• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Personally, I’d still give this one to Mechagodzilla. Though Godzilla was only at about half strength while fighting Mechagodzilla, he was still almost completely overwhelmed and could only get maybe two good blows in at most. Disregarding this, Mechagodzilla’s just got more going for him.

Director statements say that if Godzilla had been at full power, he wouldn’t have been overpowered by the Proton Beam. Let’s just assume that they’d remain in a stalemate. This would go on for a little bit, but Mechagodzilla could easily just fire missiles to knock Godzilla off-balance, allowing his Proton Beam to hit.

In addition, Mechagodzilla has several boosters equipped which can increase his speed and the power of his attacks. He can additionally enhance the power of his punches using hollow earth energy, something that Godzilla can’t do. The razors on his arms and hands would do extra damage if they go into close quarters combat, which would force Godzilla to go on the defensive.

According to the B-roll footage, Mechagodzilla also has learning algorithms, meaning it can learn as it continues to fight Godzilla. Mechagodzilla has an unlimited supply of energy thanks to the hollow earth. Therefore, I believe that given enough time, Mechagodzilla would eventually overpower Godzilla. Anyone feel free to disagree.

Last edited:
Personally, I’d still give this one to Mechagodzilla. Though Godzilla was only at about half strength while fighting Mechagodzilla, he was still almost completely overwhelmed and could only get maybe two good blows in at most. Disregarding this, Mechagodzilla’s just got more going for him.

Director statements say that if Godzilla had been at full power, he wouldn’t have been overpowered by the Proton Beam. Let’s just assume that they’d remain in a stalemate. This would go on for a little bit, but Mechagodzilla could easily just fire missiles to knock Godzilla off-balance, allowing his Proton Beam to hit.

In addition, Mechagodzilla has several boosters equipped which can increase his speed and the power of his attacks. He can additionally enhance the power of his punches using hollow earth energy, something that Godzilla can’t do. The razors on his arms and brands would do extra damage if they go into close quarters combat, which would force Godzilla to go on the defensive.

According to the B-roll footage, Mechagodzilla also has learning algorithms, meaning it can learn as it continues to fight Godzilla. Mechagodzilla has an unlimited supply of energy thanks to the hollow earth. Therefore, I believe that given enough time, Mechagodzilla would eventually overpower Godzilla. Anyone feel free to disagree.
I pretty much agree with this. Wouldn't that B-Roll Footage Stuff mean that Mechagodzilla has Analytical Prediction or something?

This is stupid in premise. Godzilla one shots. The internal scaling on the site is pretty bad but we know a single blast from Godzilla would destroy MechaGodzilla. This is shown in the film. From a Godzilla so tired he was on his hands and knees, with the director saying his breath was "drained to its core". MechaGodzilla is also incapable of causing physical damage to Godzilla without the Proton Scream, stated in the director commentary and shown on screen, and has to use durability bypassing to even try phasing him. Kong shows greater physical strength and GvK Godzilla, who's weaker than his full power, (a few Japanese guidebooks and promo stuff say he's stronger but everything from Legendary themselves say he's some degree of weaker) easily dominated Kong when he wasn't goofing around. He basically killed Kong by stepping on his chest (you can even hear crunching so he might've broken ribs), while not doing so to the female Muto, one of Ghidorah's heads, Tiamat, etc.

All MechaGodzilla can do is try to zip around and try using dura neg and avoid every attack Godzilla dishes out. GvK Godzilla has at least 23 blasts of atomic breath in him (he attacks MANY Apex bases off screen for the two or three days of Kong's journey and we only see one). Each one would shred through MechaGodzilla as easily as Kong's axe did.

The poster also makes the erroneous claim that only Mechagodzilla has Hollow Earth energy-but that's where Godzilla feeds. His atomic breath is just as potent.

Mechagodzilla's a better CQC fighter (though in the film Godzilla doesn't fight nearly as smart as he always does) and has lots of weapons that either do nothing or just manage to move Godzilla a bit.

Godzilla wins. MG can't run forever. His only means of fighting back is Proton Scream and according to concept artist, director and characters mainly in the novel as well as common sense with the presented scenes, Godzilla would win a beam clash at full power and is stronger than MG.

Yeah godzilla takes this the only reason he lost was because he fought kong 3 times and was hit by the amped axe before the fight

This is stupid in premise. Godzilla one shots. The internal scaling on the site is pretty bad but we know a single blast from Godzilla would destroy MechaGodzilla. This is shown in the film. From a Godzilla so tired he was on his hands and knees, with the director saying his breath was "drained to its core". MechaGodzilla is also incapable of causing physical damage to Godzilla without the Proton Scream, stated in the director commentary and shown on screen, and has to use durability bypassing to even try phasing him. Kong shows greater physical strength and GvK Godzilla, who's weaker than his full power, (a few Japanese guidebooks and promo stuff say he's stronger but everything from Legendary themselves say he's some degree of weaker) easily dominated Kong when he wasn't goofing around. He basically killed Kong by stepping on his chest (you can even hear crunching so he might've broken ribs), while not doing so to the female Muto, one of Ghidorah's heads, Tiamat, etc.
A single blast wouldn't destroy Mechagodzilla, you're exaggerating. The director merely stated that Godzilla used his energy to its absolute core, not that it was drained to its absolute core, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fire his atomic breath at all. And it's stupid to say that Mechagodzilla couldn't cause damage to Godzilla without the proton scream given he was capable of overpowering him with his enhanced fists. Kong does not show greater physical strength than Godzilla: nothing in that video proved it. He was just using an axe with piercing power, and the blade was made from the fin of one of Godzilla's kind. Godzilla beat Kong cuz he used his claws and teeth, more than he ever did with the other MUTOs cuz he was really pissed. His claws and teeth won't be as effective here cuz Mechagodzilla is made of metal, so he won't feel pain the way Kong did when Godzilla was scraping his chest.
All MechaGodzilla can do is try to zip around and try using dura neg and avoid every attack Godzilla dishes out. GvK Godzilla has at least 23 blasts of atomic breath in him (he attacks MANY Apex bases off screen for the two or three days of Kong's journey and we only see one). Each one would shred through MechaGodzilla as easily as Kong's axe did.
The video you showed is a compilation of all of Godzilla's atomic breathes in the movies so far. That doesn't mean he can fire 23 full-powered atomic breathes in a row. There's nothing that's been shown so far which implies he has that kind of stamina.
The poster also makes the erroneous claim that only Mechagodzilla has Hollow Earth energy-but that's where Godzilla feeds. His atomic breath is just as potent.
True but Mechagodzilla specifically calls on it in-battle and can summon it directly to him. Godzilla can't. He has to burrow underground to feed on that radiation, meaning that Mechagodzilla's got a stamina advantage.
Mechagodzilla's a better CQC fighter (though in the film Godzilla doesn't fight nearly as smart as he always does) and has lots of weapons that either do nothing or just manage to move Godzilla a bit.
Besides the tons of rocket launchers he's got in his chest and arms, as well as the blades on his hands which would cut Godzilla apart.
Godzilla wins. MG can't run forever. His only means of fighting back is Proton Scream and according to concept artist, director and characters mainly in the novel as well as common sense with the presented scenes, Godzilla would win a beam clash at full power and is stronger than MG.
Again, Mechagodzilla can harm Godzilla with more than just his Proton Scream. The main reason he lost was because of the cutting power of the energized axe. That axe was capable of seriously wounding Godzilla's leg and defeated him in his second round with Kong. Without that piercing power, Godzilla would have a tough time. It's unclear who'd win in a beam struggle. I think it would be a stalemate based on everything that was seen.

In addition, Mechagodzilla has several boosters equipped which can increase his speed and the power of his attacks. He can additionally enhance the power of his punches using hollow earth energy, something that Godzilla can’t do. The razors on his arms and brands would do extra damage if they go into close quarters combat, which would force Godzilla to go on the defensive.

I agree with this. Mechagodzilla FRA

Last edited:
While Godzilla wouldn't one shot him we've gotta admit that Mecha never took a good atomic blast to the face. A godzilla at full power would be able to land a bunch of hits on Mecha and if the axe charged with energy ripped through him (for reference, Godzilla took that attack to the face and only got knocked out) I think that it's safe to say that Godzilla should be able to take this very high-diff.

While Godzilla wouldn't one shot him we've gotta admit that Mecha never took a good atomic blast to the face. A godzilla at full power would be able to land a bunch of hits on Mecha and if the axe charged with energy ripped through him (for reference, Godzilla took that attack to the face and only got knocked out) I think that it's safe to say that Godzilla should be able to take this very high-diff.
Would he, though? Mechagodzilla's got a bunch of boosters to increase his speed. He was zipping around Godzilla, blindsiding him several times throughout the fight. At full strength, might not be as easy, but it's still a pretty good advantage Mechagodzilla has. Godzilla didn't really take the axe to the face: it's more like the axe was overloaded with energy and the energy burst just before it connected. If the axe had actually hit Godzilla's head, I'm positive it would've sliced his skull in half.

Would he, though? Mechagodzilla's got a bunch of boosters to increase his speed. He was zipping around Godzilla, blindsiding him several times throughout the fight. At full strength, might not be as easy, but it's still a pretty good advantage Mechagodzilla has. Godzilla didn't really take the axe to the face: it's more like the axe was overloaded with energy and the energy burst just before it connected.
As discussed before Godzilla was very much weakened during his fight with MG. Let me remind you that he already burned to the core of the earth and then used up his radiation in his fight with Kong and then got knocked out once and was harmed multiple times during it. He was tired while MG was at full power. Even then MG took some effort to overpower his weakened atomic breath. If normal Godzilla had much more energy at the beginning he should have been enough to overpower it. Basically I think that while MG would still have a mobility and skill advantage, a solid hit from Godzilla's beam is inevitable and would do loads of damage to MG.
If the axe had actually hit Godzilla's head, I'm positive it would've sliced his skull in half.
That's a presumption since we don't fully see what happened and even then i think it's safe to say that an axe charged with the remains of Godzilla's atomic breath which he charged up just barely is far weaker than an axe fully charged with an almost full-power beam

As discussed before Godzilla was very much weakened during his fight with MG. Let me remind you that he already burned to the core of the earth and then used up his radiation in his fight with Kong and then got knocked out once and was harmed multiple times during it. He was tired while MG was at full power. Even then MG took some effort to overpower his weakened atomic breath. If normal Godzilla had much more energy at the beginning he should have been enough to overpower it. Basically I think that while MG would still have a mobility and skill advantage, a solid hit from Godzilla's beam is inevitable and would do loads of damage to MG.
Godzilla was stated to be at half-strength when fighting Mechagodzilla. That's notable, but I don't think it's enough of a difference to compensate for all the other advantages Mechagodzilla has. Directors have also stated that Mechagodzilla could not withstand several full-power Atomic Breathes, not that he couldn't withstand one atomic breath. As I already said before, I believe if their beams clashed, they'd be equal, and then Mechagodzilla would just use his extra weaponry to knock Godzilla off-balance. Mechagodzilla could also just use his boosters to take evasive maneuvers and dodge Godzilla's atomic breath, but it'd be Godzilla to do the same against Mechagodzilla's proton scream.
That's a presumption since we don't fully see what happened and even then i think it's safe to say that an axe charged with the remains of Godzilla's atomic breath which he charged up just barely is far weaker than an axe fully charged with an almost full-power beam
Yes, we do see the explosion that happened when the axe became too charged with energy. Again, it didn't make direct impact. And Kong's axe could indeed cut through Godzilla's flesh. We saw the way that he jabbed it into Godzilla's leg. Kong just didn't get the chance to use it to cut off Godzilla's limbs or head cuz Godzilla threw the axe away from Kong's reach.

Godzilla was stated to be at half-strength when fighting Mechagodzilla. That's notable, but I don't think it's enough of a difference to compensate for all the other advantages Mechagodzilla has. Directors have also stated that Mechagodzilla could not withstand several full-power Atomic Breathes, not that he couldn't withstand one atomic breath. As I already said before, I believe if their beams clashed, they'd be equal, and then Mechagodzilla would just use his extra weaponry to knock Godzilla off-balance. Mechagodzilla could also just use his boosters to take evasive maneuvers and dodge Godzilla's atomic breath, but it'd be Godzilla to do the same against Mechagodzilla's proton scream.
half strength means that base godzilla is 2x as strong as weakened. Their beams were equal for a while only for MG to overpower it over time. This means that the proton scream only upscales from Godzilla's beam and is not equal to the 2x power, meaning that if a beam clash situation occured then MG would be somewhat overpowered (though idk if they would shoot long enough for it to matter so i guess they'd be somewhat matched). One thing to note is that MG doesn't use boosters to dodge long range attacks. He mainly uses them to outspeed and drag around the opponent and otherwise he doesn't mind tanking physical attacks. Finally, he didn't dodge the atomic breath and instead countered it with proton scream. I know this might seem presumptious but we do know that the atomic breath moves somewhat above Godzilla's average physical combat speed and same goes for MG's Proton scream. What I am trying to say is, MG might not be fast enough to dodge an atomic breath (same for godzilla but in this case goji would be the one that's tankier). Additionally his boosters don't activate instantly and they need a moment to charge up, a moment that MG wouldn't have with an atomic breath flying into his face.

half strength means that base godzilla is 2x as strong as weakened. Their beams were equal for a while only for MG to overpower it over time. This means that the proton scream only upscales from Godzilla's beam and is not equal to the 2x power, meaning that if a beam clash situation occured then MG would be somewhat overpowered (though idk if they would shoot long enough for it to matter so i guess they'd be somewhat matched).
That's the point. Even assuming that Godzilla's Atomic Breath is slightly stronger, it's still not enough of an AP advantage for Mechagodzilla to be instantly overpowered. They'd be beam-locked long enough for Mechagodzilla to realize his beam would be outmatched and take the advantage by firing his missiles to knock Godzilla off-balance and let his Proton Scream hit.
One thing to note is that MG doesn't use boosters to dodge long range attacks. He mainly uses them to outspeed and drag around the opponent and otherwise he doesn't mind tanking physical attacks. Finally, he didn't dodge the atomic breath and instead countered it with proton scream. I know this might seem presumptious but we do know that the atomic breath moves somewhat above Godzilla's average physical combat speed and same goes for MG's Proton scream. What I am trying to say is, MG might not be fast enough to dodge an atomic breath (same for godzilla but in this case goji would be the one that's tankier). Additionally his boosters don't activate instantly and they need a moment to charge up, a moment that MG wouldn't have with an atomic breath flying into his face.
Mechagodzilla could still easily adapt and use his boosters to dodge long-range attacks after realizing the necessity of it, or just focus on close-range combat so that Godzilla wouldn't get the chance to use the Atomic Breath.

That's the point. Even assuming that Godzilla's Atomic Breath is slightly stronger, it's still not enough of an AP advantage for Mechagodzilla to be instantly overpowered. They'd be beam-locked long enough for Mechagodzilla to realize his beam would be outmatched and take the advantage by firing his missiles to knock Godzilla off-balance and let his Proton Scream hit.
missiles are useless and like it's not guaranteed that he'd counter with proton scream in time, he could get hit from a different angle or just get hit in general.
Mechagodzilla could still easily adapt and use his boosters to dodge long-range attacks after realizing the necessity of it, or just focus on close-range combat so that Godzilla wouldn't get the chance to use the Atomic Breath.
prove that he can adapt overtime without getting devastated in a few atomic breath shots getting him. Also, who said Godzilla can't use AB in close quarters? He didn't use it in cqc against Kong due to his agility and field advantage and against MG cause he was tired but he used it against MUTOs even while weakened. If this is Goji at his peak he should be able to pull off a few smart moves to get MG.

missiles are useless and like it's not guaranteed that he'd counter with proton scream in time, he could get hit from a different angle or just get hit in general.
They can still stun him, and he's got a missile launcher in his chest. And you could make the opposing argument for Mechagodzilla: what's stopping him from just using his Proton Screams? He can spam them much more than Godzilla can: he's got an unlimited supply of energy he can channel from the Hollow Earth, but Godzilla doesn't. So who's more likely to hit the target from different angles: Godzilla, or Mechagodzilla, the one with the boosters to increase his speed and the one with the learning algorithms that allow him to adapt as he fights? And who's to say that Godzilla wouldn't be devastated by some of Mechagodzilla's Proton Screams? Just one of them was enough to nearly take him down for the count had Kong not saved him, so even if he was at full strength, it'd still wear him down significantly.
prove that he can adapt overtime without getting devastated in a few atomic breath shots getting him. Also, who said Godzilla can't use AB in close quarters? He didn't use it in cqc against Kong due to his agility and field advantage and against MG cause he was tired but he used it against MUTOs even while weakened. If this is Goji at his peak he should be able to pull off a few smart moves to get MG.
Well, as I said, you also prove that Godzilla won't get devastated by a few Proton Screams. Mechagodzilla is just more likely to land his attacks compared to Godzilla, both in close combat and long-ranged combat. Mechagodzilla would be able to use more smart moves compared to Godzilla. I mean, he's got so much more at his disposal, with all his bladed weaponry and buzzsaws. Then there's his tail drill, which he could use as a sneak attack against Godzilla. Point is that Mechagodzilla's got more wincons than Godzilla does, and he'd take in a win after a very long and prolonged battle.

No way godzilla loses this. Isnt it literally canon that the fight would be so much different if godzilla wasnt tired as frick? He also took all of mechagodzillas hits while tired and survived.

No way godzilla loses this. Isnt it literally canon that the fight would be so much different if godzilla wasnt tired as frick? He also took all of mechagodzillas hits while tired and survived.
Just barely. He was literally going to be killed if Kong hadn't arrived on the scene, and it didn't take long for Mechagodzilla to overpower Godzilla. Even if Godzilla was at full power, Mechagodzilla's advantages are still greater.

What do you mean source? It's in the movie. Mechagodzilla was about to use his kiss of death and fire his Proton Beam into Godzilla's mouth, but then Kong came at the last second. That would've undoubtedly killed Godzilla, and even if it hadn't, it would've weakened him to the point he couldn't fight anymore.

source for that? That just an assumption since godzilla tanked all his other attacks while tired
A proton scream directly into Godzilla's less protected insides? You don't need an official statement to assume that would've taken Godzilla out of the fight, even if you believe it wouldn't kill him.

A proton scream directly into Godzilla's less protected insides? You don't need an official statement to assume that would've taken Godzilla out of the fight, even if you believe it wouldn't kill him.
Maybe but since godzilla took all the other damage as nothing in his weakest state makes this match make less sense. Like its official godzilla would win if its his non weakened state

Maybe but since godzilla took all the other damage as nothing in his weakest state makes this match make less sense. Like its official godzilla would win if its his non weakened state
He wasn’t in his “weakest” state. According to statements, he was at about half strength. While that’s noticeable, I don’t believe it would be enough for Godzilla to utterly overpower Mechagodzilla.

Godzilla could still theoretically win after a very tough battle, but all of Mechagodzilla’s amps with Hollow Energy, unlimited stamina, and learning algorithms just make Mechagodzilla seem like the more probable winner.

He wasn’t in his “weakest” state. According to statements, he was at about half strength. While that’s noticeable, I don’t believe it would be enough for Godzilla to utterly overpower Mechagodzilla.
Half strenght and low stamina is not gonna change anything???
Godzilla could still theoretically win after a very tough battle, but all of Mechagodzilla’s amps with Hollow Energy, unlimited stamina, and learning algorithms just make Mechagodzilla seem like the more probable winner.
Godzilla has the AP LS Durability advantages-

Half strenght and low stamina is not gonna change anything???
I'm not saying that it wouldn't change the fight, I'm just saying that even if Godzilla would give Mechagodzilla a tougher fight, after a very long and harrowing battle, Mechagodzilla would barely edge out another win thanks to its advantages.
Godzilla has the AP LS Durability advantages-
Based on what?

I'm not saying that it wouldn't change the fight, I'm just saying that even if Godzilla would give Mechagodzilla a tougher fight, after a very long and harrowing battle, Mechagodzilla would barely edge out another win thanks to its advantages.
Advantages on Stamina and maybe IQ? Wow so much difference that doesnt really matter
Based on what?
Godzilla survives the charged axe to the face
Mechagodzilla gets cut like a paper

Advantages on Stamina and maybe IQ? Wow so much difference that doesnt really matter
Don't forget he's got more ranged weaponry, sharp metal blades on his fingers and other parts of his body, boosters that allow him to outspeed Godzilla in close-range and amp up his attacks with hollow earth energy.
Godzilla survives the charged axe to the face
Mechagodzilla gets cut like a paper
The energy in the axe was overcharged thanks to Godzilla firing his atomic energy at it, causing it to burst just before it could hit Godzilla, and even then, he was still momentarily knocked out. If the axe had actually hit Godzilla's head, his head would've been sliced in half. The axe could still pierce through Godzilla's skin, like when Kong stabbed his leg with the axe and caused him visible pain. Author statements even confirm the full-powered axe could've killed Godzilla.

Don't forget he's got more ranged weaponry
He chose close combat IC
sharp metal blades on his fingers and other parts of his body
Godzilla has better ones since he was able to slice kong with no problem
boosters that allow him to outspeed Godzilla in close-range
Didn't work in the fight it seems
and amp up his attacks with hollow earth energy.
Just closes the AP gap a bit.
The energy in the axe was overcharged thanks to Godzilla firing his atomic energy at it, causing it to burst just before it could hit Godzilla, and even then, he was still momentarily knocked out.
I don't think he was knocked out anyways we all know mechagodzilla wouldn't survive that blast anyway, even if he did godzilla is objectively stronger
If the axe had actually hit Godzilla's head, his head would've been sliced in half. The axe could still pierce through Godzilla's skin, like when Kong stabbed his leg with the axe and caused him visible pain. Author statements even confirm the full-powered axe could've killed Godzilla.
I understand but that doesnt change the fact that a weakened, 0 stamina godzilla still was able to tank his way through all of mechagodzillas attacks and we know what happens when goji actualyl gets serious (The crocodile scene) I cannot see how mechagodzilla who was confirmed to be weaker than a non tired godzilla wins.

He chose close combat IC
Doesn't mean he cannot use it, and he may learn to adapt and use his ranged weaponry if he finds himself outmatched in close combat, which is unlikely.
Godzilla has better ones since he was able to slice kong with no problem
Big difference here. Kong can feel pain, has flesh that can be teared. That's the reason why Godzilla's more animalistic fighting style was so effective in their third round. Mechagodzilla won't feel the pain from his sharp claws, so he won't be hindered the way Kong was.
Didn't work in the fight it seems
It very clearly did work in the fight. He completely dodged and maneuvered around Godzilla, even managing to get behind him with the thrusters.
Just closes the AP gap a bit.
I'd say more than a bit. If Godzilla keeps getting hit with those charged hollow energy punches, it'd really take a toll. A single one of those punches against half-powered Godzilla was enough to make him stagger and take a few moments to recover. If Godzilla gets repeatedly punched with those, it'd be big trouble.
I don't think he was knocked out anyways we all know mechagodzilla wouldn't survive that blast anyway, even if he did godzilla is objectively stronger
There's no reason to assume Mechagodzilla wouldn't have survived that blast. And even assuming that Godzilla is stronger, the strength gap would be extremely slight, and enough for Mechagodzilla to take advantage of the hollow earth energy.
I understand but that doesnt change the fact that a weakened, 0 stamina godzilla still was able to tank his way through all of mechagodzillas attacks and we know what happens when goji actualyl gets serious (The crocodile scene) I cannot see how mechagodzilla who was confirmed to be weaker than a non tired godzilla wins.
He didn't really tank those attacks. Half-powered Godzilla literally lasted only two-three minutes against Mechagodzilla. All it took for Mechagodzilla was three hollow earth-enhanced punches, slamming Godzilla through some buildings, and a single Proton Scream to corner Godzilla enough to administer the killing blow. Again, this was done when Godzilla was at half-power. Yes, Godzilla was drained from his battle with Kong, but it still doesn't change that half-powered Godzilla could be overpowered so quickly. Even with the help of Kong, Mechagodzilla had the advantage and nearly took out Kong too. While admittedly both were at half-strength, .5 + .5 = 1. They only won cuz of Kong's axe, and without it, they very likely would've lost. Point I'm making here is that Mechagodzilla more than held his own against both by himself, and nearly killed both individually. And with all the extra equipment and abilities Mechagodzilla has, it'd give him a narrow victory.

Doesn't mean he cannot use it, and he may learn to adapt and use his ranged weaponry if he finds himself outmatched in close combat, which is unlikely.
He can use it but IC he doesn't abuse the range.
Big difference here. Kong can feel pain, has flesh that can be teared. That's the reason why Godzilla's more animalistic fighting style was so effective in their third round. Mechagodzilla won't feel the pain from his sharp claws, so he won't be hindered the way Kong was.
He doesn't have to feel pain I was just saying Mechagodzillas sharp stuff arent an advantage since godzilla also has those.
It very clearly did work in the fight. He completely dodged and maneuvered around Godzilla, even managing to get behind him with the thrusters.
Right that worked against a tired godzilla.
I'd say more than a bit. If Godzilla keeps getting hit with those charged hollow energy punches, it'd really take a toll. A single one of those punches against half-powered Godzilla was enough to make him stagger and take a few moments to recover. If Godzilla gets repeatedly punched with those, it'd be big trouble.
That is true but since this Goji is not as weak as his tired form he will not take the hits and attack back landing hits himself unlike his battle in the movie
There's no reason to assume Mechagodzilla wouldn't have survived that blast. And even assuming that Godzilla is stronger, the strength gap would be extremely slight, and enough for Mechagodzilla to take advantage of the hollow earth energ
Fair point
He didn't really tank those attacks. Half-powered Godzilla literally lasted only two-three minutes against Mechagodzilla. All it took for Mechagodzilla was three hollow earth-enhanced punches, slamming Godzilla through some buildings, and a single Proton Scream to corner Godzilla enough to administer the killing blow.
He did still tank those attacks didn't he? He didn't bleed nor had an actual injury actually he was still fighting back after all those attacks.
Again, this was done when Godzilla was at half-power. Yes, Godzilla was drained from his battle with Kong, but it still doesn't change that half-powered Godzilla could be overpowered so quickly. Even with the help of Kong, Mechagodzilla had the advantage and nearly took out Kong too. While admittedly both were at half-strength, .5 + .5 = 1. They only won cuz of Kong's axe, and without it, they very likely would've lost. Point I'm making here is that Mechagodzilla more than held his own against both by himself, and nearly killed both individually. And with all the extra equipment and abilities Mechagodzilla has, it'd give him a narrow victory.
The problem you are forgetting is Kong was also tired as heck even more than godzilla. He fought someone stronger than him 3 times was transported all around the world into hollow earth fought that snake things I forgot the name of and had to be revived after godzilla brutally mauled him. How can you expect him to be full power? Basically Kong was like 0.3 (Weaker than godzilla and also tired) Godzilla was 0.5 (Tired as heck) and thats 0.8 with the axe that made this a 1 and they won but if they were full strenght Kong would be like a 0.7 and 1 with the axe Godzilla would be a straight up 1 and they would destroy mechan godzilla. I gotta disagree most of those rockets and etc just made godzilla annoyed.

I disagree with the match a weakened godzilla was durable eough to hande a ton of beating from mechagodzilla maybe even the kiss of death and a full stamina godzilal would wreck him because of the fact that his durability is gonna be higher and he will be able to fight back.

He can use it but IC he doesn't abuse the range.
Neither does Godzilla.
He doesn't have to feel pain I was just saying Mechagodzillas sharp stuff arent an advantage since godzilla also has those.
The point I made is that between the one with the sharp claws who can feel pain vs the one with the sharp claws who can't, who's going to be more hindered by the sharp claws?
Right that worked against a tired godzilla.
There wouldn't be much of a speed difference even with a fully rejuvenated Godzilla, and he could just use more the hollow earth energy to bolster his speed even more.
He did still tank those attacks didn't he? He didn't bleed nor had an actual injury actually he was still fighting back after all those attacks.
Just because he wasn't bleeding doesn't mean he wasn't affected by the attacks. They clearly wore him down even more and left him with barely the energy to fight afterward.
The problem you are forgetting is Kong was also tired as heck even more than godzilla. He fought someone stronger than him 3 times was transported all around the world into hollow earth fought that snake things I forgot the name of and had to be revived after godzilla brutally mauled him. How can you expect him to be full power? Basically Kong was like 0.3 (Weaker than godzilla and also tired) Godzilla was 0.5 (Tired as heck) and thats 0.8 with the axe that made this a 1 and they won but if they were full strenght Kong would be like a 0.7 and 1 with the axe Godzilla would be a straight up 1 and they would destroy mechan godzilla. I gotta disagree most of those rockets and etc just made godzilla annoyed.
The director explicitly stated that both were at about half-power, so your .3 assumption is entirely baseless. Besides, Kong's very durable and has high stamina, so there's no proof that Kong was at less than half strength compared to Godzilla. The rockets still managed to knock Godzilla down and stagger him, so repeated volleys of the rockets would give Mechagodzilla an opening.
I disagree with the match a weakened godzilla was durable eough to hande a ton of beating from mechagodzilla maybe even the kiss of death and a full stamina godzilal would wreck him because of the fact that his durability is gonna be higher and he will be able to fight back.
Again, it wasn't a ton of beating: it was literally just a few punches at most and being thrown through some buildings. It's not like Godzilla endured 10 full-powered, energy-enhanced punches to the face in a row and still fought back without flinching. If that were the case, then I'd be more willing to give Godzilla lee-way, but Mechagodzilla still overpowered him in just a few minutes at half-strength. At full strength, it'd take longer and be a bit harder to land blows, but Mechagodzilla's still got the other advantages going for him that Godzilla doesn't.

In addition, Mechagodzilla has several boosters equipped which can increase his speed and the power of his attacks. He can additionally enhance the power of his punches using hollow earth energy, something that Godzilla can’t do. The razors on his arms and hands would do extra damage if they go into close quarters combat, which would force Godzilla to go on the defensive.

This reasoning makes sense.

Mechagodzilla FRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back