• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but Arale's Toon force is stronger/higher level than the Reality Machine's one, it has done more impressive stuff. Unless you want to tell me that Reality Machine's Toon force is stronger, there are levels of Toon force.
Also, Toon force power is not at all something that always the character know that it's using, at the end of the chapter, the characters were speculting what could have been the reason of as of why that happened suddenly to Beerus, so I wouldn't be too sure that it was cuz of the Reality Machine, that's what Trunks thought but he wasn't 100% sure and there isn't a true answer for this.
At the end of the day, she was saved by a gag plot, you know, the entire episodie was a Gag.

So this pretty much confirms that Goku's statement is a contradiction.
Well the problem is The Reality Machine 2 is a new character. Plus it's 100% the Reality Machine 2 who induced it. A main plot of the episode was the characters getting Beerus to come save them. So they asked people around the world to make the most delicious thing they can think of. Which the Machine made a candy ball from those thoughts. That gave him the *****. Plus Arale isn't the strongest toon user in series. She has lost to people before.

Well the problem is The Reality Machine 2 is a new character. Plus it's 100% the Reality Machine 2 who induced it. A main plot of the episode was the characters getting Beerus to come save them. So they asked people around the world to make the most delicious thing they can think of. Which the Machine made a candy ball. That gave him the *****. Plus Arale isn't the strongest toon user in series. She has lost to people before.
Ye, but at the end of the day, the Gag plot manipulated the events in favour of Arale, so another character intervined, so inderectly, her Toon force saved her, thus that's why she has plot manip, and thus Beerus couldn't overcome it. The gag plot was in favour of Arale.

And, the Reality Machine already appeared in the 1997's, also, the fact that the Reality Machine #2 is featless, and thus we can't assume that it's Toon force is a higher level than Arale's. She never fought the Reality Machine, so we can't just assume with a 100% evidence.

And well I'm quite iffy, if the gag was actually becouse of the Reality Machine #2, becouse at the end the characters weren't too sure about it, if that was the case, someone should've say it without "probably" or "maybe", and it wouldn't be an assumption.
Anyways.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know the Reality Machine has no Toon Force on its own. It's just a... Reality Warping machine.

(BTW God, what you said implies Arale's plot hax is passive. Which is quite the upgrade.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know the Reality Machine has no Toon Force on its own. It's just a... Reality Warping machine.

BTW God, what you said implies Arale's plot hax is passive. Which is quite the upgrade.
Exactly, exactly, if that's the case, that means that Beerus is indeed not resistant, becouse he was affected by Gag effects, such as having a stomach ache, becouse you know Gag is a comedy, funny effect, and thus Beerus was affected. And yeah, Arale's plot Hax is passive and saved her from being Hakai'd by Beerus, inderectly.

So yeah.

Ye, but at the end of the day, the Gag plot manipulated the events in favour of Arale, so another character intervined, so inderectly, her Toon force saved her, thus that's why she has plot manip, and thus Beerus couldn't overcome it. The gag plot was in favour of Arale.
Saying it's just because of her is kind of reach imo. You would need proof that this us what happened. Alot of people in fiction just get saved by others. Including in Dr Slump. I wouldn't say that since others saved her and saved the day in the series that it supports her plot Manipulation.
And, the Reality Machine already appeared in the 1997's, also, the fact that the Reality Machine #2 is featless, and thus we can't assume that it's Toon force is a higher level than Arale's. She never fought the Reality Machine, so we can't just assume with a 100% evidence.
Well the feats would be from affecting Beerus this episode. Plus it's likely it can do anything the first one did. But the Reality Machine isn't something you would fight, its a tool. But the scientists have made things more potent than Arale before, so they could definitely do it again.
And well I'm quite iffy, if the gag was actually becouse of the Reality Machine #2, becouse at the end the characters weren't too sure about it, if that was the case, someone should've say it without "probably" or "maybe", and it wouldn't be an assumption.
Anyways.
From the episode all of them were at the conclusion that the candy ball from The Reality Machine 2 was why. They were just pondering on what in it did it in the ball.

I disagree. Since he's saying Arale's stuff won't work on him.
Still disagree on this point because of my previous comment.
It was also progated by Senbei (Her creator) pleading with Beerus to stop. Which is very seldom, he never does that. Earlier in the episode when Vegeta wanted to fight her. Senbei just said don't hurt yourself.
That means he sees Beerus, unlike Vegeta, as stronger than Arale, so of course he's gonna be worried. She doesn't have like super duper pontent healing(compared to some other gag franchises anyway) & a robot(from Dr.Mashirito i belive) blew her to pieces via brute force so don't need TF Immunity to beat her
It's was the Reality Machine 2 which induced it.
Agreed

Saying it's just because of her is kind of reach imo. You would need proof that this us what happened. Alot of people in fiction just get saved by others. Including in Dr Slump. I wouldn't say that since others saved her and saved the day in the series that it supports her plot Manipulation.
Exactly, and that would strengthen the fact that she has passive plot manipulation. The events just saved her in a comical/gag way, not in a serious way like serious characters. And thus Beerus got affected in a comical way by the train of events.
Well the feats would be from affecting Beerus this episode. Plus it's likely it can do anything the first one did. But the Reality Machine isn't something you would fight, its a tool. But the scientists have made things more potent than Arale before, so they could definitely do it again
Again, you are just assuming, the Reality Machine has feats, but It doesn't have the impressive feats that Arale has, we don't know if it's Toon force would be stronger than Arale's, both never fought, and assuming that "likely" or "probably", the Reality Machine is stronger is a huge assumption becouse we don't know if the Reality Machine belongs to that category.

Also, Ottavio said that the machine probably doesn't have Toon force, so there is that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, beerus left because he ate the ball from the reality machine.....couldn't it just he has diabetes? Jk jk, seriously but the ball he ate definitely effected him, and the reality machine created it, it looks like biological manipulation , poison manipulation or Toon force.

Correct me if I'm wrong, beerus left because he ate the ball from the reality machine.....couldn't it just he has diabetes? Jk jk, seriously but the ball he ate definitely effected him, and the reality machine created it, it looks like biological manipulation , poison manipulation or Toon force.
That would be the effect of the candy ball not the reality machine itself

I can understand the points God and Armbill are trying to argue

The point God is trying to argue is that plot manipulation still affected Beerus and that the plot essentially acted up on its own in order to save arale from Beerus in comedic fashion no less

The point Armbill is trying to argue is that the plot acting up and affecting Beerus was not INTENTIONALLY arale's doing but rather something seemingly out of her control

(Which could still give her passive plot hax cause many characters have things like plot and fate acting up to save them without the user intentionally doing it or aware of it)

I just rewatched that episode and didn't see anything that hinted at Beerus resisting toon force or even being affected. He just got ill due to the food they created and couldn't digest it properly. Bulma specially mentions that.

I just rewatched that episode and didn't see anything that hinted at Beerus resisting toon force or even being affected. He just got ill due to the food they created and couldn't digest it properly. Bulma specially mentions that.
Yes, but that's what Gag means, which means comedic effects, funny stuff.

I understand what gag means, but beerus wasn't being affected anywhere in the episode from toon force/gag effects. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean
Yes, but that's what Gag means, which means comedic effects, funny stuff.

That means he sees Beerus, unlike Vegeta, as stronger than Arale, so of course he's gonna be worried. She doesn't have like super duper pontent healing(compared to some other gag franchises anyway) & a robot(from Dr.Mashirito i belive) blew her to pieces via brute force so don't need TF Immunity to beat her
She could've just like trapped in manga frames while he was talking, she reacted to him talking. Its not like Beerus would be able to see her leave the manga, unless he wasn’t resistant. Strength isnt a big factor. When she was defeated she got punched by attacks which could punch the moon from earth. So Toonforce had to due with her defeat.

Exactly, and that would strengthen the fact that she has passive plot manipulation. The events just saved her in a comical/gag way, not in a serious way like serious characters. And thus Beerus got affected in a comical way by the train of events.
She was saved in more serious ways. As when she was defeated by Dr.Mashirito. The other characters like gatchan got more serious.
Again, you are just assuming, the Reality Machine has feats, but It doesn't have the impressive feats that Arale has, we don't know if it's Toon force would be stronger than Arale's, both never fought, and assuming that "likely" or "probably", the Reality Machine is stronger is a huge assumption becouse we don't know if the Reality Machine belongs to that category.
Well since its a tool. Arale would be better in certain ways. But going off statements and reactions of characters. He would be stronger in a aspect.
Also, Ottavio said that the machine probably doesn't have Toon force, so there is that.
Idk if I agree. Since pretty much everyone in Slump has Toonforce. But I don't remember him doing something besides what his programming is.

I ultimately have to side with god, it's passive plot manipulation, but it doesn't seem like arale can control it, maybe the plot itself acts on it's own to protect arale or shape itself to benefit arale [even if arale isn't aware of it]. So passive plot manipulation for arale, either it's a controllable passive or not it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things I suppose.

Also I like how the one Dragonball thing is the most contentious and not the other op abilites I'm adding like I thought. 😭

I understand what gag means, but beerus wasn't being affected anywhere in the episode from toon force/gag effects. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean
You are misunderstanding yes, as someone said above, the plot acted upon it's own and saved Arale for being killed by Beerus, making the latter having a stomach ache in a comical way. Which gives Arale Passive plot manipulation.

Becouse it's a ability that is always active, something that she can't control, many characters have passive plot manipulation.

What he means is that Beerus ate the candy and was fine but SOMEHOW started getting a stomach ache as soon as he targeted Arale
And Arale was SAVED from Beerus by his stomach suddenly acting up and retreating and all in a comedic gag effect/manner

Which ordinarely wouldnt see this happening like at all

The main things for Beerus is Goku stating that it wouldn't work. He was affected by the byproduct of the Reality Machine 2.

Last edited:
Exactly, that's what Gag means, someone saved by plot with additional Gag effects is Passive plot manipulation.

But yeah I don't really agree that this instance proves passive plot manipulation. This isn't stated anywhere and is only assuming what happened. While what I'm saying has statements.

I am definitely against passive plot hax because of this. I am sure there are other ones that comes wayyy closer than whatever this is.

Again, Gag means funny stuff/comedic effects. This entire episodie was a Gag. Can you imagine a Candy giving a stomach ache to a God that can withstand toxic climates such outer space?, Gag means ilogical things/funny stuff.

Ultimately, Arale was saved by a Gag plot, which gives her passive plot manipulation. You don't need to be aware or to have control of an ability to have it.

I can agree with what you guys are saying about giving such a hax to Arale for this, but I think giving Beerus resistance to Toon Force for something that can be interpreted in many ways is just as bad.

That seems like such a massive stretch from what it actually is.
Well tbf Arale already has reasons for passive plot hax
However it is limited to storybook/fictional realities

But I suppose it is a stretch because thats just one interpretation of what happened

The other simply being that Beerus had indigestion as Bulma says
(though the fact it didnt act immediately and ONLY when beerus targets arale is off putting to say the least)

Also here's some new feats for cold resistance and maybe spatial resistance

• Wasn't affected by ice breath which froze the sun. How cold does it have to be to freeze the sun wtf.
  • Senbei's sword has shown being able to cut through space. However, when it interacted with Arale it didn't affect her.
Thoughts on these?

Well tbf Arale already has reasons for passive plot hax
However it is limited to storybook/fictional realities

But I suppose it is a stretch because thats just one interpretation of what happened

The other simply being that Beerus had indigestion as Bulma says
(though the fact it didnt act immediately and ONLY when beerus targets arale is off putting to say the least)
Yes, but the problem is, Arale was saved in a ridiculous/Gag way by the plot, the basis of gag characters is the comedic effects they can do, and the stuff that can even happen by their presence. And the character doesn't need to be aware of having a passive ability lol.
That's how many characters got Passive plot manipulation.
You don't need Goku saying:

"Arale was saved by her passive plot manipulation when it's blatantly show"

-This is what we call a feat.

Yes, but the problem is, Arale was saved in a ridiculous/Gag way by the plot, the basis of gag characters is the comedic effects they can do, and the stuff that can even happen by their presence. And the character doesn't need to be aware of having a passive ability lol.

Can't we just put "possibly/likely" as a comprise?

It would be funny if the majority of people agreed and she got this. What are the reasons for the other characters? This instance just seems like a theory. Since we're relying on the assumption that others are under her control. But I suppose if the majority agree mods, it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back