• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Spoiler Discussion Thread

Ant-Man doesn't seem to be any different besides his giant form, so pretty much it will

are we going to give Kang variable AP since he can vape people with his blasts bare minimum and can go up to busting planets

I'm curious about it as well, though I wonder how they will bring Kang back (cause he's confirmed to come back). Either it will be Loki's Kang (assuming there are two versions of this specific Kang) or at the end of Kang Dynasty, the heroes will defeat the Council which will accidentally cause the return of Kang and Secret Wars will be about defeating him.

Tbh there's no way Kang can beat Thanos with the IG unless he takes him by surprise. He got overwhelmed by ants, the space stone can easily seize his movements.

I'm curious about it as well, though I wonder how they will bring Kang back (cause he's confirmed to come back). Either it will be Loki's Kang (assuming there are two versions of this specific Kang) or at the end of Kang Dynasty, the heroes will defeat the Council which will accidentally cause the return of Kang and Secret Wars will be about defeating him.
Could you give a good estimate as to how many kangs were in the post credit scene

Tbf, Kang has always been about technology and the movie states he's not at his prime here. Considering the guy is so dangerous HWMNBN thought the only to contain him was to create the TVA, which can casually deal with IS like they're nothing, he probably has access to similar stuff in his prime
I need to watch Loki again, tbh I never finished it. I should probably read the comics as well.

So, what stops Kang shooting Scott from being a massive outlier since the difference between the wall level Scott is and the 9-A suggested is at least hundreds, likely thousands, of times higher than anything else he’s shown. Plus this puts him higher than anything she-hulk and the red guardian have showcased.

Also I believe those beams should be deconstruction, not ap, so Scott shouldn’t scale to it anyways. People don’t turn to vapor they are just ctrl Alt deleted by the beams (especially since they are turned into weird blue energy for a second before disappearing, instead of vapor). Edit: to clarify I don’t think Scott would get deconstruction resistant if it is deconstruction, I think Kang just chose not to use that feature.

Plus, if Kang can vary his beams power, which is why nobody would scale to his higher ap, why would his ap need to be 9-A when he hit Scott. His suit was heavily damage by the ants before he shot him (unless you guys are referring to a different scene than I’m thinking of, but then it goes back to the lasers having varying power and a wrecked suit being able to harm Scott).

Last edited:
So, what stops Kang shooting Scott from being a massive outlier since the difference between the wall level Scott is and the 9-A suggested is at least hundreds, likely thousands, of times higher than anything else he’s shown.
Scott shouldn’t scale to them anyways
If this does get treated as Deconstruction rather than AP, Scott still scales in a sense of "Resistance to Deconstruction". Which has this note at the bottom of the page, btw:
Note: Natural side effects from powers, such as Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, and other abilities that can produce enough energy output to destroy or dismantle objects, do not mean that characters automatically qualify for this ability, unless the abilities in question specifically and directly focus on deconstruction in itself, rather than as a consequence.
The calc I linked was just a suggestion using one that already exists under Reference for Common Feats, since that's the closest thing I found to what is shown in the movie
Plus, if Kang can vary his beams power, which is why nobody would scale to his higher ap, why would his ap need to be 9-A when he hit Scott
Because Scott should at the very least scale to the low-end AP value of Kang's energy blasts
His suit was heavily damage by the ants before he shot him
The first link that I gave is from a non-damaged Kang suit
Edit: to clarify I don’t think Scott would get deconstruction resistant if it is deconstruction, I think Kang just chose not to use that feature.
Headcanon

Last edited:
The Ultron bots currently scale to the 9-B end, and Scott never even fought those. (If it could be higher it should be calculated)

Plus that still doesn’t account for that dozens beyond dozens of examples of 9-Bs being just 9-B. Literally nobody but scott gets this high, but Scott is one of the physically weakest characters in the series. Also it’s ways higher than She-hulk and the Red Guardian, one of which is literally part hulk and the other being a super soldier.

The completely wreck suit still damaged him so it makes it extremely circular on whether Scott would scale to the functional suit.

By the logical of him using 9-A beams super causally, why won’t he just use the 6-B beam against Scott instead. He used it just fine when Scott was big. There is no evidence he hit him with the 9-A beam, since the beam can vary by millions of times we have no way of knowing the actual ap of the beam that hit Scott.

I’ve seen multiple characters get deconstruction for turning people into blue energy really similarly to how Kang’s does it (Ryu from street fight immediately coming to mind, his is just slower). They aren’t turned to vapor, they turn into a blue goopy explosion.

Scott never even fought those
He scales to characters who fought them (and have downscaling from 8-C+ characters, but let's ignore that)
Whose 9-A feat was done easily and scales way unquantifiably above Titania's 9-A feat
Red Guardian
Who's on-screen feats are mostly done when he was out-of-shape and not in his prime
why won’t he just use the 6-B beam against Scott instead
I'm pretty sure the 6-B attacks aren't the beams but his energy discharges. The energy shots from his hands are the ones that are 9-A

Scott was getting his butt kicked by black widow before he became small. Afterwards he was in position that would nigh impossible for her to properly fight him (he did overpower her arm, but he could put his full body into it versus her only having the one arm to try and push back, plus he was already in the much better position). He backscales from her and she’s already one of the more generically 9-B characters (like not weak at all, just not necessarily strong either).

It doesn’t matter if Red Guardian is past his prime. His past prime self is still stronger than the other 9-Bs, meaning his feats can absolutely make Scott’s feat an outlier.

She Hulk specifically has her own feats and non get close to Scott’s. Plus Titana would also be hilarious above Scott and she doesn’t get close to his feat either.

I don’t see why the discharge that hit Scott won’t technically just be the higher ap version of his hand beams. Both came out of the same spot on his hand (when it came to Scott, Kang can just dispel it out of his body), and are the same blue energy. It’s not like he has another special weapon, it’s the suit energy he uses for all his attacks.

Scott was getting his butt kicked by black widow before he became small. Afterwards he was in position that would nigh impossible for her to properly fight him (he did overpower her arm, but he could put his full body into it versus her only having the one arm to try and push back, plus he was already in the much better position). He backscales from her and she’s already one of the more generically 9-B characters (like not weak at all, just not necessarily strong either).
He still scales to characters that scale to Ultron Sentries that did a 9-B feat casually
It doesn’t matter if Red Guardian is past his prime. His past prime self is still stronger than the other 9-Bs
And got harmed by a Black Widow-level character, so other 9-Bs already scale to him. And his feats are still below the Ultron Sentry one that other 9-Bs scale to
She Hulk specifically has her own feats
That were not done using her full strength. That's the reason she has an "At least" rating

Last edited:
Back