• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Helios strikes back: Hades shines without limit (God of War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feat was previously discussed but kinda went no where, so we return to it years later.

image1.png

Helios lights up all of the underworld. Pretty basic, but it requires a size of the underworld to mean anything.

Currently, we accept it as infinite in size:
Helios (God of War) | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:WindGodAcheron/God_of_War:_Explaining_the_Tiers

posts from the original crt incase, which include other supporting feats (also detailed in the blog above):
God of War: Greek Pantheon Revisions | Page 2 | VS Battles Wiki Forum

But just incase a refresher for its size:

NtrilhV.png

Stated both official art and dev member that hell has an infinite distance.

WWyd1ku.png

Stated to be a chasm of immeasurable magnitude.

image3.png

Stated to be a "limitless" domain.

BarlogDated2.png

Cory Balrog confirming The dev's prior statement regarding the underworld is intended.

YXKkUDL.png

The gow devs used the same night-sky stellar skybox to illustrate the Ares battle as they did on the Underworld, which further clarifies what the intent was with the image of the Underworld containing stars in the background.

Conclusion

Helios lights crosses an infinite distance, and as such should be labelled as infinite speed (for the light). The feat is already mentioned on the speed section of Helios page and should be adjusted accordingly. Though, possibly/likely would also be fine.

Edit: It has come to my attention that while Helios' page lists this as an accepted ap feat, it is not labeled as it should be. It should be listed as high 3-a, for illuminating an infinite space.

Last edited:
The feat looks ok to me, should scale to reaction speed for any of the god tiers in 3 considering a good chunk of them react to the light.

Agree. We already use this feat for AP on his profile, I see no issue with a likely rating returning around reaction only.

Last edited:
From a logical standpoint, I disagree completely with Infinite Speed God of War, it doesn't make any sense in the series itself and you don't need to be an expert to know that.

But since the wikia's standards are low and characters get infinite/immeasurable for less legit reasons than this (in this case at least there are statements of the distance being infinite) GoW shouldn't be treated differently so I agree with the infinite speed and High 3A Upgrades.

From a logical standpoint, I disagree completely with Infinite Speed God of War, it doesn't make any sense in the series itself and you don't need to be an expert to know that.
Fair enough. This can be applied to any verse ever, and was actually the reason it got removed in the first place, despite the blatant feat.

Saying that it doesn't make sense and not elaborating on how it does not make sense isn't gonna convince people dude.

Funnily enough, I actually saw this while watching a God of War channel about lore and theories and such. To think this would actually get brought up as an actual thread lol.

In any case, this seems right given the concept behind the nature and size of the Underworld along with official descriptions/statements of it.

And yeah as Glass noted, this is actually written down on Helio's page currently. Though he's rated as "at least 3-A, likely Low 2-C to 2-C" with this here:

"At least Universe level, likely Universe level+ to Low Multiverse level (He is capable of defeating and forcing the Primordial Nyx to retreat from the night-skies every day. His Power of the Sun illuminated and covered the entirety of an infinite plane as a mere after-effect of being wielded by the Titan Atlas. His powers were able to cause severe damage to and destroy the Pillar of the World, which held up the entire universe for eons and would destroy all of creation and all of existence were it to fall down, as well as cause the world to revert into Chaos, the primeval realm that preceded both space and time)"

-So the at least 3-A would change to High 3-A here.

As for speed, who scales from this again? The video I watch that talked about this had Hermes react to this whenever Kratos/Player tries to use Helios light on him.

I found the video I mentioned about. Great channel for watching/reading some GoW content on lore and stuff.

It's at the 3:30 mark where Hermes was made to intend to react and dodge Helio's light even if you use it close up to him. So the Hermes part here checks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back