• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Yes Dread, a 4-1-1 vote generally means a thread has been accepted.
However, one must exercise caution when considering the validity of these agreements, as they bear the weight of uncertain foundations. Those who proclaimed their views lacked conviction and expertise on the subject matter at hand.

The proposition stands thus: the ratio in question is, indeed, 2:2:1.

Yet, it is peculiar that such tenuous assertions hold sway over a discourse of great magnitude. It is far from sufficient, and indeed, laughable. This is not a matter of content revision thread, where guidelines govern such occurrences. Instead, this pertains to a staff thread that wields influence over the entirety of the wiki and needs more staff member's counts and professional input.

Last edited:
(obviously the opponent of the verse should be added instead, I am questioning if it is provocable or not)

This should be closed. It's agreed upon that the previous thread is not accepted.

This should be closed. It's agreed upon that the previous thread is not accepted.
Handled

The staff members have already been notified by an admin, so it is important to be patient. We should avoid pinging them again in a separate thread, particularly because the content of your thread could be misleading if the initial topic hasn't been resolved yet.

They are not going to evaluate 4 pages, you are perfectly and objectively correct, this is the reason you quoted the message for them to evaluate, bestie.

(concede, I already won)

Last edited:
And what prevents me from doing that in the new thread, where non-staff wouldn't even get the chance to derail (unlike the last thread, where you continued derailing even after it was moved to staff only).

Foremost, I did not derail, I asked a question, and it is still unanswered in fact.
Second of all, drop this. I already stated, what prevents you from doing it two comments ago.

Real. A staff member already evaluated my request and approved it.

Foremost, I did not derail, I asked a question, and it is still unanswered in fact.
Second of all, drop this. I already stated, what prevents you from doing it two comments ago.

Real. A staff member already evaluated my request and approved it.
@Larssx and @Georredannea15 were the main culprits, but you asserting that the only change I proposed was changing the name of the page was objectively wrong and derailing. You also just... didn't have permission to comment at that point.

I know a staff member approved your request, but that was before I even had a chance to comment. @LephyrTheRevanchist stop being so fast pls

Speaking of...

Whaddya think about my proposal for CM now that Pizza man ain't Type 1 anymore but Daddy of Olympus is?
I'm fine with it, but should I just apply it now or should we wait for more input?

EDIT: Welp, you already pinged people. So, we're gonna go with more input.

I know a staff member approved your request, but that was before I even had a chance to comment. @LephyrTheRevanchist stop being so fast pls
I'm of the opinion we shouldn't make what essentially amount to a repeat thread when one is still open and prone to more discussion. That's why I "approved" it.

However, if other staff agree to discuss in the new one, then fair enough.

Arceus is more straightforward and detailed, something that it can give a definitive example on how CM type 1 looks like.

But I will wait for others to give input.

(Ik u won't concede AND YOU WANT WoG to be everywhere, ain't u letting it take the spot)

Zeus is just as straightforward IMHO and has a better showcase to boot, what with him being literally Fear itself and all.

But I guess I will wait to see what others think.
Ehhh, the thing is, as with other examples Ant has provided for other pages, in my experience Zeus' case wouldn't be of immediate recognition for the average visitor. The ending to GoW 3 is so weirdly done that many people miss it's significance and the implications for the conceptual battle portion (the fact that many still to this day dismiss Kratos' development from 1 to 3 is very telling in that aspect, despite the importance of Fear in every action done by Zeus, and how he embodies this conflict of ideals opposed by Kratos).

This is why I would give more support to Arceus, since he's unmistakable in that regard, with his entirety of appearances in lore his feat of creating the concepts of space, time and spirit from himself. Almost anyone that knows of Arceus would go "oh yeah, that makes sense".

But again, this is based on my personal experience. I still wouldn't mind using Zeus as the example.

Ehhh, the thing is, as with other examples Ant has provided for other pages, in my experience Zeus' case wouldn't be of immediate recognition for the average visitor. The ending to GoW 3 is so weirdly done that many people miss it's significance and the implications for the conceptual battle portion (the fact that many still to this day dismiss Kratos' development from 1 to 3 is very telling in that aspect, despite the importance of Fear in every action done by Zeus, and how he embodies this conflict of ideals opposed by Kratos).
Understandable, given their... less than appropriate bias against the verse as a whole. To be fair tho, it's a pretty massive plot point of GoW3 in its entirety even without counting in the side content and WoG from both Bruno and Stig, where Kratos goes through hell to destroying the Flames of Olympus to obtain Hope from the box to defeat Zeus and Fear, only to learn it was empty and that the power was in him all along, that he just needed the push to lose everything and unleash the power.

This is why I would give more support to Arceus, since he's unmistakable in that regard, with his entirety of appearances in lore his feat of creating the concepts of space, time and spirit from himself. Almost anyone that knows of Arceus would go "oh yeah, that makes sense".

But again, this is based on my personal experience. I still wouldn't mind using Zeus as the example.
Why not both? Assuming people are fine with swapping Rinka Shishimai with Arceus of course.

Understandable, given their... less than appropriate bias against the verse as a whole. To be fair tho, it's a pretty massive plot point of GoW3 in its entirety even without counting in the side content and WoG from both Bruno and Stig, where Kratos goes through hell to destroying the Flames of Olympus to obtain Hope from the box, only to learn it was empty and that the power was in him all along, that he just needed the push to lose everything and unleash the power.
Oh yeah, definitely. But peeps just ignore the plot (a great disservice, since the narrative is actually very nicely done).

Why not both? Assuming people are fine with swapping Rinka Shishimai with Arceus of course.
Wouldn't be opposed to that option, indeed.

We want our examples not to be spammy. So one replacement is enough (no space for deals love)

I mean, if Dante of all people was an example then a god who actually summons and seals Type 1 concepts on-screen would definitely qualify as an example. I dunno much about Arceus as an example though.

I'd have both there if possible but otherwise, I'd like to see Zeus there. For the most part, Conceptual Manipulation is an esoteric ability generally.

But I don't feel too strongly about it either way.

I dunno much about Arceus as an example though.
His entire backstory is him creating the concepts of space, time, antimatter and spirit (the amalgamation of knowledge, willpower and emotion) from within. Is one of the most popular things in Pkmn Platinum, which for years has spawned a myriad of theories, some which were then corroborated in Legends Arceus.

Is as recognizable as it gets imo.

His entire backstory is him creating the concepts of space, time, antimatter and spirit (the amalgamation of knowledge, willpower and emotion) from within. Is one of the most popular things in Pkmn Platinum, which for years has spawned a myriad of theories, some which were then corroborated in Legends Arceus.

Is as recognizable as it gets imo.
Huh, aite then. Ngl though, that Rinka chick definitely ain't as recognised as Zeus I think. I'd rather both Arceus and Zeus be there than her.

Back