• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Black Swordsman fight...

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
...But this time the worse character has the better stats!

Kirito

vs

Guts

Rules:

• Ordinal Scale VR Kirito (When he has his SAO outfit on) vs Black Swordsman Guts (He can put on his Berserker Armor at any time). Aka 8-B with virtually some variety vs 8-B with some hax.
  • Speed equalized.
  • In-character.
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.
  • The combatants start about five to ten meters away from each other.
Music:

Neutral Battle Music

Kirito's Battle Music

Guts' Battle Music

Score:

Kirito: 1

Guts: 1

Inconclusive: 0

Kirito memory defrag render by tsadeek-dbovucq
Guts-0

I don't know if Guts' some hax are enough considering that Kirito oneshots pretty hard I believe. If he tries to pull the Berserker Armor Immediately he might not immediately die but then there goes the Hax.

>Can attack the soul

Isn't this just Ghost killing though? I know his sword cuts metaphysically with how much demon blood it's been bathed in, but I don't think it soul haxes.

.... Actually I don't really see anything on Guts' page that is hax at all.

He has Regenerationn negation via attacking the soul, but it doesn't ignore durability or anything.

His sword cuts on both the physical and astral (spiritual) planes, and any wound he leaves on your soul won't heal in the physical world.

He's also ridiculously experienced and used to fighting against things that can one-shot him though.

I feel like every SAO profile barring Kirito could be deleted and no one would notice.

I edited all of the profiles and created some as well, so I don't think I wouldn't notice, lol.

Guts soul hax is not the sort of soulhax that instakills people. Think of it like Gorechild, in that it mainly serves to negate regenerative abilities. If guts can damage Kirito, he should out skill by quite a lot.

Monarch Laciel said:
Ah

What kind of things that can one shot him though? Like, what AP? And if they did one shot him, how did he actually kill them?

AP unknown but "enough to incapacitate him instantly with a direct hit"

As for how he killed them, skill and ingenuity.

Kirito's scaling leads to a calc that just says generic 8-A, so we should probably assume he's baseline here.

In the comments, the low end is 156.7 Tons and the high end is 276.59 Tons.

That is going up against Guts' 45.897 ton dura

... so yeah I don't know if instant incapacitation really stacks up entirely, but one thing's for sure Kirito isn't exactly a mindless demon like what I presume Guts faced, so he'll have to go into a pretty tense fight.

oh

this is what happens when you don't actually read Berserk cause you think it's abit too graphic with you know the rapey stuff

There's also beating 100 trained soldiers at once when he was tier 9, even though he was heavily injured by the end of it. He's also really good with quick thinking and coming up with plans and strategies on the fly, and has shown to be a really good swordsman who doesn't just rely on it's sheer mass, as shown by how he outdid serpico in an environment specifically chosen to gimp him by not allowing his wide angle swings, while serpico was using a rapier.

If guta can hurt Kirito, I'd have to give it to him.

I give it to Guts, The Berserker Armor is pretty broken, even if the AP gap is huge

... Broken when your opponent isn't someone you definetly need your sanity to beat and can easily break every bone in your body and spill every bit of blood via sheer AP

Also, not sure Guts can even Hurt Kirito with that gap.

Attacking the soul isn't insta-kill here, though it negates Kirito's hax.

From what I can tell, Guts' hax don't overcome Kirito's AP advantage. Going with Kirito. Basically, Guts negates Kirito's AP, and can resist pain but not damage. Granted, it lets him keep going in certain scenarios, but he lacks pretty much any hax aside from that.

So yeah. Kirito wins. I think Guts can harm him, but Kirito beats him down.

He should be able to, but that just means it comes down to an AP advantage, which Kirito has.

RIP Guts. Lost to a nerd.

Guts should massively outskill kirito. If he can do meaningful damage, I don't really see Kirito can beat out that advantage, especially with the berserker armor. If he can't meaningfully damage kirito, it's a stomp.

@Wok That's a fair point. If Guts can't actually harm Kirito, there's really not anything he can do to him, which would make this a stomp

Guts is skilled but not to such a degree that he's monstrously above Kirito, who was better than the other players of SAO by a huge margin.

@Monarch If it helps I'd vote for Guts in that one

We currently have a fight with an 8-B beating a upper-end Tier 7 (DIO vs All Might) by outspeeding him and landing tons of hits. I don't see why Guts wouldn't be able to harm Kirito, I just fail to see his lesser AP overcoming Kirito's, even with his advantages of pain negation and stuff.

Dio has stuff to negate durability. Guts doesn't.

Still. The AP gap isn't so large that Guts can't harm Kirito at all. Just not enough to win.

Mr. Bambu said:
We currently have a fight with an 8-B beating a upper-end Tier 7 (DIO vs All Might) by outspeeding him and landing tons of hits.
That's not why Dio's winning. Dio physically cannot harm All Might. The reason he can win is because freezing ignores durability. Guts has nothing that ignores dura

Just a reference lol @Monarch

But yeah, I don't see why Guts wouldn't be able to harm Kirito, just not utterly obliterate him.

@Weekly Make it, I'll vote.

Mr. Bambu said:
Just a reference lol @Monarch

But yeah, I don't see why Guts wouldn't be able to harm Kirito, just not utterly obliterate him.

@Weekly Make it, I'll vote.
Kirito is over 5 times sttonger. That's the base line for stomping with AP.

Thought it was 10x? Do we actually have guidelines on that? The One-Shot page has nothing on specifics.

If you find some official thing saying that I'll believe you, I've only ever heard 10x. If its like a blog or something that'd make sense, I guess. That makes fights for things like 4-B or High 4-C and stuff nearly impossible though.

Ah. Then yeah I don't think 5x makes it a stomp.

Kirito gets my vote, I will now go back to feat-scumming Dead Cells.

>Sees match

>Is not Black Samurai

>Remember that he is most likely getting upgraded to 6-C

>Says oof at the thought that pretty you pretty much knows no one at that tier.

That said, Kirito bitchslaps Guts for the AP advantage and I dont see his gax working on Kirito

4-B is a very haxxed tier, and durability negation is pretty common. 4-C is actually tiny. I'm pretty sure 5x is generally considered the gap to instakill, some characters are just more durable then they are strong.

Back