• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aniz Ooal Gown vs Jibril

Jibril thinks and Aniz dies just as much due to pure AP gap.

True but she has to think form the projectile and that projectile has to hit ainz, contrarily ainz thinks death and she drops. Even assuming her attack hits ainz in the same instant ainz thinks death they both die and ainz ressurects....

DontTalkDT said:
Jibril thinks and Aniz dies just as much due to pure AP gap.
She has to manually throw a projectile. Ainz just thinks and GG.

Her AoE is large enough that it is actually irrelevant whether she hits.

Resurrection is fair, I guess. Unless it requires that the resurrection item isn't broken to work, as Jibrils attack would decimate it.

She still needs to form the projectile and hit/move it close to ainz while ainz literally has to just think silent magic death. Its based on his ring, which might break in this scenario now that you mention though its worth noting magic equipment in overlord doesn't seem to break unless you use sundering magic or greater break item spells. (Also revivication items main point are to break on use...)

If we're getting real technical he can still be revived in nazerick by his subordinates but thats a loss via bfr I assume.

Doesn't Ainz like to open with grasp heart more? Also, I don't think Jibril per se has to move to do a blast. She usually does, but so does Ainz.

Nope in the light novels hes opened with grasp heart twice, he's opened with time stop thrice delay magic true death once, and he's opened with silent magic death four times. If we're going by what he goes for in character against unknown silent magic death is the most consistent.

AInz is always a bit weird to judge in these scenarios I admit, he's never been in a fight in overlord where he didn't have time to observe/learn about his opponent in advanced...

Honestly Ill bring it up in the general discussion thread after the forum move, (trying to avoid doing to much till things are moved/settled down) its definitly something that would be helpful thanks for the idea!

I will acknolwege ainz could open with a move that gets him killed here but if he opens with silent magic death or timestop Im pretty confident he wins this. Both those moves are very in character for him and jibril doesn't have much in the way to counter either.

This isn't really fair. Ainz Hax stomps Jibril so thoroughly it's not even funny. If they both somehow attack at the same time and both die, though, what with the sheer AP gap, I doubt Ainz's body, and items would survive the attack. I'm positive he needs that one ring on his finger to instantly resurrect. Otherwise, he'd most likely have to cast a spell that will allow him to come back at the start of the battle. That said, Ainz has the trusty Time Stop into Delayed Magic: True Death.

I vote Ainz if this isn't a stomp, but at the same tiiiime, I call this a stomp for Ainz.

Semi agree though I should mention ainz would likely ressurected in nazerick by his subordinates but that'd still be a loss for ainz as he'd be removed from the battle (also it violates the whole no outside assistance rule)

This is high ap vs hax and as with most cases like this Im leaning towards a stomp. Several of ainz in character moves and behaviors will lead him to victory, while his opponent just has to hope he uses the wrong combination of moves to allow her to win. (Also question can jibril react to her own projectiles in verse?)

Pretty sure they both think to activate their spells at the same time, a ball of compressed magic appears as Jibril dies and then her magic explodes killing Ainz and destroying his resurrection ring before he can teleport away.

I'm voting incon.

Blahblah9755 said:
Pretty sure they both think to activate their spells at the same time, a ball of compressed magic appears as Jibril dies and then her magic explodes killing Ainz and destroying his resurrection ring before he can teleport away.
I'm voting incon.
It really comes down to what Ainz uses first. If he time stops from the beginning, then the fight is his. He walks up, Delayed Magic: True Death, and Jibril immediately drops dead when time starts moving again. If they do kill each other instantly from the start, assuming that Jibril's offensive spells simply happen when she thinks them, which doesn't seem to be the case, but I dunno much about NGNL. Does she just think and things blow up, or does she manifest magic energy and then project it? If it's the former then I would vote incon, if it's the latter, she dies before she has a chance to fire anything off.

From what I understand/remember, she thinks and a ball of condensed magic energy manifests. She would normally then fire and detonate it, but in this case when she's killed it should still just blow up due to being a massive ball of pressure.

She can react to her projectiles, not sure if she can react to their explosions.

Now that I think about it, if Ainz time stops he wins, cause he sees the giant ball of condensed magic, sets up true death and teleports away, if not, it's mutual destruction. So if he's more likely to start with true death, incon, if he's more likely to start with time stop, Ainz wins.

He's liable to start with death, timestop being a close second (he has a propensity to use timestop to test his opponents resistances, especially in an unknown situation) but since she can react to her own projectiles speed equal ainz can as well. All he has to do is think timestop/teleport to escape the blast radius and cast death on her.

Jibril doesn't seem to have instant death resistance, so Ainz' favorite opening spell; grasp heart would kill her.

Ainz uses grasp heart in vol. 1 and 11 when fighting opponents he doesn't understand the strength of. It's in his character to start with death magic. It's what he specializes in. He also doesn't underestimate his opponents.

I vote for Ainz.

Typically, when someone manifests energy, magical or otherwise, and they can no longer concentrate on it, the energy dissipates unless it was made to go off after the user dies/is incapasitated. It's more likely that Jibril will start her 'wind up' (create the energy to then fire it), get hit with instant death, then simply die, and the energy dissiptes without someone to maintain and fire it for its intended purpose.

The pen or the sword said:
In the light novels hes opened with grasp heart twice, he's opened with time stop thrice, delay magic true death once, and he's opened with silent magic death four times. If we're going by what he goes for in character against unknown silent magic death is the most consistent.
Just pointing out consistency wise ainz has opened more with time stop and silent magic death then grasp heart.

Back