• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Can this page be locked? It's a currently controversial character that has been suffering vandalism as of late.

Does anyone know if there's a way to delete our own Sandbox pages? I've made a lot of different sandbox pages for characters and simply removed their content when I had finished with them. But the pages still exist so I'm wondering if there's a way for a user to remove their own sandboxes.

Only sysops, content moderators, and Fandom staff can delete sandbox pages.

Does anyone know if there's a way to delete our own Sandbox pages? I've made a lot of different sandbox pages for characters and simply removed their content when I had finished with them. But the pages still exist so I'm wondering if there's a way for a user to remove their own sandboxes.
You can post a list of sandboxes on my wall, and I will delete them for you.

The Naruto and Marvel threads have been locked by others, and I asked about the Bleach thread.

I think we need an official Versus Thread and CRT Thread promotion thread. Our old forum showed active CRTs in a sidebar, but our forum does not do this (At least in a way that people can generally access), meaning new threads greatly struggle to gain traction. While the former exists, it has virtually no popularity due to the aforementioned issues, defeating the entire purpose.

We should most likely make a thread for the promotion of Versus and CRT threads (Separately, of course) and then recommend members subscribe to it. That way new Versus Threads and CRTs can be seen without people needing to actively look for them.

I think we need an official Versus Thread and CRT Thread promotion thread. Our old forum showed active CRTs in a sidebar, but our forum does not do this (At least in a way that people can generally access), meaning new threads greatly struggle to gain traction. While the former exists, it has virtually no popularity due to the aforementioned issues, defeating the entire purpose.

We should most likely make a thread for the promotion of Versus and CRT threads (Separately, of course) and then recommend members subscribe to it. That way new Versus Threads and CRTs can be seen without people needing to actively look for them.
Shouldn't we make a staff discussion thread about it first? Though, it sounds like a good idea to me

I had one.

But it was necro'd to oblivion

Anybody can scroll the respective sub-forums for thread titles that seem interesting or important, and staff members can notify knowledgeable members about content revision threads. I think that much fewer members would regularly check through a specific thread for this than just scroll the above-mentioned sub-forums. As such, it seems like an unnecessary effort.

However if people want such a thing, they can do it like Tempest did on general discussion board. I don't have a problem if some of you guys want a specific thread which you can subscribe to where you can post your vs threads or crts to promote them. As long as you don't expect staff to patrol it and don't cause any trouble based on certain threads, that is.

The thing is, matchups simply struggle to gain traction here. With CRTs you can call on knowledgeable members, but are you supposed to contact every supporter and opponent?

A matchup like Kirby vs Sephiroth, something using two popular characters on the website, one of which has been trending on the wiki for some time, should logically have become rather popular. However, only two people aside from the OP have seen it. On the old forum this would have attracted far more attention. As the forum is right now, Versus Threads simply don't work because there isn't enough people seeing them passively. These same issues mean a promotion thread wouldn't work unless it was promoted by the wiki itself, because people need to click a button to see new threads. While clicking a button seems simple and easy, a lot of people simply wouldn't bother to do so.

Last edited:
Well, this is also something @Sir_Ovens brought up with me. It might help if we start adding the discussions template to character pages as well so that people can click it and see all the threads regarding that specific character. I'll agree it won't be the same as the old forum, and if you want to create a thread to promote vs matches that's fine too, but I am open to more suggestions so that matches can get traction.

Well, this is also something @Sir_Ovens brought up with me. It might help if we start adding the discussions template to character pages as well so that people can click it and see all the threads regarding that specific character. I'll agree it won't be the same as the old forum, and if you want to create a thread to promote vs matches that's fine too, but I am open to more suggestions so that matches can get traction.
There could simply be a link on each profile such as this one: https://vsbattles.com/tags/Mario/ for each character.
This is obviously immensely harder said than done, but it would benefit the entire wiki as well as affect the entire wiki, so it might be worth it.

Though, this topic is definitely important enough to get its own Staff Discussion thread, and probably shouldn't clutter the request thread.

It would definitely benefit, but... how many profiles do we have?
Wouldn't a bot be able to handle it? I have to admit that cleaning up the text of the list of Category:Characters to list over 15,000 pages for the bot to do it could very easily be tiring, however.

Last edited:
Wouldn't a bot be able to handle it? I have to admit that cleaning up the text of the list of Category:Charactrs to list over 15,000 pages for the bot to do it could very easily be tiring, however.
We have bots?????

We have bots?????
Of course, how do you think the revision that changed '''Standard Equipment:''' to '''[Standard Equipment]:''' (Yes, there was a long time where we didn't have that page and stuff was left vague) worked so well with every character profile?
It also should be added to the standard page formats so this remains being the case on futurely made pages, to stay consistent in the long run.

Last edited:
The Bots should place the {{Discussions}} template links right above the categories at the bottom of the character profile pages though. Otherwise they will get mixed up in the middle of the categories as soon as any new ones are added, which creates sloppy and incoherent page structures.

I don't think that is possible. It could be added right before the ==Others== section where we add matches but it won't look good. Otherwise, it would just have to go to the bottom of the page.

Can't your automated MassEdit program find where the first "[[Category:" part of the pages begin, and insert the tags template right before that?

If not, perhaps you can ask our wiki manager, Ursuul, if he has any ideas how to handle it? He is very technically competent.

Can't your automated MassEdit program find where the first "[[Category:" part of the pages begin, and insert the tags template right before that?
It won't find the first occurrence of "[[Category:", it will find all of them and add the template in front of all of those occurrences.

Ah. That would obviously be extremely bad.

I still recommend asking Ursuul though. He is very knowledgeable about these types of things.

Are you sure? You can still just keep your blog in case it is ever needed in the future?

Back