• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Spoiler Discussion Thread

Not sure how I feel about the other timeline avengers scaling to L&T Thor considering he's beyond the strongest one that we've seen so far. And we don't know if those avengers in those timelines are as strong as L&T Thor, and even if they were they would've at least been able to eat up Kang's planet busting feats

Last edited:
I agree. We don't have a reason to assume that the other Thor variants are as powerful as L&T Thor, and Kang breaching tier 5 on his own is solid enough to cover killing all the people that he has

Although if Kang killing everyone in his universe is legit then he would be 5-A for upscaling from Zeus and Egyptian gods like Khonshu and Ammit, not just L&T Thor. And if we take the supernova statement as literal then Kang would be High 4-C, which is consistent with some gods being possibly 4-C

Shouldn't characters from other timelines be as strong as the ones from the Sacred Timeline unless proved otherwise like in What If...?
Meh, we have nothing to prove the Avengers Kang killed were as strong as the main timeline's, plus we don't know when he killed them, presumably he could have killed pre-IW/Ragnarok versions

It's safer to go with an "At least 6-B" key if we can't prove he defeated Thor after he got amped to L&T levels and other characters (yes, destroying timelines means he killed gods but nothing confirms he directly fought them and he could have killed them simply by destroying these timelines and them with them)

His chair has drones able to generate his armor and other tech at will and he already had his blaster when he met Janet. Presumably, he developped the rest of his technology during and after his conquest
I wonder what kind of materials it’s made from. What Kind of materials in the universe would grant you this kind of stuff.

though Arkham would kang be interested in the infinity stones or he wouldn’t even care

damn i'm late to this, well i enjoyed the movie but yeah, it could've been way better, like most of phase 4 but at least it didn't make me go "bruh" several times like love and thunder (which i kinda enjoyed too), really sad that they turned modok into a joke, bro doesn't even have psychic powers.

anyway, what is our instance regarding, well, the quantum world stuff in general, l mean, will they scale to just 10-C due to size or do they have reason for scaling in more normal ways, like 9-B and stuff

while i understand people being angry over kang being beaten by ants, i think they are ignoring how it took an army of ants evolved through enough milleniums for their tech to let them absorb stellar energy from the quantum realm, and modok sacrificing his life too, so i think it was cool enough, but eh

anyway, what is our instance regarding, well, the quantum world stuff in general, l mean, will they scale to just 10-C due to size or do they have reason for scaling in more normal ways, like 9-B and stuff
11-A since the Quantum Realm is stated to be infinitely diminished

11-A since the Quantum Realm is stated to be infinitely diminished
This is my question, too. Obviously Kang can still have his higher rating because those feats were done outside of the Quantum Realm, so logically if Giant Man scales to him in the QR there's no reason he shouldn't in the normal universe.

But what about characters that only have QR feats? If they're smaller than atoms, wouldn't that affect the energy output?

I wonder what kind of materials it’s made from. What Kind of materials in the universe would grant you this kind of stuff.
We'll probably explore it in the next movies
though Arkham would kang be interested in the infinity stones or he wouldn’t even care
Considering the TVA's attitude towards them, I doubt he would really care about them. Or maybe he sees them as useful weapons or sources of energy he can craft tech from

At least Large Planet level (Has killed multiple Avengers before, including Thor. Kills everyone in a universe, which should include Gods like Khonshu. Can destroy multiple planets at once. Blocked and ridirected a beam from Xolum back at his head to the point it caused his head explode, with Xolum's head being described as a supernova contained in a glass cylinder)
That should include the Celestials too I guess. 3-C Kang wtf

Finally watched Quantumania.

I have to admit it is an even worse MCU film than the Dark World.

All of the ingredients are there for a great film, but the pacing, editing, writing, humor and ending really hold the film back. A third of it felt like a Rick & Morty spoof, and all of the best content was in the trailers.

In fact the trailers were a better Ant-Man film than Quantumania was.

Finally watched Quantumania.

I have to admit it is an even worse MCU film than the Dark World.

All of the ingredients are there for a great film, but the pacing, editing, writing, humor and ending really hold the film back. A third of it felt like a Rick & Morty spoof, and all of the best content was in the trailers.

In fact the trailers were a better Ant-Man film than Quantumania was.
Ooof

I heard it was on the same level as eternals though which on is worse in your opinion

I just wrote my own fanfic version of the film that I (biasedly) think is an improvement:

Cassie's invention isn't something worked on over 5 years but developed recently with Hank's help after Scott's experience being trapped down there. They prepare it as a surprise project to the rest of the family so that they can do exploration of the Quantum Realm safely. Janet listens to their explanation and warns them straight-up about hostile forces in the Quantum Realm led by a man who calls himself 'the Conqueror'. When asked why she didn't bring this up before, she explains the Conqueror is trapped and she wanted to forget all about him and the tortures he inflicted on her - so she forbids the project but Cassie fearfully reveals that the mapping tech is already active. They race to shut it down but it's been hijacked by a remote signal from the Quantum Realm. This hijacking signals overrides the Ant-Man suits too and sucks down anyone wearing them, which is Scott, Hope and Cassie.

Hank and Janet prepare their shrinking spaceship from Ant-Man 2 to go after them; Hank brings his ants with him this time.

Down in the Quantum Realm, Cassie, Scott and Hope are all separated. Scott is apprehended by Kang's men, Hope ends up on the run from quantum predators and Cassie is discovered by the Freedom Fighters.

In this version, Scott is more estranged from Cassie, and when Kang approaches him he displays an intimate knowledge of Scott's family crisis. He knows that Scott being separated from his daughter has led to these issues and Cassie being a troublemaker, and he offers to rewrite reality so that Scott was never trapped in the Quantum Realm at all. Scott appears to accept and wants to know what Kang wants in return.

Kang explains that his spaceship is out of fuel and there is no way of recreating it in the Quantum Realm; his ship was left to him by the Kang's who exiled him as a taunt since he could never make it work. But then he discovered fragments of the Time Stone; shredded to the Quantum level by Thanos.

He needs someone with Pym particle technology to shrink down, grab one of these fragments and bring it back. He had been hoping to get Janet, but Scott can accomplish it just as well.

Scott asks why can't Kang go do it himself; all he has to do is take the tech from Scott. But Kang informs him that the damaged fragment of the Time Stone is generating a probability storm, he can't risk variants of himself coming into existence because he can't trust himself, but Scott being so pure of heart can do it. Kang believes in the heart of a hero.

Scott does the same thing in the original movie (but with the Time Stone instead of damaged core), and Hope appears to save him as before.

Janet appears before the two of them and is shocked that Scott is helping Kang. It looks like Scott has gone to the dark side... but Scott reveals it is a ploy. He intends to steal Kang's spaceship from him and use it to get everyone home.

Kang is distracted by a rebellion of Freedom Fighters who Cassie has joined. He crushes the rebellion easily and captures Cassie - and while this is going on, Scott, Hope and Janet are stealing the spaceship. They almost get away with it but Kang intervenes and there's a fight over the Time Stone fragment. All appears lost until Hank Pym's ants come to the rescue; Hank has spent his time in an area of the Quantum Realm where time runs faster, allowing him to perfect the techno-ants, though he has grown older after years of working on it. He dies before the end of the film.

Janet and Hope escape with Kang's ship so he can never use it again while Scott stays to fight and save Cassie. Kang loses Cassie to Scott, but he gets his hands on the shrinking spaceship that Janet and Hank used and escapes with it.

The film ends with Scott and Cassie together in the Quantum Realm but their bond is strong again, and Kang can leave the Quantum Realm but can't travel the multiverse yet.

What makes you hold such a high opinion of the film exactly?
Practically everything. The outstanding visuals, the much more serious tone that (mostly) avoid stupid jokes to have levity, the fact there's no real villain (Arishem is the closest to one and even then he has no malicious intent) and the lack of black-and-white morality/situation, the designs are excellent, the music is outstanding (which is very notable because aside from the Avengers theme and the GotG themes, and no the songs Quill listen don't count, OSTs in the MCU are at best meh and at worst downright shitty), the action sequences are intense, almost all Eternals/characters are very well-developped, the story is overall epic (epic in the same way The Illiad was epic, as in old litterature, the film totally embracing this without the need to make its theme down to earth via deconstruction and honestly, deconstruction as a whole is beginning to seriously annoy me) which is an excellent thing), the much more mature themes (the right to prevent more lives from existing to save others, free will for teh greater good, the Deviants's desire to simply exist), the TONS of historical, legendary, cultural and mythological references you can spot if you know what they mean and, above all, the Celestials are perfect, Arishem is perfect and the movie really makes us feel the absurdly gigantic scale of its events, plot and environment. And as I said before, I'm a sucker for mythological stuff.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws of course. The Deviants are not developped enough, some jokes are very raising-your-eyes-to-the-sky-in-annoyance, Gilgamesh and Ajak are barely used (and at least Ajak has a major role) and Gilgamesh is really too weak for my taste (not to mention I recently got into Fate at the time so every time his name was said out loud, I had another, VASTLY more impressive Gilgamesh in mind), the fact that (in my opinion) the movie kind of feels overstuffed since it literally introduces a whole group of multiple characters and has to develop them, their personnality and backstory, has to explain why they weren't there, shows several historical periods and introduces us to outright gigantic cosmic concepts that were barely touched upon before, up to the literal creation of the Universe, which makes the plot hard to follow if you don't really know the comics or even if you're simply not really paying attention). Kingo, Druig and Makkari could have also recieved more screen time but this exageration for me (exageration because to me, their role is already excellent and they play their part as needed). Even then, none of it can erase or overpower the good aspects in this movie, which is much better than the vast majority of the MCU.

In any case, I honestly don't understand why so many people find it bad, I know it's a matter of opinions but it's so good to me. It's a big 18/20 and Id' rather watch this over and over than Quantumania or Black Panther (both of them).

Last edited:
Back