• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unless you're suggesting 8-C Mark 46
I'm saying I think the reasoning for the 8-C ratings are either based on
  • Upscaling from 9-A feats. Since literally every calc feat I see is 9-B or 9-A
  • Based on a non-canon AoS feat
  • Scaling to Iron Man
The last point only makes sense if you're doing something similar to Iron Spider-Man, and saying that the Mark 46 while being awful should still be at least as good as the Mark I or III.

The last point only makes sense if you're doing something similar to Iron Spider-Man, and saying that the Mark 46 while being awful should still be at least as good as the Mark I or III.
If that works then okay that's fine

Spidey's 8-C comes from Cap, so nah.

The problem is that we rate it as 8-B, so the only way you're gonna get that is by downgrading the mark 46 entirely

Spidey's 8-C comes from Cap
I was talking about the justification for the Iron Spider Armor
At least Large Building level (Should be superior to Iron Man's second suit at the very least. Killed multiple Outriders in Insta-Kill Mode)

only way you're gonna get that is by downgrading the mark 46 entirely
The options are
  • We scale Cap, and therefore half the franchise, to Iron Man's 8-B rating
  • We drop all the scaling again meaning they're moved to 9-A
  • We say the Mark 46 is 8-C for being at least as strong as the Mark I and III

I was talking about the justification for the Iron Spider Armor

The options are
There’s no one else to scale to for cap to stay 8-c without tony?

Scales spidey to his feat of pulling the ferry together?

The options are
I'd probably go with 9-A, as Cap is more consistent with fighting with Tier 9 characters. And it feels really weird that Tony made the Mark 46 to be much weaker than a majority of his armors

I'd probably go with 9-A, as Cap is more consistent when fighting with Tier 9 characters. And it feels really weird that Tony made the Mark 46 to be much weaker than a majority of his armors
After Ironman 3 and his ptsd tony was still kinda pressed to make more modular suits which as we saw in Ironman 3 sucked but I guess he figured it out with nanotechnology in infinity war

After Ironman 3 and his ptsd tony was still kinda pressed to make more modular suits which as we saw in Ironman 3 sucked but I guess he figured it out with nanotechnology in infinity war
I'm talking about strength and not functionality and gimmicks, but let's take this somewhere else, maybe the general thread

Last edited:
We already derailed. I'll save this for another thread and lets get back to the vibranium stuff.
Okay so only Ultron upgrade yes or no? And we're accepting Vibranium as being at most 6-C unless it's stated to have properties that are special aside from that of regular Vibranium such as T'Challa's special suit, sorcerers would be rated as unknown

Since only his insides were damage from the heat and later on SW used a rage amp to damage him I personally think it can work.
Okay and thanks for your input here should I wait for more staff or can this be applied

Okay I'll apply it when I can get to my computer but I can't atm

idk like two more people agreeing with it or something along those lines.

Cap's 8-C mainly comes from fighting on par with Black Panther, with the latter having tanked a blast from Klaue's hand-cannon, which is comparable to Wakandan Sonic spears which can one-shot American tanks, which is around baseline High 8-C level. But since T'Challa used a money podium to somewhat lessen the impact against it (Which really doesn't work that well for T'Challa), he backscales from it.

which is around baseline High 8-C level.
This is a misconception. Totally destroying a tank and leaving nothing left is High 8-C. Just blasting through the armor is 9-A. Which is where the rest of their feats are at.

This is a misconception. Totally destroying a tank and leaving nothing left is High 8-C. Just blasting through the armor is 9-A. Which is where the rest of their feats are at.
I was talking about totally destroying a tank and leaving nothing left, I wasn't talking about just the armor. Klaue's Sonic cannon obliterates things in full, it's extremely likely that the Sonic Cannons would do the same.

Vibranium gets unstable with powerful sonic attacks.
Which was the point of the sonic cannon. To counter vibranium
Also the car got crumpled completely, which still accounts for something, I guess.
The High 8-C rating comes from violent fragmentation of the tank. Which again, neither Claw or the spears have evidence of.

Which was the point of the sonic cannon. To counter vibranium

The High 8-C rating comes from violent fragmentation of the tank. Which again, neither Claw or the spears have evidence of.
Pretty sure the High 8-C value of the tank wasn't calculated properly.

That one was calculated using Tensile strength, which we don't use for v. frag (We use high-end shear strength or low-end compressive strength for v. frag), whereas normal frag uses shear strength, which is 0.75 * tensile strength for steels and 0.6 for other stuff since only steel, iron and aluminium have shear strength multipliers.

Since it's depleted uranium, 0.6, and depleted uranium is 1565-1881 MPa tensile strength, so that's 1727 MPa average UTS, 0.6 times that is 1036 MPa for shear strength or frag.

The mass is also wrong, The M1 Abrams is anywhere from 54-66.8 metric tons, averaging out at 60.8 tons, and while not all of it is armor, majority of it is according to this article, so prolly 75%.

54 metric tons times 0.75= 40.5 tons of armor (Google searches gave tank armor weight at around 32-45 tons so it prolly matches), density of depleted uranium is 18.5-18.6 g/cm^3 (18.55 g/cm^3 average), so that's a volume of 2183288.4097035 cm^3, 2183288.4097035 * 1036= 2,261,886,792.452826 J or 0.540604 tons of TNT, Building level. This is the low-end but the high-end is prolly not gonna go beyond 8-C methinks.

Last edited:
Vibranium doesn’t warrant an upgrade on AP, just durability except for those characters who are shown to make vibranium undergo a physical change (destruction). Melting vibranium is a chemical change which is matter manipulation. Hope that clears some things up in case anybody didn’t already know that.
Do you agree with the crt though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back