• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Oh, if it's about the gore. Then, SamanPatou's suggestion for using references might be the best alternative for linking, though it takes a bit more effort to utilize than simply creating hyperlinks. You'd have to find the feat or the ability in question and as well as finding the chapters or episodes they were displayed in for the reference text.

I replaced all of the links with references.

Nice job, I understand it's kind of a bummer to not have the links, but it's better having the profiles like this than not having them at all.

They should be ready for shipping now.
Probably, yes.

just wondering if i can have permission to edit drive knights page and add his new "Zero"
he said that was his name to Genos in the web comic and was wondering if i can add it to his profile

Sorry for asking and all, but I would like to ask why the tabber between Composite Bugs Bunny and Big Chungus were removed.

Aren't these tabbers meant to use for different sorts of portrayals of the character in question and so on?
Big Chungus is supposed to be, despite being a clone of Bugs, a separate character. They wouldn't share a tabber.

EDIT: An example of this would be Agent 47 not sharing a tabber with Agent 48s, they are effectively the same person because they are all clones, but also separate characters.

What about Mori Jin then? IDK about the verse, but that case seems out of standard in that case, as at least half of the profiles linked on the tabbers are clones of the original one, and there's probably far more profiles where this kind of issue is around, if we are to stick to that as the standard.

There's also Sora (Kingdom Hearts) having on the top tabber Data-Sora, which really is just a data clone of him and is a separate character outside of that.

In general there doesn't seem to be a proper standard over when to use this kind of tabbers, perhaps some basic standards should be added to the Standard Format for Characters Profiles to avoid this kind of issue in the future.

So far, it seems that using them to link to alternate canon versions of a character is fine (Godzilla and Sonic being notable examples), and so is using them to link to profiles that just index the same character in another era (Naruto and Goku have this), but characters that are related but simply have their own individualism to be separate characters (Clones, being the most common case) aren't.

Last edited:
What about Mori Jin then? IDK about the verse, but that case seems out of standard in that case, as at least half of the profiles linked on the tabbers are clones of the original one, and there's probably far more profiles where this kind of issue is around, if we are to stick to that as the standard.

In general there doesn't seem to be a proper standard over when to use this kind of tabbers, perhaps a CRT should be done over it?
If you are uncertain why they are that way, I would ask Ovens.

But going purely off what's presented, Mori Hui is an exact clone and didn't have any self-awareness until a certain point, Mori Dan looks to just be Mori Jin, and I'm not fully aware on the differences present with Jung. If anything I'd just remove Jung from the tabber, but I will wait on Ovens.

Regarding if there are far more profiles, I don't believe so, nearly all profiles I've seen already handle this kind of thing correctly.

Mori Dan is in fact Mori Jin, just the post-timeskip version of him. Mori Hui is a physical clone, in the sense that he is physically Mori Jin, but separated from his real self.

Mori Jung is a biological clone made from Mori Jin's DNA.

Mori Jung is a biological clone made from Mori Jin's DNA.
If he's just a biological clone but separate in personality and character he shouldn't be in the tabber, otherwise Agent 47 would share a tabber with the 48s.

Mori Dan is just post-timeskip Mori Jin. Mori Hui is an exact clone of Mori Jin that's more or less the same person until a whole later.

Mori Jung seems to be the most likely for removal but even here, I'm unsure.

Edit: Ninja'd

Also...
  • Preferably avoid creating any supposedly "all-powerful" 4th wall-breaking real life author avatar characters, or author avatars in general. Before doing so, please read our Reality - Fiction Interaction guidelines, and try to evaluate if the character in question is significant within its story. Meaningless 4th wall breaking, and winks at the audience, do not equate tier 0 in any way, shape, or form, and can potentially open doors for new members to start looking at real life humans as an "omnipotent species" that can fight with ideas, words, and pictures. Exceptions have been made for Andrew Hussie, the Annoying Dog, and "The Writer" of DC Comics. The former was not played as an invincible character within Homestuck, whereas the second was not a true author avatar, just a joke character. Finally, the third has been established as an inseparable part of Grant Morrison's DC cosmology, and is ranked at Tier 0, not for being an author avatar, but for its established role in comparison to everything else within the franchise. Nevertheless, it is very unwise to allow too many explicit author avatars, as they severely blur the line between fiction and reality.
The Writer isn't even tier 0 anymore, so that should be reworded.

Oh really? i guess I slipped there.
Anyways, perhaps some standards over the usage of profile tabbers should be done?

why does the page even exist? the unit in-game was an april fool's joke in the first place.
Because it remained even after the event ended, meaning that it's a legitimate character in the setting.
I'm sure we've also allowed "temporary" characters like the crossovers in Fortnite regardless.

Back