• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Oh god.... That was a mass edit, so I imagine there may be more errors than that.

Edit. Okay, false alarm, it was something wrong with the profile formatting and it got mixed up with the bot edit, I fixed it.
I made minor corrections:

Also, these two very important categories seems to overlap:

Should somebody replace all instances of the "Races" category with the "Species" category instead?

Also, should the following verse be deleted?

It seems to be an obscure copy of the RPC Authority, which is a more obscure copy of the SCP Foundation, which is a bunch of constantly changing fan-written wiki fact sheets that break our rules to feature in our own wiki in the first place, but has such strong community support that we never seem able to get rid of it despite this.

It seems to be an obscure copy of the RPC Authority, which is a more obscure copy of the SCP Foundation, which is a bunch of constantly changing fan-written wiki fact sheets that break our rules to feature in our own wiki in the first place, but has such strong community support that we never seem able to get rid of it despite this.

Isn't it literally a sub-branch of RPC though? It's even said in the url.

I do not know. I am not very interested in those verses.

If it breaks our rules, then being popular should not be a deterrent. But as always, that would require its own thread to establish properly.

I checked the links and the Cosmic Embers aren't just "a copy", they're a different part of RPC and nothing else, both this wiki and the RPC website say that.

So I don't see a real reason to delete that.
Okay. Never mind then. Thank you for the information. 🙏

If it breaks our rules, then being popular should not be a deterrent. But as always, that would require its own thread to establish properly.
Something that simply originates from fan fact sheets in a wiki, rather than actual coherent stories, breaks our rules to extremes, but we constantly encounter such heavy opposition whenever we try to remove the SCP Foundation from our wiki, that it almost seems pointless to try at this point.

Something that simply originates from fan fact sheets in a wiki, rather than actual coherent stories, breaks our rules to extremes, but we constantly encounter such heavy opposition whenever we try to remove the SCP Foundation from our wiki, that it almost seems pointless to try at this point.
For the SCP Foundation, the fact sheets are the original material, and they very much are actual, coherent stories, just presented in the format of clinical reports.

Lightning fast ⚡
1089197803038847146.png

This rule should be reworded as Gfycat is dead to begin with:

• Due to problems with Gfycat automatically moving lots of scans to a site with **** advertisements, we recommend that our members instead upload images & gifs to Imgur (link), or other reliable image hosting services, and then use the URL of the uploaded media in the needed profile or blog or thread. You can also upload the images & gifs to this wiki (link), and then use the URL of the uploaded media in the page or blog that you are making or editing.

I'd suggest something like:

We recommend that our members upload images & gifs to Imgur (link), or other reliable image hosting services, and then use the URL of the uploaded media in the needed profile or blog or thread. You can also upload the images & gifs to this wiki (link), and then use the URL of the uploaded media in the page or blog that you are making or editing.

I'd think it'd be a good idea to also encourage members to use more the in-wiki hosting system as it allows directly showcasing image files, but other sites can still be recommended out of convenience and more notably supporting larger files than 10MB and videos, but I'd rather hear some thoughts on that before proposing a more considerable rewrite.

As for this rule on that same page:

• Please refrain from incorporating scaling chains and calculation values into the character profiles, including metrics like Energy/TNT numbers. It is preferred that such information be presented in the form of notes or explanations, or alternatively, be placed within the appropriate section on the verse page.

It should have one "*" less at the start as right now it's listed as a part of the sublist regarding Article List Templates stuff, when this is unrelated to say the least.

For the SCP Foundation, the fact sheets are the original material, and they very much are actual, coherent stories, just presented in the format of clinical reports.
I strongly disagree regarding that it qualifies as legitimate coherent stories, rather than just being a largely incoherent fan work wiki.

You haven't presented any reasoning for why this is the case.
Because as far as I have understood it is still just constantly changing fact sheets in a wiki, written by a horde of fans that largely do their own things, not stories told in anything resembling a regular coherent narrative.

"The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from works that are reasonably notable or popular outside of versus debating communities. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and has a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world."

"Do not add any original or fan-made characters to the wiki. If you wish to create any original/fan-made character profiles, feel free to do so in the FC/OC wiki. "Original" here refers to relatively obscure characters from self-contained stories created by members and their friends, whereas "fan-made" refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission."

Last edited:
Because as far as I have understood it is still just constantly changing fact sheets in a wiki, written by a horde of fans that largely do their own things, not stories told in anything resembling a regular coherent narrative.

"The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from works that are reasonably notable or popular outside of versus debating communities. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and has a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world."

"Do not add any original or fan-made characters to the wiki. If you wish to create any original/fan-made character profiles, feel free to do so in the FC/OC wiki. "Original" here refers to relatively obscure characters from self-contained stories created by members and their friends, whereas "fan-made" refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission."
The SCP Foundation is not obscure or made solely for vs-debating; it has a Wikipedia article with dozens of citations from reliable news sources, solid positive reviews from high-profile critics, and even official published material, while our community, which is enormous and has more pages than them, doesn't seem to have a single reference in mainstream media the last time I checked. It also doesn't use copyrighted material in official articles; any crossover fanfiction is listed under Project Crossover as non-canon to the site. Anyone who writes for the SCP site is considered an official author, not a fan, because they're contributing to a vast canon, not making derivative material from it. Fact sheets in the SCP Foundation have plots, are all set in a fictional setting, and the canon is that everything on the site is canonical through multiverse theories. That a piece of media is formatted as fact sheets - and not everything on the site even is - instead of prose, poetry, drawings, videos, or anything else more conventional is a simple stylistic choice that shouldn't incur our discrimination.

Please close this thread

Please close this thread

as the op of this thread i consent, a compromise has been reached

Please close this thread

Done

Back