• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darcy (Amphibia) VS Berserker Armor Guts

The black armor takes control of the original wearers.
Rule:
1. The Core is in Darcy key and is stuck to 8-A. Guts is in his Black Swordsman key and starts with his Berserker Armor activated (8-A, higher with Berserker Armor).
2. Speed is equalized.
3. The battle takes place inside the castle where Sasha and Grime against Darcy. Otherwise SBA. (Meaning no outside help)

Vote:
Darcy (Amphibia): 0
Berserker Armor Guts: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
What does Darcy have against Gut's inherent spiritual damage sword?
The soul damage won't really matter in this fight as Darcy doesn't have regeneration but I guess it would be able to kill the Core if it counts as a soul that inhabits her body.

The soul damage won't really matter in this fight as Darcy doesn't have regeneration but I guess it would be able to kill the Core if it counts as a soul that inhabits her body.
Iirc, the Core is not a "soul". It's the minds of the past rulers of Amphibia downloaded into one computer, so the souls were not included.

There's two states where it's active, one where it gets activated unwillingly and he's bloodlusted, and the other were it's active yet he's cognizant. The OP did not specify, only saying that it's "active".

How skilled is this thing, being able to make robots and having booksmarts doesn't inherently help in a fight. Regardless of Guts' cognitive state, he's skilled either way, he just stops giving a **** about his own wellbeing and others while running wild.

The Core doesn't have any crazy anime combat feats exactly, but it does hold the knowledge of centuries worth of tyrannical leaders which Andrias describes as conquerers across the multiverse. This Core saw Marcy's intelligence as worthy enough to assimilate into it's collective and make a host. She was making quick work of the US military and took on Sasha directly in combat with her scythe, who was the military leader of the Toads for months, successfully staging a coup on the newts' empire, and was the leader of the Resistance against Andrias's army for a while. She should scale above General Yunan who was noted as the "scourge of the Sand Wars" and was the youngest newt to ever achieve the rank of general since Sasha beat her and Darcy was kicking Sasha's ass, the latter needing a rage boost in order to keep up. Sasha can also dodge attacks effortlessly from Yunan while dancing and with her eyes closed. The Core also has technology that can create illusions of people's worst fears and Darcy uses this to fake people out in combat. I dunno how well this would work against Guts though since I don't think he's really... "all there" in this state? Idk. I haven't read Berserk.

Wow. Darcy's intelligence section is barebones. Why isn't any of this, and her analytical prediction there?

The Core doesn't have any crazy anime combat feats exactly, but it does hold the knowledge of centuries worth of tyrannical leaders which Andrias describes as conquerers across the multiverse.

Means nothing without context, most "conquerors" never even fight, and how they do it is kind of important.
This Core saw Marcy's intelligence as worthy enough to assimilate into it's collective and make a host. She was making quick work of the US military and took on Sasha directly in combat with her scythe, who was the military leader of the Toads for months, successfully staging a coup on the newts' empire, and was the leader of the Resistance against Andrias's army for a while.

This honestly comes off as a big red flag imo, if feats like that were noteworthy enough to add her, that doesn't say much for the others.

And how's that even come into play? She was making quick work of the miliary, but how exactly? Strategy? That's good bu that desn't inherently scale to direct combat skill. Beating them up? I mean she's like tier 8, I'd hope she could.
Being a military leader doesn't mean anything for skill, and staging a coup is pretty blatantly not combat skill but rather tactics.

She should scale above General Yunan who was noted as the "scourge of the Sand Wars" and was the youngest newt to ever achieve the rank of general since Sasha beat her and Darcy was kicking Sasha's ass, the latter needing a rage boost in order to keep up. Sasha can also dodge attacks effortlessly from Yunan while dancing and with her eyes closed.
This is a notable feat, but Guts has done the same in a far, far, less skilled state. Against those above himself. (Guts is CONSTANTLY fighting those who he has huge stat disadvantages against).
The Core also has technology that can create illusions of people's worst fears and Darcy uses this to fake people out in combat. I dunno how well this would work against Guts though since I don't think he's really... "all there" in this state? Idk. I haven't read Berserk.
It wouldn't at all, in this state he simply doesn't give a **** about anything, and even his allies become potential victims, Guts' worst' fear is unironically something he himself might do in this state.

Idk man, it seems she has a lot of combat strategy ig, and a decent feat, but Guts has been training since infancy, fighting in wars since childhood (became a legendary war hero because he kicked so much ass as the hawk battle leader), can fight thousands of things at the same time, engage in combat, and fight dudes who fought in countless wars and hadn't even been wounded in centuries on equal footing despite being actively weaker, fight numerous uncanny superhuman assassins using techniques he's never seen while at a disadvantage, etc. Guts is very, very, skilled, and he doesn't just lose that innate skill in this state, he just simply stops caring about anything except killing his foe, but he doesn't become dumb either, he just fights unhinged with unbridled bloodlust.

This honestly comes off as a big red flag imo, if feats like that were noteworthy enough to add her, that doesn't say much for the others.

And how's that even come into play? She was making quick work of the miliary, but how exactly? Strategy? That's good bu that desn't inherently scale to direct combat skill. Beating them up? I mean she's like tier 8, I'd hope she could.
Being a military leader doesn't mean anything for skill, and staging a coup is pretty blatantly not combat skill but rather tactics.
The Core essentially just valued Marcy’s tactical mind. In Andrias’s thousand years of living, she was the only one who could beat him at a chess-adjacent game. She was essentially beating the military with her tech and weaponry as if it were a game of Starcraft or Fire Emblem. If Darcy was fighting from a distance, ig that’d be notable.
Idk man, it seems she has a lot of combat strategy ig, and a decent feat, but Guts has been training since infancy, fighting in wars since childhood (became a legendary war hero because he kicked so much ass as the hawk battle leader), can fight thousands of things at the same time, engage in combat, and fight dudes who fought in countless wars and hadn't even been wounded in centuries on equal footing despite being actively weaker, fight numerous uncanny superhuman assassins using techniques he's never seen while at a disadvantage, etc. Guts is very, very, skilled, and he doesn't just lose that innate skill in this state, he just simply stops caring about anything except killing his foe, but he doesn't become dumb either, he just fights unhinged with unbridled bloodlust.
Yeah, tbh I don’t really know why Darcy was put up against Guts since he’s… like a skill god, and she was only in like one physical fight against Sasha. Granted she won that fight until Sasha cut her wire.

Oh yeah, if Guts just cuts Darcy’s wire connecting her to the Core, she’s just dead. So it just seems kinda stompy to me tbh.

The Core essentially just valued Marcy’s tactical mind. In Andrias’s thousand years of living, she was the only one who could beat him at a chess-adjacent game. She was essentially beating the military with her tech and weaponry as if it were a game of Starcraft or Fire Emblem. If Darcy was fighting from a distance, ig that’d be notable.
That isn't combat skill though? And if her tech is extremely powerful, I'd HOPE it could beat the military.

Guts does have a lack of range, he only has some mini bombs, crossbolts, and a one-shot cannon. The first two not exactly something he uses while dashing around like mad thou.
Yeah, tbh I don’t really know why Darcy was put up against Guts since he’s… like a skill god, and she was only in like one physical fight against Sasha. Granted she won that fight until Sasha cut her wire.
Idk if I'd call him a skill God, but he has a LOT of experience and is good at adapting and just straight fighting, I'd say high skill. Also making use of blindspots and the environment. He did beat Serpico tho while Serp had prep and made the fight take place in locations that massively handicapped Guts so idk and then there's Grunbeld too ig.
Oh yeah, if Guts just cuts Darcy’s wire connecting her to the Core, she’s just dead. So it just seems kinda stompy to me tbh.
Idk if he'd do that unless it's obvious? He retains his skill, but he DOESN'T really lay out complex plans like he usually does, it just goes all in, and maybe uses his enviroment and items to get in better.

That isn't combat skill though? And if her tech is extremely powerful, I'd HOPE it could beat the military.
It isn’t. I know I sound really stupid by saying that, but I wanted to clarify what The Core saw in Marcy.
Idk if I'd call him a skill God, but he has a LOT of experience and is good at adapting and just straight fighting, I'd say high skill. Also making use of blindspots and the environment. He did beat Serpico tho while Serp had prep and made the fight take place in locations that massively handicapped Guts so idk and then there's Grunbeld too ig.
Yeah, but compared to Darcy, that’s like comparing a well-trained soldier to Captain America. Amphibia has none of the specific detail of a manga like Berserk and her sceen time is limited enough that we don’t even know what she can do in combat aside from just one scene.
Idk if he'd do that unless it's obvious? He retains his skill, but he DOESN'T really lay out complex plans like he usually does, it just goes all in, and maybe uses his enviroment and items to get in better.
It is. It is really obvious. It’s one big wire connected to her back.

Yeah, but compared to Darcy, that’s like comparing a well-trained soldier to Captain America. Amphibia has none of the specific detail of a manga like Berserk and her sceen time is limited enough that we don’t even know what she can do in combat aside from just one scene.
that's fair, i dont even know what verse this is tbh
It is. It is really obvious. It’s one big wire connected to her back.
then it's probably getting blown to shit when he uses his one-time cannon blast

Back