• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This definitely should be removed as an outlier since Hakai is a UeS. I dislike some of the counter arguments, such as questioning the canonicity and saying the Araleā€™s are different. DB and Dr. Slump share the same setting and Earth and the characters are their same versions. We literally have a note and an imgur album explaining why. I do disagree with the CRT though since itā€™s an outlier. Araleā€™s plot manipulation affects countless low 1-C timelines and is more impressive than Zenoā€™s best feat of erasing the hypertimeline, so it should be rejected as an outlier.

Toon force applies to the world of Doctor Slump but not Dragon Ball, and there is a reason for that. Gag properties shouldn't apply to DB. Just because they're within the same cosmology doesn't mean they work the same, I've stated that before.
I don't see how Dragon Ball not being a gag series (actually, it was in the first series, but we can ignore that, yes) would create a contradiction for cross-fiction standards. As I mentioned, it's already stated and shown in Dragon Ball Super that Arale comes from a gag manga and explicitly does absurd things according to their own physics

(0:52)
''This absurd strength''
''She must be a gag comic character''
(2:00)
''Common sense doesn't apply to her at all''
''I won't get anywhere with a battle comic fighting style''
And I'm not arguing that is an outlier, but rather something not applicable due to differences between physics and nature.
I think there might be a misunderstanding on this. I didn't say that you claimed it to be an outlier;I just wanted to point out other people's claims and why I disagree with it.
Option 1 would be impossible, due to several proofs of the multiverse shared with Dr slump, the best hypothesis is just us leads to outlier.
You know that your offer is more impossible than the first option, right? Because there is not even a single outlier indicator

What you are saying doesn't change the fact that this is still an outlier.

TheGodOfICE is already stated the reason right above your message.
It doesn't necessarily make it a contradiction though tbf. It just means any character with 5D stuff wouldn't have the same range as Arale.

Plus outlier just means something different that happened alot. Like the majority of the feats in dbs could be considered outliers. However they are not contradictions.

Are there any new proposals involved? If not, we should stop arguing because it would deter the evaluation.

@Qawsedf234 @Maverick_Zero_X Should be the staff who disagreed, I think. DDM said he has doubts but didnā€™t specify his stance; Lephy seems clueless.

We should wait until Elizhaa and LordGriffin comment on this, they are one of the contributors towards Tier 1 DB in the first place.

Plus outlier just means something different that happened alot.
No, it doesn't just mean that. We have 5 different ways to decide whether something is an outlier or not.

The first is whether this will create a big jump or a drop in the character's power. In this case, yes. It's going to be a huge jump and it's going to affect part of the verse because of the UeS stuff.

The second one is whether it is unique or exceptional, and in this case, it is exceptional. Because Beerus has never had a 5-D feat like this before.

Thirdly, it is about whether the reason for this is explained, and in this case again, the reason why Beerus has shown/will show something very high compared to its previous feats is not explained.

The fourth one is about whether it breaks the predetermined scaling or not. And in this case, yes, it does. Because Beerus can erase Arale that Toribot cannot erase, so Beerus > Toribot in terms of EE. Which is impossible to claim.

The fifth one is whether it contradicts the previous narrative or not. Which in this case it definitely contradicts because you're claiming that Beerus can erase Arale, which someone like Toribot couldn't erase.

I remember him saying that he no longer wants to get involved with tier 1 things.
Even if he doesn't want to be involved with tier 1 stuff, he can still atleast give his thoughts involving the gag physics inconsistency being a contradiction to scaling between the two verse, as that's the current stance on staff for what's going to result in this thread being closed. (Not anything else anyone has said regarding tier 1 stuff being a outliner or not, something regarding tier 1 stuff in Dbz)

Disagree with thread, agree that the feat is canon and that the verses are connected. It's been made pretty clear by Toriyama that they share the same world-Maps, cameos, crossovers, etc. Under no circumstances can their canoncity be questioned. HOWEVER, it is very CLEARLY an outlier on Beerus' part, and should be noted as such on his profile.

Are there any new proposals involved? If not, we should stop arguing because it would deter the evaluation.

@Qawsedf234 @Maverick_Zero_X Should be the staff who disagreed, I think. DDM said he has doubts but didnā€™t specify his stance; Lephy seems clueless.

We should wait until Elizhaa and LordGriffin comment on this, they are one of the contributors towards Tier 1 DB in the first place.
Lephy disagreed too, so just asked for it to be closed at this point.

ā€ŠSnip
Everything you said that is contradiction isn't necessarily a contradiction. Everyone in Dr. Slump ***** on Toriyama, & they are fictional characters who he made. Just because another fiction character in a cartoon full of asspulls can scale above him in some way doesn't prove contradiction.

& outlier at its intrinsic def just means this. Unless it's proven 100% there's a contradiction. Then calling it an outlier or ways it might be doesn't mean much.

No, we use this definition when we say it is outlier.

The first is whether this will create a big jump or a drop in the character's power. In this case, yes. It's going to be a huge jump and it's going to affect part of the verse because of the UeS stuff.
Which UeS? The statements on that page are about Destruction Energy pertain to Dragon Ball Heroes + and no, there is no disproportionate increase or anything, all we have is 5d e.e and what kind of disproportion or inconsistency is there in this?
The fourth one is about whether it breaks the predetermined scaling or not. And in this case, yes, it does. Because Beerus can erase Arale that Toribot cannot erase, so Beerus > Toribot in terms of EE. Which is impossible to claim.
Why is it impossible? You know that Toriyama has many avatars (there are even 6D avatars that Arale and others don't interact with), and Beerus's E.E. could achieve such an feat what kind of contradiction is there here?

No, we use this definition when we say it is outlier.
"efforts should be made to try to reconcile outliers with other canon information, and only very extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable"

The first part of that page is kind of subjective. But the feat isn't inconsistent in terms of it being contradicted. Many abilities on the dbs profiles were only shown once as well.

"efforts should be made to try to reconcile outliers with other canon information, and only very extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable"

The first part of that page is kind of subjective. But the feat isn't inconsistent in terms of it being contradicted. Many abilities on the dbs profiles were only shown once as well.
Once but on a similar level in terms of power consistency

Before closing, I'm waiting for @Ss3micah
You know what Lephyr close it
Close this thread because I only have an hour long break and that time wonā€™t be nearly long enough to provide the full breakdown for everything here

I never wanted to do this
I really didnā€™t but now Iā€™m convinced to at least make a CTR for a note applied on Araleā€™s page or at most a discussion rule to be applied.

I and others have addressed this numerous times in the discussion group to not scale DB Canon Characters to Dr. Slump specific feats and structures but evidently people donā€™t listen

You had that one OP who tried to make Earth of DB 4KM and now this blatant newcomer trying to get 5-D Beerus for god knows what reason

If this does not stop soon then I bet in time weā€™ll see people trying to scale Kid Goku and Red Ribbon army people to Araleā€™s stats or trying to Argue that Kid Goku scales to Araleā€™s Toon Nature and this should have Immortality or maybe scale Kid Buu to Araleā€™s statistics because he blew up the Earth and supposedly Arale along with or are trying to scale DB villains to Araleā€™s stats via Goku statements of ā€œheā€™s the most strongest opponent person ive ever seenā€ and that would include Arale

The list goes on and on and frankly I wonā€™t to enjoy my lunch time rather than stressing over this right now
So close this thread and I promise a CTR to either make a note or discussion rule will be in the works soon

Cause clearly we have some people (the OP included) who somehow doesnā€™t see how scaling Stable and Consistent characters to the Feats performed by Gag characters isnā€™t Iffy at least and outright WTF at most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back