• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Semi-Perfect Cell Self-Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku might have died due to lack of air after the planet got exploded, since that's what happened in RoF, when Frieza killed SSB Vegeta by blowing up Earth before Whis rewinded time despite him being exhausted and only in base form

The anime shows goku getting deleted, does the manga show anything like that?

Air is everywhere so no, it was the explosion, that was the whole implication of the scene, plus i'm pretty sure cell regenerated immediately after that so goku should've still been alive even without air.

Yes, Goku got deleted even in the manga. He definitely died due to the explosion, air isn't a problem in the afterlife.

Bump

Honestly, I see no problem with Semi-Perfect Cell being High 4-C with Self-Destruction, it implied that this was his last resort (at least in this form) and absolutely does not scale Cell's normal AP, since in this form, his normal power is much inferior to 2nd Grade Super Saiyan Vegeta, who in turn is much weaker than FPSSJ Goku, who he managed to kill via his Self-Destruction

It's like a similar case where DBS Android 17 AP is Low 2-C via Self-Destruction but his normal AP is 3-A (Yes, I know very well it's not the best example, but it still counts)

Last edited:
I asked for the thread to be moved, but wait before applying the changes, once it gets moved.

The explosion outright killing Goku makes sense, but wasn't Goku also significantly weakened from fighting Perfect Cell and later from fighting a Cell Jr?

Goku was exhausted and weaker than the Cell Juniors at the time, but I doubt his tier dropped.
If push comes to shove, a "far higher with Self-Destruction" always works.
Well. In the anime, Goku was exhausted and weakened to the point that he was implied to be weaker than Yamcha and Tien Shinhan by Piccolo.

In the manga there's no mention of it, though.
Goku was indeed worn out, but he still had enough energy to keep the ssj on and barely fight the Cell Jrs., but I don't think, which are still really strong, most likely not as Cell but not even too distant.

Correction: Goku was getting stomped,while Trunks and Vegeta were fighting back, even though they weren't on par with the Jrs.

Yeah. Goku clearly wasn't anywhere near his peak, but since the anime is not canon. I guess the argument that his tier shouldn't be dropped even when he is extremely weakened can be made. Though, I remember that in DB, when you're in a highly fatigued state and extremely weakened, you can be harmed by weaker people with lower tiers.

Okay. I suppose that an upgrade is probably unreliable then.

Can you provide the chapter where it happens, my memory is a little hazy on it.

Anime is not canon. I can't find anywhere in the manga where there's any indication that Goku ate a senzu bean.

Gohan gave Trunks the Senzu Beans in the previous chapter, but everyone's wounds remains as if Trunks neglected to give anyone a Bean.

EDIT: Their wounds actually vanish in 217, leaving only the blood from their lips so yeah, I think they ate a Senzu.

Trunks was told to give everyone a senzu, fast forward to when Gohan is injured Krillin says they're out of senzu beans, plus as they said above everyone is healed from their injuries.

Plus it be kinda dumb that he didn't give Goku a senzu

Okay. It seems reasonable that Trunks gave Goku a Senzu bean then. However, if we are not certain, a "likely" statistic should probably be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back