• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another stomp probably: Another Fusion Boi vs. Discount Moon Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sailor Moon characters have stomped every matchup I've put them up against so far. Let's continue that lovely streak, shall we?

Eternal Sailor Moon vs. Gogeta (Super Saiyan Blue)

Specification(s):

1. Gogeta doesn't need a star seed & cannot unfuse during the battle

2. Speed is equalized

3. Battle location is the Artics where Broly's fight took place

5. Method of victory is K.O.

6. No preparation time

7. Standard Equipment

8. Verse Equalization (Dragon Ball in Gogeta's terms & Sailor Moon in Moon's terms)

9. No existence destroying shenanigans for either character.

Now go, my lovelies! Pick apart Gogeta & Moon!

Sailor Moon essentially has limitless stamina. Gogeta on the other hand...does not. Usagi also has transmutation and void manipulation, the latter power which was effective against a nonexistent being. Keep in mind, Eternal Sailor Moon hax stomped Ultra Instinct Goku. All Gogeta has over UI Goku is higher AP and extra attacks.

Doesn't Gogeta have resistance to Void Manipulation, AND is able to survive reality collapsing? Just because Moon hs these abilities doesn't mean she's gonna use them always, especially against someone zooming around like Gogeta. I also stated he couldn't run out of stamina (since he can't defuse).

Even if Gogeta has resistance to Void Manip, ESM's void manip bypasses it. Her void manip > Chaos who is a nonexistent being. She also has a lot more hax, too many hax abilities to overwhelm Gogeta with.

You'll need to find a character with lots of hax (Not passive) but doesn't have anything to fend against sheer AP (Like Resurrection) for it to be fair.

To be fair, Chaos is no longer a NExistent entity so this mention should be erased from her profile.

But her Void stuff Bypass Chaos's resistance (who literally lived 13,7 Billion of years in the Cauldron which instantly Erase you from existence). Her Void Manip is able to Erase star seed who resist to EE and even all the Senshi which already have a resistance to EE.

Okay, while I understand the Hax stuff, I'd like to share something else. This article (https://www.tuxedounmasked.com/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-sailor-moon-i-promise/) states the Senshi are no stronger than their human forms when transforming, only increasing their spiritual energy. This means that Moon may very well be obliterated by Gogeta. Besides, she can't aim her attacks if she can't see him as he speeds around, and one kick to the chest could likely kill her.

Schnee One said:
Why would that mean she would get obliterated?
As I said, she'd hardly be able to see him in order to aim her attack as he flies around everywhere, she'd be freezing her balls off (Senshi are weather immune), and since she's only as strong as a human if Gogeta just charged into her and kicked her he'd turn her anatomy into a liquid. If she can see him he can just Instant Transmission away of use a beam clash. If she flies away he can just knkck her down and Stardust Fall her face in.

Speed is Equalized though, no reason she can't see him flying.

Nothing states she's as strong as a human. Just that her civilian form is as strong as her senshi form.

Also, she has Type 8, killing her is impossible for him.

Schnee One said:
Speed is Equalized though, no reason she can't see him flying.
Nothing states she's as strong as a human. Just that her civilian form is as strong as her senshi form.

Also, she has Type 8, killing her is impossible for him.
He doesn't need to destroy her Sailor Crystal to win (method of victory is K.O.). Besides, say she used Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss, her stance would obviously alert Gogeta, and since Moon isn't moving he could fly away with Instant Transmission or counter wih a quick Kamehameha or something. He could even use Solar Flare to blind her and lay the smackdown of a lifetime with Stardust Breaker.

What stops her from dodging it and transmuting him?

Plus, she can erase him with a thought, no need for any of that

Kamehameha would destroy her due to its AP, so she comes back fine

She doesn't know what Solar Flare is, and would likely be caught by surprise. (How can she erase him with a thought again, has she trained with Shaggy?)

Sirius Apex said:
She doesn't know what Solar Flare is, and would likely be caught by surprise. (How can she erase him with a thought again, has she trained with Shaggy?)
Also he can stun her with a Kiai.

As I said, she'd hardly be able to see him in order to aim her attack as he flies around everywhere, she'd be freezing her balls off (Senshi are weather immune), and since she's only as strong as a human if Gogeta just charged into her and kicked her he'd turn her anatomy into a liquid. If she can see him he can just Instant Transmission away of use a beam clash. If she flies away he can just knkck her down and Stardust Fall her face in.

>She'd hardly be able to see him in order to aim her attack.

Moon has infinite speed, just saying.

The Causality said:
To be fair, Chaos is no longer a NExistent entity so this mention should be erased from her profile.

But her Void stuff Bypass Chaos's resistance (who literally lived 13,7 Billion of years in the Cauldron which instantly Erase you from existence). Her Void Manip is able to Erase star seed who resist to EE and even all the Senshi which already have a resistance to EE.
Did you read this^ at all?

So she can look around at the speed of light? If Gogeta sees her he can Instant Transmission behinds her with an attack and Omae was Mo Shibdwru her with his toughest blow.

Dude.......

She has Massively Faster then Light speeds as far back as 7A

Of course she can see at the speed of light

Killing her won't work. Again

Sirius Apex said:
So she can look around at the speed of light? If Gogeta sees her he can Instant Transmission behinds her with an attack and Omae was Mo Shibdwru her with his toughest blow.
She can look around at infinite speeds, which is infinitely faster than Gogeta's speed.

I must concede, I can't come up with any more defense. This series is really good at making it's power look like it isn't there.

Schnee One said:
That's called "good writing" when power isn't a focus of it
How is making your series look weaker than it actually is "Good writing"? If anything, it's bad writing since it's terribly conveying how actually powerful the characters SHOULD be, power focus or not.

How is making your series look weaker than it actually is "Good writing"? If anything, it's bad writing since it's terribly conveying how actually powerful the characters SHOULD be, power focus or not.

Who are you to say how powerful characters "should" be? Cole Macgrath doesn't look Large Island Level at a glance. Steven Universe doesn't look Mountain Level at a glance. Because power levels don't matter to the story. Fighting isn't the point and I doubt the characters creators even think of these characters as being as strong as we rate them in the first place. How powerful characters "should" be only goes as far as internal consistency. If certain characters need to be stronger than others in the story, then they're depicted as such, how they compare to people out of verse doesn't matter. Just demonstrating where characters stand in comparison to others in the story is enough because that's all the story is about.

The Wright Way said:
Who are you to say how powerful characters "should" be? Cole Macgrath doesn't look Large Island Level at a glance. Steven Universe doesn't look Mountain Level at a glance. Because power levels don't matter to the story. Fighting isn't the point and I doubt the character's creators even think of these characters as being as strong as we rate them in the first place. How powerful characters "should"only be goes as far as internal consistency. If certain characters need to be stronger than others in the story, then they're depicted as such, how they compare to people out of verse doesn't matter. Just demonstrating where characters stand in comparison to others in the story is enough because that's all the story is about.
Ehh, it depends on what kind of story is being written, honestly.

The Wright Way said:
Who are you to say how powerful characters "should" be? Cole Macgrath doesn't look Large Island Level at a glance. Steven Universe doesn't look Mountain Level at a glance. Because power levels don't matter to the story. Fighting isn't the point and I doubt the characters creators even think of these characters as being as strong as we rate them in the first place. How powerful characters "should" be only goes as far as internal consistency. If certain characters need to be stronger than others in the story, then they're depicted as such, how they compare to people out of verse doesn't matter. Just demonstrating where characters stand in comparison to others in the story is enough because that's all the story is about.
This doesn't contradict what I said at all. What? I didn't dictate anything. If the story dictates that the character should be, say, Star Level and yet still gets downed by barely City-Level attacks, that's bad writing. If a character should be into the UNIVERSAL levels of power, they shouldn't be downed by an attack that is conveyed to be barely planet level. This is why people always say Dragon Ball is terribly written; characters repeatedly gets punked by attacks much weaker than they should be and was only rectified by "Ki Control" statements in interviews later.

You talk about inconsistencies and internal consistencies, but then go ahead and say "It doesn't matter because the focus isn't on the fighting". What? How is a consistently-portrayed Mountain Buster being smacked around by barely building-level attacks? How in the world is that good writing? If a character is around a level, they should be portrayed at around that level.

Cole isn't a good example for this since he's a gameplay character; he has to be balanced. In-Lore he's consistently shown feats WAY above what gameplay entails simply because of balance, not a case of bad writing or inconsistent portrayal.

Because power should never under any circumstances be the focus in a story

It isn't bad writing because the OP is apparently too blind to see a feat or statement in the story and doesn't have the memory to recall feats

It isn't "Terribly conveying" you just have to actually pay attention.

Schnee One said:
Because power should never under any circumstances be the focus in a story
It isn't bad writing because the OP is apparently too blind to see a feat or statement in the story and doesn't have the memory to recall feats

It isn't "Terribly conveying" you just have to actually pay attention.

So just because power is not a focus, it means that an inconsistency of how powerful a character is will be automatically forgiven? Again, how is this good writing? Roshi at max power being Moon Level yet King Piccolo, his superior, is city level at max power? Are we going to ignore this inconsistency as well since the story is more focused on the Dynamic between Kami and King Piccolo?

I'm replying to your

"Sirius Apex

I must concede, I can't come up with any more defense. This series is really good at making it's power look like it isn't there.

Schnee One

That's called "good writing" when power isn't a focus of it"

Making your characters look like they're weaker than they actually are isn't a case of "Good Writing", power focus or not.

>Wright asks not to quote large bits of text.

>Ak decides to quote a rather long post just after.

The pain. Anyway yeah, this stomp can be closed.

Akreious said:
I'm replying to your

"Sirius Apex

Schnee One

That's called "good writing" when power isn't a focus of it"

Making your characters look like they're weaker than they actually are isn't a case of "Good Writing", power focus or not.
What you're talking about seems to be outliers, in which case, yeah, it's bad writing. I misunderstood your point. I was more on about how not every lightsaber swing in Star Wars needs to bust planets.

I think you misunderstood what I said, perhaps I could have worded it clearer

Power isn't a focus in Sailor Moon, there's a few feats that are blatant and certain strong abilities in it that just happen to make the series powerful

They are not purposely trying to make the characters as strong as possible, which is obviously the case In super

In SM you get the "We need to erase this person's soul to kill them" or the occasionally planet busting feat, but that is it, we get blatant feats that are there, you just have to pay attention

It isn't terrible writing because the OP doesn't pay attention to certain things in the series

DBZ, was great, Goku's development was great, power wasn't just something there that the characters can do, it was something the characters strived for. As is SM.

Goku's development and growth and certain development for characters was the focus, not their strength.

Goku in Super? Has basically zero growth as a character.

If a series throws in a feat but focuses entirely on story or character, that's the textbook definition of good writing, which is most arcs of DBZ (Including the Buu arc, yes I liked it) and most of SM barring the filler arcs

DBZ and SM be like: "Hey, this character is strong enough to do this, but that's not the point of his/her character"

DBS be like: "Ignore the character, look at how strong they are"

Oooh I really wanna join this convo. I have a lot to say here. But as much as I don't wanna say it this time...it's derailing. Y'all should continue on a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back