• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus and creation of universe

Pokedex entry stated, that Arceus created universe, but how much pokedex is reliable? Some pokedex entries are nonsensical, so what certainty we have, that Arceus entry is correct?

We have lots of other sources about this, arceus created the creation trio that created the universe, therefore he created everything, it is said in the game lore, pokedex, anime, manga and it goes on.

The pokedex is canon and used on the profiles so why would we ignore his when it is one of the clearest and less contradictory ones.

Pokedex entry stated, that Arceus created universe, but how much pokedex is reliable? Some pokedex entries are nonsensical, so what certainty we have, that Arceus entry is correct?
The Pokedex statements are canon so there is no reason to ignore them

I don’t know if you are aware @Seventy96, but arceus has an in game scene of him creating a universe casually in Heart Gold or Soul Silver. We don’t need the dex to know he is At least universal. He is At least because the creation trio (duo in this case) also have been shown creating a new universe, even in the anime (Anime they literally Barth one up), and arceus scales far above all 3 of them combined.

no dex required.

but, for a bit of info, Pokémon have been shown doing dex feats in other mediums outside of the game, like the manga for example.

Again with this topic?

It’s been proven time and time again that the Pokédex is a reliable source, there’s absolutely no reason to be disregarding it.

At this point, we need a discussion rule for this
in this case, we really don’t need the dex. Doesn’t his page already have links to explanations, and in-game feats? The HGSS event should be enough so that people stop questioning his universe level status At bare minimum.

Arceus is stated over and over again to be the creator of everthing, including the Creation Trio

In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos.
At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg.
Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One.
From itself, two beings the Original One did make.
Time started to spin. Space began to expand.
From itself again, three living things the Original One did make.
The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be.
The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be.
The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep...

Which ones? I can't think of any that are unreliable unless specifically worded in such a way that indicates only a possibility "Like "some say ____" type entries).
Unless you're talking about the whole Marcargo thing that everyone seems to talk about when saying that they're fake, without realizing that Marcargo's mass and size is so tiny that even with the heat you could stand around it within like a few dozen feet and be completely fine. It being hotter then the sun means **** all when it's only like 3ft and weighs like nothing.

This "Pokedex is unreliable" mentality needs to stop first of all. People tend to site only like a few select entries and try to make the entire dex of over 800+ entries unreliable. It's ridiculous.
This is why I suggested we make a discussion rule about this (even though we shouldn't have to).

The Pokedex topic comes up much too often with the same shit again and again trying to discredit it. Having a rule will help keep that under lock and key.

I think you guys are missing another point besides the dex. The OP said that why believe he created the universe just cause the dex said it? The problem isn’t only that the OP is saying that the dex isn’t reliable, the other problem is literally ignoring outside-dex statements and feats. We’ve seen the creation trio (duo) create a universe in the anime, we saw arceus create a universe in an in-game event.

i think the pages need to mention that in their AP section if they are not already there. Some links to screen-shots as well would help.

Arceus, as well as all of the creation trio that he created, have all shown many times that they can create universes and have many universal statements.

Also like many people said, the Pokédex is 100% reliable. Claming things as "nonsensical" without providing proof to why isn't really a proof to anything.

Not that you even need a Pokédex to clearly see that Arceus and the Creation trio are universal

Arceus, as well as all of the creation trio that he created, have all shown many times that they can create universes and have many universal statements.

Also like many people said, the Pokédex is 100% reliable. Claming things as "nonsensical" without providing proof to why isn't really a proof to anything.

Not that you even need a Pokédex to clearly see that Arceus and the Creation trio are universal
I liked the time Dialga and Palkia literally vomitted up a universe in the anime.

Wtf since when this happened? Can you me a video pls ? Or in which movie this happened?
This happened in Season 12 Episode 47 iirc, this is the episode in the Spear Pillar

Dialga used Roar of Time and Palkia used Spatial Rend to form the new universe. Roar of time comes from the mouth, so maybe this is why they said vomiting

Ok I got the raw.
I obviously can't upload it in full but I'll upload some clips.

While I'm at it, here's the summoning.
I cut out some parts though to keep it under 1m as Imgur's rules.

Nice! Though I'm just asking where did you found the japanese dub. I've been looking for Diamond and Pearl in Japanese for a long time now

Nice! Though I'm just asking where did you found the japanese dub. I've been looking for Diamond and Pearl in Japanese for a long time now
Hxe3.gif

E̶x̶a̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶i̶r̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶

Edit: Removed.

Best click those links now before I get in shit for linking to some animeass pirating sites.
Though you could just bookmark it and look up the rest yourself. It'd be easy to find whatever you need, make sure you sort by seeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I'm at it, here's the summoning.
I cut out some parts though to keep it under 1m as Imgur's rules.

This may be off-topic but considering the effects of the Red Chain and how it takes the exact shape of Arceus' ring, I think Arceus should or can have the same powers as the Red Chain, including forcing non-corporeal/conceptual beings into a physical form.

This may be off-topic but considering the effects of the Red Chain and how it takes the exact shape of Arceus' ring, I think Arceus should or can have the same powers as the Red Chain, including forcing non-corporeal/conceptual beings into a physical form.
Eh, to vague honestly. It looks the same but that's literally it. Not to mention it took the 3 lake guardians to create it, they can't even do it normally from what we know.
Arceus can probably do something like that, but that's it, it's just guesswork, we don't know for sure.

@Chariot190

Do not link to pirated content within this forum. It could get us in trouble.

Also, which sites did you link to, so I can add them to our blacklist.

This happened in Season 12 Episode 47 iirc, this is the episode in the Spear Pillar

Dialga used Roar of Time and Palkia used Spatial Rend to form the new universe. Roar of time comes from the mouth, so maybe this is why they said vomiting
Actually small correction here but they didn’t use their signature moves to do that feat.

They just used green colored beams from the mouth.

Yeah the beam was generic for the universe, but they used their signature moves to desteoy it snd cause the singularity

It's not just the Pokedex that says it. Any lore involving Arceus pretty much involves it being the creator of the world.

Back