• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another stomp probably: Another Fusion Boi vs. Discount Moon Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put it bluntly as I wanna eat before I post a veritable essay, I completely side with Gar here and my already high respect for him has increased further upon reading this thread.

Why thank you.

I'm currently Aceing a writing class in college so I should kinda know this :p

Obviously I very much agree with Gar. Power is a device for the story, it should never really be it's prime focus. Or rather it could be for sure, as is the case in a way for many of those Wushia, "gathering essence to reach a higher level of existence" novels even if in those there are many that use that premise just as a drive to tell the story and push events to happen, but if you intend to write a story with powers for power level and progression sake, it remains a rather poor choice and can only be called bad writing. Or at least that's how I see it.

This is coming from someone who's rated about hax countless times. Power should never be he main focus of the plot and most of the times, it's not. Because power or powers don't drive a story. It can further the plot sure, but you can't get anywhere off of "look what X can do!" alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back