit of clarification.

We are talking about upgrades to characters purely within the "Smash!" universe that do not scale AT ALL to characters outside of said universe, meaning that even canonical characters within Smash will not get an upgrade to their normal stats. Right?

If so, it makes sense. But implying that, say, normal Pikachu would become Low 2-C because they fought in a fighting game character is sort of outrageous. Bad idea.

Gotta love how some of the same people exclaiming "Xenoverse Goku profile shouldn't be made! It's nothing but Goku with higher stats. This will lead to a flood of ridiculous noncanon profiles" are now doing this Smash Bros stuff. Even worse putting them as keys to the actual canonical pages.

And what is "Legit scaling" Matt? There's no story to deligitimize and conflict with feats and scaling, unlike most fighting games. The only story we have is the classic, adventure, and subspace emissary modes.

And this is an indexing site, first and foremost, right? So saying that there are "superfluous" isn't an argument, if you're saying that having lots of pages of different characters is excessive. There's plenty of Link pages, and Final Fantasy reoccurring characters that just throw different Incarnations in the same profile and key, so it can't be for organization or keeping the number of profiles down (There's vs battles that happen where people make mistakes all the time on understanding what is going on in the profiles for them by the way). Or are those special cases? In which case, why can't this be another "special case"?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Yeah, we denied stuff like Low 2-C Albert ******* Wesker for the exact same reasons. This is suggesting either a bunch of non-canon Low 2-C profiles, or keys on canon characters' pages. Neither of these are a good idea.
>Implying those shades alone don't make him Low 2-C.

Offtopic... 2-A / High 2-A Tekken ?! , 2-A J-stars ?!

On topic I mean they clearly have a different story and such. Kind of like what we fan do with Akuma from Tekken. We just need to make separate pages and such. The other stuff is... Your decision, but they should each count as crossover game variations, and "could" be treated in a similar light.

And smash is Canon to itself. So...?

And why are non-canon profiles suddenly banned? What's wrong with having an indexing site of fictional characters fighting capabilities having some Non-canon profiles that are separate from the main Canon and don't get scaling to itself. And please don't act like this is adding an unsustainable amount of work for the entire wiki, not every single staff member has to work on this. Honestly, you might as well say that adding any verse is adding work and say "we might as well add every fictional verse on the page".

Yes, but these characters are from their series. Pit has proven this. These are non-canon appearances. Moreover, this is a crossover. Only ones who should have files are Master Hand, Tabuu, Crazy Hand, etc.

Amexim said:
And smash is Canon to itself. So...?
Hence why it's fine to have profiles for original characters with actual feats from Smash, but not to randomly create a bunch of pages for nearly identical versions of already existing characters for the sole purpose of giving them a power boost.

This isn't even about new forms or powers or something. It's just about having what essentially amounts to copy profiles but the Tier is changed to Low 2-C.

I'm actually not for creating the profiles of Smash characters. It's well...exactly what Azzy and Ryu are saying. (Though, tbf, in Brawl, they all qualify for being vastly different than their canon counterparts save Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and maybe Sonic)

Read one of the like dozens of Xenoverse Goku threads and you'll see the reasons why I don't find these pages necessary to be made. Now if we allow these pages to stay and finally make Xenoverse Goku then I'd at least be okay since our site's being consistent. I mean this is the exact same situation, if not worse since we're making numerous profiles/keys of the matter.

I'm just going to say this. The site clearly views and treats Dragon Ball different than other verses. At least in terms that it's put under a lot more scrutiny than most other series.

What about when they vastly different from their canon counterparts in terms of abilities, such as Captain Falcon or Game and Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back