• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Since I can't ban myself, I'd like to request a ban for one week for reasons that I won't explain. And, yes, I would like it to be a ban rather than just a break.

I'd like a few minutes before the ban, however. I need to get some stuff in order.

Edit: I've said what I needed to. I'm ready for a ban.

@Antvasima @DarkDragonMedeus @AKM sama Could one of you perform the ban?

Also, just ban me on the forum, not the wiki.
I tried, and it doesn't work if I do it. It says "Successfully banned", but when I look at your profile or banned users list it does not register. Think only Bureaucrats can ban Admins.
@ByAsura

I think that I would have to demote you before banning you, which seems unnecessarily problematic.

Well, the creator of these profiles don't have account in the forum, so there's no much we can do.
Would anybody here be willing to search for official book illustration images for "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" characters, so we can use them instead, please?

Some of the characters from the following verse have Limitless/Infinite stamina for no explained reason.

Regarding some of those stamina ratings, for the God Hand members and Skull Knight they lack a mortal/natural form that would get taxed, Skull Knight has casually shown far greater stamina than Guts (likely the most high-endurance mortal being in the entire series, factoring out Apostles' Type 2 Immortality), and the God Hand are capable of doing intensely powerful feats of magic casually without displaying any strain. So for those 6 characters, they're attributed limitless stamina on account of not having forms that we'd really have much reason to believe would feel strain from anything other than actual harm, and they've got pretty significant showings of flexing massively on characters with superhuman stamina without issue. If there's others, particularly corporeal characters, that have limitless stamina, I see no problem with removing those ratings.
Thank you for helping out.
🙏

The problem is that we need some form of reliable evidence before we assume that any character can literally fight for an eternity without ever getting tired, including robots and undead.
@SheevShezarrine @Celestial_Pegasus @Mefre @TISSG7Redgrave @Wokistan @DemonGodMitchAubin @SuperKamiNappa @UchihaSlayer96 @Zaratthustra @SamanPatou @CuddleFox @Chariot190 @azontr

No problem, and please take care of yourself. 🙏❤️

I believe we can safely give superhuman to most, although rn I can't think of any particular feat.
The true members of the God Hand are conceptual beings and I don't know how we handle stamina for them, since they don't have a physical form but we extend it to mental fortitude as well. When they incarnate, it should be unknown though, aside from Griffith who had feats from when he was a human, and his post-godhood incarnate form should be superior.

I'm fine with changing Skull Knight's stamina to superhuman simply scaling above Guts, if that's what needs to be done. But the God Hand should maintain the rating. Unless incarnated, they don't actually have physical forms, they are abstract manifestations of evil, so they should maintain a physically limitless stamina rating.

Physically limitless is fine to me.
However, we don't do stamina scaling unless there are precise and specific reasons behind it, so Skull Knight shouldn't have it only because of being stronger than Guts.

Well, the issue here is that we need actually evidence for or official statements regarding that the God Hand could hypothetically, for example, fight each other at full force for trillions of years without even getting winded before we should grant them literally infinite stamina.

Would anybody here be willing to search for official book illustration images for "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" characters, so we can use them instead, please?
I added official book illustrations for our THGTTG pages, except for the Vogons, for whom I couldn't find any.

Well, the issue here is that we need actually evidence for or official statements regarding that the God Hand could hypothetically, for example, fight each other at full force for trillions of years without even getting winded before we should grant them literally infinite stamina.
Why

Because that is how our standards work regarding this, and what infinite stamina fundamentally means.

What he means is that the God Hand, unless they decide to incarnate, exist as abstract and conceptual beings, devoid of physical form.

I know that fiction doesn't follow rules, so it's very well possible for even such beings to get tired, so idk.
Maybe "unknown" plus explanation is better?,

Saman is correct on what I mean, yes. I don't think we should give beings who lack a physical form finite stamina without it being explicit. In the same way we wouldn't give a being who maintains a physical form infinite stamina without it being explicit.

Opting for an unknown rating appears to be the preferable choice. However, I fail to comprehend the necessity of providing an explanation if an unknown rating is to be assigned.

Saman is correct on what I mean, yes. I don't think we should give beings who lack a physical form finite stamina without it being explicit. In the same way we wouldn't give a being who maintains a physical form infinite stamina without it being explicit.
Please note that characters that are mechanical or undead should not automatically be assumed to possess infinite stamina, unless this trait has been clearly defined within the series or by the lore.

What he means is that the God Hand, unless they decide to incarnate, exist as abstract and conceptual beings, devoid of physical form.

I know that fiction doesn't follow rules, so it's very well possible for even such beings to get tired, so idk.
Maybe "unknown" plus explanation is better?,
We definitely do not automatically give ghosts and beings made of energy infinite stamina, as their energy supply can potentially run out. Abstract beings are more uncertain, so I think that "Unknown. At least Superhuman" might work.

@ImmortalDread refers to beings with physical forms. I am referring to incorporeal beings, like ghosts, and other abstract entities, which do not fall under the same category.
We definitely do not automatically give ghosts and beings made of energy infinite stamina, as their energy supply can potentially run out. Abstract beings are more uncertain, so I think that "Unknown. At least Superhuman" might work.
We automatically give them physically limitless stamina, which we make distinct from stamina tied to an energy source on a profile. A ghost getting physically tired from say, running, and a ghost getting tired from using abilities tied to an energy system are two different things.

I've given my input, so will be my last post on the subject matter.

@ImmortalDread refers to beings with physical forms. I am referring to incorporeal beings, like ghosts, and other abstract entities, which do not fall under the same category.
A ghost with a physical form? The note is kinda straightforward on what it's exactly referring to. I am pretty sure understanding it well. Perhaps, I may misunderstand your point, so I beg for further elaboration.

Also, to note: in the stamina page, it has been empathised multiple times that stamina rating can't be granted under an “assumption” but rather direct statements and feats.
This general statistic encompasses a number of different traits and characteristics that operate differently, and that can thus differ within a single character. Because of this and the inherent variability of stamina, it is difficult to create a comprehensive and consistent universal ranking system for these feats, although some guidelines can be established. Because of this, it is best to explain and source examples of a character's stamina feats rather than simply state a generalised rating.
Stamina is also mostly related to one's own physique, the way it stores and burns energy and how it reacts to external factors. This is usually the product of aspects such as training, lifestyle, physiology and more, featuring differences even among the members of the same species, and thus it heavily depends on the single individual. For these reasons it is recommended to not scale stamina between characters that are comparable or superior to each other in terms of statistics such as Attack Potency, Durability etc. It should be allowed only when levels of stamina are explicitly defined as common and natural traits shared by members of the same species or group, or through direct statements, feats and evidences of the characters being comparable in such aspect.
Please note that characters that are mechanical or undead should not automatically be assumed to possess infinite stamina, unless this trait has been clearly defined within the series or by the lore.
We automatically give them physically limitless stamina, which we make distinct from stamina tied to an energy source on a profile. A ghost getting physically tired from say, running, and a ghost getting tired from using abilities tied to an energy system are two different things.
Any evidence of this? The stamina page does not state this at all, and kinda trying to denote that feats and statements are required, not assumptions.

ImmortalDread is still correct here, as far as I am aware.

She's not (at all), but I don't have the time to explain why she is wrong nor do the stamina ratings of Berserk particularly matter to me, so carry on as you were. Last post on the topic from me.

We tried to be specific regarding our stamina standards to include bodiless undead characters and similar, but maybe we should try to make them even harder to misunderstand, by specifically mentioning the phrase "including ghosts, and other physically bodiless characters" at the end?

We tried to be specific regarding our stamina standards to include bodiless undead characters and similar, but maybe we should try to make them even harder to misunderstand, by specifically mentioning the phrase "including ghosts, and other physically bodiless characters" at the end?
This change would likely be prudent. The basic principle is the same. Beings that lack the physiology through which limitations on human stamina manifest are not automatically considered to lack any limitation, as it is far too often the case in fiction that these beings still "tire out" in some fashion for us to assume by default that they have infinite stamina.

I am pretty sure this note
Clearly defines that a character is a robot, cyborg, zombie, vampire, or any other mechanical or undead being, it doesn't mean they can continue performing physical or mental tasks endlessly without getting tired.

We could add “abstract beings” as well (since we clearly distinguish between them), because frankly speaking, as @Deagonx has remarked, they are not exceptions, and still require statements or feats to establish the rating for them.

I am still baffled of what am I exactly being wrong here. You could perhaps highlight any text from stamina page to disprove it.

This change would likely be prudent. The basic principle is the same. Beings that lack the physiology through which limitations on human stamina manifest are not automatically considered to lack any limitation, as it is far too often the case in fiction that these beings still "tire out" in some fashion for us to assume by default that they have infinite stamina.
Would either of you be willing to initiate a staff only thread based on what I said above please? I unfortunately have extremely limited free time available.

If you think that it is better if I initiate the new thread (to make it more official), I would appreciate if you write a draft text for the first post of it instead.

I trust Deagonx capabilities on handling this task. He is free to create the staff thread to suggest the modifications, unless he specified of not being able to, I can voluntarily help with the task.

Could this be renamed to "Jason Voorhees (Gun Media)"? The title it has now is a little questionable 'cause that's not the only F13 game titled Friday the 13th: The Game, the NES one is right there next to it, and this way it's more accurate and specific, referring to just the 2017 Gun Media game.

Request to close this thread. Massive necro (Which I found out after accidentally commenting on it) and we already have rules for it in place.

Back