• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swirling lights dimension DBS Brolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were talking about the translated DBS Brolly novel and I want an answer on this

I'm a bit mixed on whether this is actually another dimension. Reading the translation it sounds like their clashing caused them to fight inside the cracked dimensional wall of reality rather than entering an entirely new dimension. What I'm most curious about is the part where it says Broly's aura was breaking down dimensions plural.

Overall to me, it sounds like Gogeta and Broly's fighting was actually breaking down the entire dimension and they fought between walls of the dimension rather than them fighting in some entirely new spacetime.

The question is, what does this actually mean? If they are literally breaking down the entire dimension then...what even is the dimension? Reading the VS Wiki's definition it's stated that our multiverse would be composed of 11 dimensions with time being the 4th dimension and Tier 2 feats are 4th-dimensional destruction.

Given that a 'dimension' apparently relates to EVERY universe and it's stated here that Gogeta and Broly were breaking down the dimensions, I feel like this could be argument for Gogeta and Broly breaking down the entire multiverse? So either the 12 Macrocosms in existence or possibly even collapsing every timeline in DB (Which would be 2-B).

What does everyone else think? How should breaking down dimensions be here? How would the wiki standards accept it? To me it sounds like this could be a valid argument for them destroying the dimensions making up the multiverse.

Question Credit

Hermes described something similar to his

I only have the J Books version (which I believe is different from the novelization), but in this version it describes the dimensional boundary as being unable to withstand their energy and splitting asunder.

Last edited:
The official scientific definition of a Dimension is an axis of movement, such as height, length, and width.

For example, a point is 0-dimensional, a line is 1-dimensional, a plane is 2-dimensional, a cube is 3-dimensional, etc.

Time is generally considered to be the fourth dimension.

According to M-theory our multiverse is composed of 11 dimensions. According to Bosonic string theory there are 26 of them. And there are an infinite amount of dimensions within a Hilbert space.

Important note:

Within this wiki it is not acceptable, and considered confusing, to use the term for anything other than spatial and temporal dimensions.

This includes inappropriately using it for universes, pocket universes, realms, worlds, or realities, etcetera.

Unfortunately, it is common within fiction, particularly North American superhero comicbooks, to misuse the term in such contexts.

Essentially what we need to know is what interpretation this feat falls under:
  • An entirely new spacetime that they slipped into (dimension as in different spacetime)
  • Ending up between spacetimes/dimensions (via breaking dimensional walls)
  • Risking the destruction of entire dimensions (As in the four dimensions making up reality)
What definition of 'dimension' should be applied here via the wiki standards? And what would that interpretation mean featwise? For example would the third option (destroying the four dimensions) impact the entire multiverse? Or just the universe it happens in?

Yeah no, we are not equating this to M-Theory, String Theory ect. And it is a massive stretch to assume "All timeline" were being effected. I am very positive that it is well below Zeno's most stated feat and destroying Universes 1-18 is like the "At Most" which was agreed to be the equivalent of 54 universes? And even then, I still think it's a bit of a stretch to assume the entire Brane Macrocosm as opposed to just Universe 7. I'd say it be on par with what we eventually decided to do with Toei Buu's Vice Shout, but I do think this might be consistent with the 2-C feats we already have perhaps.

Yeah no, we are not equating this to M-Theory, String Theory ect. And it is a massive stretch to assume "All timeline" were being effected. I am very positive that it is well below Zeno's most stated feat and destroying Universes 1-18 is like the "At Most" which was agreed to be the equivalent of 54 universes? And even then, I still think it's a bit of a stretch to assume the entire Brane Macrocosm as opposed to just Universe 7. I'd say it be on par with what we eventually decided to do with Toei Buu's Vice Shout, but I do think this might be consistent with the 2-C feats we already have perhaps.
Well, can we assume that the dimension of the swirling lights is a different spacetime the size of the Universe? I don't really know anything about dimensions, but couldn't this feat be a decent justification for the universe to be even more 2-C?

Yeah unless it's clarified that this is the cracks/walls between all dimensions, then at most this is more akin to Buuhan's Vice Shout feat (we actually visually see the walls in person). So basically more of a support for 2-C.
According to the DB website, we have this mention of this dimension as well, which is out of reality.

The above-mentioned battleground that could only be made with CG will be a highlight of the movie (they say). It's a type of place that doesn’t exist in reality, like an alternate dimension, and they created it with the software Unity.

Well, I'd assume the people in this interview would have had enough oversight to have an idea of what the dimension even is. So if they comment it's 'like an alternate dimension' then it shouldn't relate to String Theory or M-Theory.

Okay, so could we treat this as an additional spacetime for the U7 macrocosm then? When Broly goes full power it's even stated that dimensions (plural) were being destroyed by his aura alone.

Yeah I guess the wall/crack between dimensions could possibly be considered a fourth space time within the Macrocosm.

So there's the living/mortal world, the otherworld, the realm of the Kais, and the Crack/Wall between dimensions? Is that what it's name would be?

Yeah I guess the wall/crack between dimensions could possibly be considered a fourth space time within the Macrocosm.

So there's the living/mortal world, the otherworld, the realm of the Kais, and the Crack/Wall between dimensions? Is that what it's name would be?
I believe so, but we have to wait for more people who understand the subject, for this to be debated until we find a decent solution for the dimension of the swirling lights.

Yeah it's a bit weird. We know going off of the translation that the DoSL (Dimension of Swirling Lights) likely doesn't share the same space time as the Living/Mortal World, but it's hard to ascertain if it would qualify as it's own Low 2-C structure.

If the DoSL is the same thing as the walls between dimensions that was mentioned during Buuhan's Vice Shout, then that would make it a dimension with 2-C (3 universes) durability.

Yeah it's a bit weird. We know going off of the translation that the DoSL (Dimension of Swirling Lights) likely doesn't share the same space time as the Living/Mortal World, but it's hard to ascertain if it would qualify as it's own Low 2-C structure.

If the DoSL is the same as the walls between dimensions that was mentioned during Buuhan's Vice Shout, then that would make it a dimension with 2-C (3 universes) durability.
Exactly, we have to find a solution for this, in the same translation it states that Gogeta and Broly distorted space-time to enter there, which means that this barrier is separated from space and time of the macrocosm of the universe

If they were smashing eachother into dimensional walls in a crack between spacetime and their auras could break down the dimensional walls that have an unquantifiable distance then could that be used for speed?

If they were smashing eachother into dimensional walls in a crack between spacetime and their auras could break down the dimensional walls that have an unquantifiable distance then could that be used for speed?
Good question, if Ultima had it here I believe he would answer that it could give infinite or immeasurable speed.

No that couldn't be used for speed, unqauntifiable distance means the speed needed is unknown and fighting "between spacetime" also doesn't give anything either

Why are the Japanese so vague with this shit? I can't tell if our standards are bad or the Japanese language is goofy ahh 💀

Like western verses are always clear like they deadass read our standards and copy it word for word.
DB when it comes to the multiverse many things are complex and unexplained

I'd like to throw this imgur album here.

Essentially it's a 4D structure.

What do you think about it?

In the translation it says that gogeta and broly are affecting dimensions, that should be a feat I think.

My guy it doesn’t mean Gogeta is a HDE it just means the realm they broke into would be 4D also dont you have the scan where they went to a place that transcended space time?
I have it here

Gogeta is

It's the combination of Goku and Vegeta that created the mightiest warriors to face the legendary Saiyan Broly, and as the battle progresses, the universe chooses them for a dimension beyond the light of space-time. Gogeta finally removes Broly. Vamp-like speed with the power of the Dragon Balls

I have it here

Gogeta is

It's the combination of Goku and Vegeta that created the mightiest warriors to face the legendary Saiyan Prolly, and as the battle progresses, the universe chooses them for a dimension beyond the light of space-time. Gogeta finally removes Broly. Vamp-like speed with the power of the Dragon Balls

Didnt we discuss that this was probably fake already? Like where is this exactly from?

Well the only thing holding the verse back is terminology. Like CoT isn't 5D because it doesn't have the terminology along with some only other mundane semantic shit. It took years for U7 to get to 2C because everyone was arguing over terminology.
True, we spent most of it trying to update the verse to 2-C

If it was described that they were breaking down "dimensions" in plural. That pretty much confirms it is a separate spacetime beyond the living universe, it could possibly be infinite in size, holding infinite dimensions inside of it (hypothetically). I know it may seem like wank, but pretty much every other spacetime in the macrocosm of wherever that dimension is, is infinite in size.

Last edited:
This dimension has no stated size, it has to be universal or else it’s just a minor space time manip feat, which is exactly why this feat wasn’t considered low 2-C by itself, let‘s not pretend this thread hasn’t been made before and rejected by multiple staff when attempting to upgrade manga DBS to Low 2-C ( before 2-C was ever a thing)

We have no reason to assume it is one of the dimensions that belong to a single macrocosm proper as we have hard statements spearating certain spacetimes from the rest of the universe, guides have both RoSAT and Sugoroku spaces exist independent of the macrocosm, DBS manga confirms this notion by having Freeza be unaffected by universe spanning wishes just because he was inside of a RoSAT at the time.

This dimension has no stated size, it has to be universal or else it’s just a minor space time manip feat, which is exactly why this feat wasn’t considered low 2-C by itself, let‘s not pretend this thread hasn’t been made before and rejected by multiple staff when attempting to upgrade manga DBS to Low 2-C ( before 2-C was ever a thing)

We have no reason to assume it is one of the dimensions that belong to a single macrocosm proper as we have hard statements spearating certain spacetimes from the rest of the universe, guides have both RoSAT and Sugoroku spaces exist independent of the macrocosm, DBS manga confirms this notion by having Freeza be unaffected by universe spanning wishes just because he was inside of a RoSAT at the time.
Wasn’t this debunked in the second cosmology crt? i don’t even know where you got sugoroku space being independent of the universe from but RoSaT was debunked in the second cosmology revision although I agree with you on the size part but you could argue

and most importantly, at least one of those individual worlds/dimensions has shown enough evidence to consider them a Universe level+ sized spacetime continuum, then the conclusion is to consider all of those individual worlds/dimensions universes and that the entire collection is a multiverse. (From our universe standards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back