• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Analyzing Almighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
He literally never refers to himself as omnipotent nor omniscient LOL.

Also, last I checked once Ichigo used his Bankai, Yhwach broke it instantly knowing it's fearsome power.

He's obviously not either one of those, but he still exaggerates about how powerful he actually is.

Yes the Bankai destroying part is true, but he didn't kill Ichigo when he had the perfect opportunity to among other things. Instead, he boasted about how inferior Ichigo was to him.

DarkDragonMedeus who cares if he calls himself powerful, in the context of the story he is powerful. Writers don't care about tiering systems, they're irrelevant to the story.

Powerful =/ Omnipotent/Omniscient that doesn't even make sense.

He destroyed the bankai because he knows it will be trouble. anything you said after that was headcanon because why would Kubo kill off his main character to let the villain win? This is legit the most common thing in fiction when it involves a villain, also are you forgetting Yhwach wasn't trying to kill him but absorb his power like he later did?

BsGFBpw
NrsdNXi
FqFy3WQ
JIH7KyR
YO1heYJ
Your blatantly spreading misinformation at this point, it feels really "trollish".

I'm well aware of the difference between powerful and Omnipotence, and yes, Yhwach is powerful, but the original Japanese context literally has him describing himself that way as opposed to fan translation. An obvious hyperbole, but still a common villain cliche about their greatest weakness being their ego.

Also, read the OP. It literally says not to accuse differing opinions as "trollish" or "Headcanon". I'm well aware the author wouldn't kill off the main villain, but it's still primary canon. Yhwach has clear weaknesses and you can't just shout "PIS" on every potrayal of his Almighty failing. It's as canon as Superman being susceptible to Kryptonite or magic.

I read the op and you obviously have no idea what you're talking about honestly everything you said in this thread since it started has been debunked. You have been getting called out the entire time, and now you bring the same argument again about omnipotence.

You're aware he wouldn't kill off his main character, but you're using it as proof for Yhwach being egotistical? We all know it has a weakness this was already discussed, your not bringing any new points just old debunked ones.

yhwach didn't say in the first place that he was omnipotent about the arrow you can check the chapter and see how it is made even if it was placed as weaknesses no one has access to it I don't know what the point to add it

I know what I'm talking about, but I'm honestly tired of arguing in circles, just like nearly every Bleach thread tbh. I still agree more with what Matt addressed and even Knight agreed about Yhwach's ego being his greatest weakness. I'm just explaining to what the definition of Ego is, it's the belief that one is higher and mightier than you're truly are which inherently causes the individual to make rash/reckless decisions. Matt even provided evidence on previous threads as did Apple Lord.

My point still stands, and nothing on both sides have been 100% debunked. Both of sides are basically arguing in circles which is understandably tiresome, but it seems inevitable to reach a conclusion anytime soon. I still want to here Soldier Blue's input.

Son Goku and Yusuke Urameshi say hi, albeit death and resurrection.

We already agreed to add egotistical for whatever reason, the point of me addressing your comment was that your reasoning was nonsense.

Then you tried to use a common fictional trope as evidence? Everything has been debunked unless you still think Almighty is actually probability manipulation?

Then I fail to see a point, all I basically heard as a refute was "he is egotistical, but he's not egotistical," which literally makes no sense at all.

And I was addressing your point. Ganondorf is egotistical for the very same reasons. Still would have been smarter for Yhwach to actually finish his primary threats before they had the chance such as Uryu before he could Antithesis. Almighty has never been shown to work on characters multiple tiers above his power or much greater speeds of characters fast enough to blitz him. It's not like Izzard who just thinks "Die" and someone dies.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
He's obviously not either one of those, but he still exaggerates about how powerful he actually is.
Yes the Bankai destroying part is true, but he didn't kill Ichigo when he had the perfect opportunity to among other things. Instead, he boasted about how inferior Ichigo was to him.
Wouldn't that count as plot armor for Ichigo since he went for the kill in character for everyone else? Even in the end he did "kill" an illusion of Ichigo.

He never killed Uryu when he had the opportunity to either; and Almighty still couldn't predict Antithesis nullifying Almighty is still a fact.

The point was your reasoning was wrong. You were using false omnipotence claims and said he didn't kill Ichigo when that wasn't even his goal.

Uryu wasn't even there for the battle, he just randomly showed up with an arrow designed to stop Almighty that had 0 foreshadowing whatsoever which is what I assume your talking about. It was also stated in canon that Antithesis counters The Almighty and that Uryu is the only Quincy that can surpass him.

Isn't it fairly obvious it wouldn't work on someone like a universal being, Also I'm not exactly sure what speed has to do with countering the Almighty especially since it's an instant effect?

Antithesis isn't what stopped Almighty, the arrow made from dead Quincy stopped it for a moment. If you read the novel you would also know that he isn't even dead but is surrounded by hundreds of seals and even then he still has influence over the world.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
He never killed Uryu when he had the opportunity to either, and Almighty still couldn't predict Antithesis nullifying Almighty is still a fact.
But Yhwach never fought Uryu. We are discussing a potential in battle weakness which was shown only againts the main character. What does antithesis nullifying the almighty has to do with Yhwach's behaviour? O.O

Yhwach encountered Uryu well before the final battle, and was able to see some of his other traps coming. There's also the incidents Yhwach didn't see Yoruichi coming addressed on previous threads.

Light Novels are non-canon, unless you meant to say Manga, that's the only canon material here.

Edit: My apologies, my mind was in 10 or more spaces at once when I looked it up, but actually is said "Light Novels not written by Kubo are non-canon" Sorry about the confusion, but those post below were still extremely rude and downright false. Going to have to hakai a few posts since thread's concluded anyway. Not to mention GT and Kai are Non-Canon despite Toriyama's involvement as well as the Bleach Anime is simply an adaptation which isn't canon either.

The light novels are absolutely Canon, what are you talking about? The movies aren't Canon, the light novels are.

If you're arguing for Yhwach can't change or see what he isn't looking at I agree, but don't confuse it with character arrogance. Also, he already told Uryu why he didn't kill him for treason. You should know why. And the novels are canon, because the manga author provided the canon info for it to be written. Narita the novel writer tweeted about it in Japanese.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
T╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âm╠Âa╠Ân╠Âg╠Âa╠ ╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Âl╠Âs╠Âo╠ ╠Ân╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠ÂC╠Âa╠Ân╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Â╠Â
you're non cano

i had a question about juha.. does he get all quincys abilities when they die aka their sternritter powers, like heat, thunder etc? i was told he didnt

By his own words, the explanation of his powers during the flashback when he was a child, yes Yhwach does get their abilities. Schrifts are embedded in the soul of the Stern Ritter, Yhwach absorbs the souls of those he takes and it's stated it takes their powers as well. The issue was he just never uses them. Why? We don't know. The only time it seemed so was when he used "The Voice" to give himself a voice after Ichibei took it. Reading the raws has the wording around "The Voice" similar to the other Schrift for the Stern Ritter.

It's implied he has them, but why he has never used them is unknown.similiar to Yama's Bankai we know he has it but he has never once used it.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
By his own words, the explanation of his powers during the flashback when he was a child, yes Yhwach does get their abilities. Schrifts are embedded in the soul of the Stern Ritter, Yhwach absorbs the souls of those he takes and it's stated it takes their powers as well. The issue was he just never uses them. Why? We don't know. The only time it seemed so was when he used "The Voice" to give himself a voice after Ichibei took it. Reading the raws has the wording around "The Voice" similar to the other Schrift for the Stern Ritter.
Can you provide scans for the Schrift similitaries in raw?

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Yeah I agree Yhwach should have all of the Schrift's of the Sternritter. I can make a list.
I thought this was accepted already save the Stern Ritter that are still alive.

The Bankai Stealing Medallion prevents the Sterns from using their vollstandig, Yhwach steals their vollstandig and their power, causing the sterns to lose their vollstandig, Ichibei erased the medallion with yamamoto's bankai in his fight against Yhwach.

I believe that Yhwach must have the powers of the Stern post fight with Ichibei, and Bankai of Yama pre fight ..

so its a definite yes that ywach has all sternritter powers or just a possibility? ywach with sternritter pwoers would be OP as **** and i doubt this wiki would want that.

It's a possibility since he has never displayed them for sure, some are on his profile. Besides they can't be used in battles unless the OP allows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back