• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transduality justification for the true form of Arceus?

Why do we TD a 6-D character because it transcends 5-D dualities?
Think of it this way. A 6-D Character is not transcending 5-D Dualities, they are transcending duality, which just so happens to cap out at 5-D. In this context, dualities do not exist beyond 5-D, there are no 6-D Dualities, so Arceus is beyond duality through transcendence alone in this context.

Does it transcend a system of duality? Yes, then you get Transduality. Whether their is a dimensional transcendence involved or not doesn't change anything.
It doesn't matter whether it transcends or not, it matters how it transcends in the context.

Does it transcend it with its transdual nature?

Or does it transcend them by directly transcending the plane through dimensional difference?

Also, it would be a bit more ironic if the TD of a 6-D being and power that transcends 5-D dualities works in 6-D. Because the only dualities at the level it transcends are only 5-D, since it doesn't transcend any dualities in 6-D, it should on this basis still leave it open to 6-D conceptual attacks

A transdual nature? As in a nature that transcends duality? You seem to be making this more complicated than it is. If their is system of duality and you transcend it then you are have gain transduality, whether that transcending is also applicable for a higher (or beyond) dimensional existence doesn't affect anything.

You still seems haven't understood my point, what is fundamentally important is in what context and how this transcendence is done.

Because transcendence means many things, and the context here is not transcendence of a conceptual nature, it's a dimensional transcendence that directly transcends the plane. And this does not mean that you are immune to concepts/dualities because of your transdual nature. Even if we assume that, it should only work in 5-D, not in 6-D.

bros trying to get rid of transdual characters who are above their cosmology (which is what a faithful transdual character should be utterly transcending dualities that they exist on a higher plane compared to them and this plane lacking these duality)

Expecting a character to exist within the same plane as the dualities they transcend and that being above cosmology = automatically disqualifies is just hilariously bad and many staff even disagreed with this idea.

This transcendence of a conceptual nature isn't really a thing, and I'm not sure where you got it from. So I'm not sure how I discuss this with you? It seems you are doing that thing where people add conceptual in front of something expecting it to make it seem more complicated and have more meaning. Do you mean they lack the idea of dualities, because the whole being outside of the regular world Distortion World dual relationship seems to fit that?

This transcendence of a conceptual nature isn't really a thing, and I'm not sure where you got it from. So I'm not sure how I discuss this with you? It seems you are doing that thing where people add conceptual in front of something expecting it to make it seem more complicated and have more meaning. Do you mean they lack the idea of dualities, because the whole being outside of the regular world Distortion World dual relationship seems to fit that?
Ontological or qualitative transcendence is a better way to put it (which Arceus DOES and SHOULD have).

You mean like a... higher dimensional transcendence.
Eh not really. Quantitative superiority would be like infinite 5-D dwarfing infinite 4-D. Qualitative would be to see something as fiction or to transcend/be above the concepts of the lower world. Both are distinct but currently equated transcendence

Eh not really. Quantitative superiority would be like infinite 5-D dwarfing infinite 4-D. Qualitative would be to see something as fiction or to transcend/be above the concepts of the lower world. Both are distinct but currently equated transcendence
While I agree with the revision, it hasn't gone through yet. So a higher dimensional transcendence currently is still applicable for those terms.

While I agree with the revision, it hasn't gone through yet. So a higher dimensional transcendence currently is still applicable for those terms.
I dunno why he's arguing that Arceus doesn't have "conceptual transcendence" when he quite literally does and is beyond the concepts of Pokemon and would fit into what he is trying to say it doesn't fit in.

What matters is basically what kind of nature you are as against to the nature of dualities.

1136315642316869774.png

I... I don't do this? Or at least I don't do it arbitrarily.

Because the "transcendence" provided by dimensional transcendence =/= "transcendence" provided by transdual or conceptual nature.
Well, the meaning of qualitative superiority is to be superior to all the quantities you contain or transcended, and they can never be reach to you.

Transcending the concepts of the lower world and transcending the lower world are essentially the same for now.

What matters is basically what kind of nature you are as against to the nature of dualities.

1136315642316869774.png

I... I don't do this? Or at least I don't do it arbitrarily.

Because the "transcendence" provided by dimensional transcendence =/= "transcendence" provided by transdual or conceptual nature.

Well, the meaning of qualitative superiority is to be superior to all the quantities you contain or transcended, and they can never be reach to you.

Transcending the concepts of the lower world and transcending the lower world are essentially the same for now.
Like always I have no idea what you're saying.

So to have an applicable transcendence above a dual system for a transdual nature you must prove that it is a transcendence of a transdual nature, a bit circular. As for being conceptual, Arceus is above the concepts of the rest of the verse including its transdual nature, and is the very concept that encompasses and is outside of that creation... Plus an applicable dual system is inherently concept related so?

i think bro is trying to ask if he is also transdual in 6D cause he's basically 6D by transcending the duality and dimension in 5D and there is no duality in 6D
if so will he retain being transdual even in 6D

or something like that

Back