• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

I see no reason why the discussion cannot happen there.
Because the thread was rejected by staff and reached a conclusion that staff was satisfied with, and you're attempting to reopen it to both a) Perpetuate a settled discussion and b) try to bring up an entirely separate issue. Are we done here now?

Because the thread was rejected by staff and reached a conclusion that staff was satisfied with, and you're attempting to reopen it to both a) Perpetuate a settled discussion and b) try to bring up an entirely separate issue. Are we done here now?
Only @Antvasima was satisfied, who is a single admin and I was not given a chance to counter, along with many of my arguments being ignored. The thread isn't settled until-

1: A chance is given to counter
2: 3 admins(at least more than one) are satisfied
3: We discuss the ignored arguments

Ah, so we will go the route of "dragging this out for eternity because you can't accept being proven wrong." Splendid.

KLOL is part of the calculation group. Why would you seek his input on forum rules rather than a thread mod or an admin?

I don't see the relevance in this, why I asked him does not change what he said, which is what's relevant
The point is that KLOL's thoughts on the matter aren't particularly important.

But I went and asked Ovens as well and he said this-
Did you link him to the thread and explain the full context or did you simply give a hypothetical that left out the relevant details?

Can someone delete this verse page? It's been merged with the main RWBY verse page

Can someone delete this verse page? It's been merged with the main RWBY verse page
I handled it.

Color me shocked.
I gave him a link to this thread, so he might respond later, but I don't see the issue with a hypothetical here. Your argument about Dr. Fate was really only agreed by Antvasima alone, who himself didn't do much of a verification. Firestorm definitely could have responded after, what context exactly do you think I hid?

We cannot continue to argue indefinitely about the same topics in a war of attrition until everybody throw up their hands into the air in frustration.

I thought that we had already very thoroughly discussed all of the relevant topics in that thread and that we were extremely unlikely to get any more staff input.

I thought that we had already very thoroughly discussed all of the relevant topics in that thread and that we were extremely unlikely to get any more staff input.
This is wrong. Deagonx presented new arguments which we were not given a chance to counter, Firestorm did not get a chance to evaluate his argument on Dr. Fate(and we didn't get a chance to counter), and the discussion on some Batman feats I presented was not done, along with many more.

We cannot continue to argue indefinitely about the same topics in a war of attrition until everybody throw up their hands into the air in frustration.
Agreed. Particularly his constant leveraging of the "controversial revision" rule strikes me as bad faith, given that he is almost constantly making Tier 1 and Tier 2 threads and using it to demand further staff input when they are rebutted. And given that the two of them seem to always drag out a debate ad infinitum, the cost-of-entry for an outside staff member to get acquainted with the full discussion becomes too high to be feasible which makes the "three staff members" requirement unrealistic, which I believe is the goal.

Overall, I think a more critical look at a topic ban is warranted towards the Transcendings. They only just got unbanned for vote manipulation and attempting to manipulate the staff, and both before and after the ban they've been starting up constant exhausting bickering in all the comic threads they participate in, and to wit there's been close to a dozen rejected Tier 1 and Tier 2 CRTs. I am not eager to start our Phase 3 of the Cosmology Revisions only to be dragged into a similar fiasco with them once again.

You see this is why you tackle on feat at a time, instead of trying to tackle every feat for about 20 pages cause both of ya'll can never come to an agreement
The problem is, any discussion about any feat perpetuates never-endingly when they are involved. They never concede a single point no matter how thoroughly they're debunked. It only ever ends with staff intervention.

The problem is, any discussion about any feat perpetuates never-endingly when they are involved. They never concede a single point no matter how thoroughly they're debunked. It only ever ends with staff intervention.
I have similar experiences in some of the threads that they have contributed to, yes.

Well, what topics did we not cover already in that thread?
They want to argue for a Low 1-C Doctor Fate, and I pointed out that this would require a new profile entirely since our only Doctor Fate profile is classic fate. They said they want that to be argued in the original thread even though it wasn't about that, so I don't see why they won't just start a new thread than try to string together several different topics.

They also had some feats they wanted to evaluate for Batman's intelligence. I didn't find them convincing, but again, it's not even relevant to the original topic they made the thread for, so a new thread should be made, not reopening that thread.

1 and 2 were covered. 3 and 4 are entirely separate matters and if an argument is to be made for them then a new thread can be made. Lex already has possibly Supergenius so I don't see the issue.

This is not true, I have conceded before multiple times, even to you(contrary to that, I don't remember you ever conceding in the wiki). And it's not up to you to decide if we were thoroughly debunked.

1: Whether Jim Corrigan should have his "Superior to Nabu"
I think that Deagonx repeatedly countered that.
2: BWL's intelligence rating
I think that we discussed that extensively as well.
3: Batman's intelligence rating
Ditto.
4: Lex Luthor's intelligence rating
Also ditto.

If those are the only topics, then we have already dealt with them to extremes and cannot spend endless amounts of time on them in order to indulge you.

1 and 2 were covered. 3 and 4 are entirely separate matters and if an argument is to be made for them then a new thread can be made. Lex already has possibly Supergenius so I don't see the issue.
1 and 2 weren't covered. You presented some arguments yes, but we were not given a chance to counter, and for Dr. Fate, Antvasima assumed you were right about everything you said and no one else gave an evaluation. Firestorm previously, I will note, agreed with removing "Superior to Nabu".

3 and 4 aren't separate matters, the thread was made to cover the proposals I made in the DC General discussion thread, and @Antvasima himself was fine with us discussing Lex Luthor/Batman. In fact, both Batman and Lex were upgraded in the thread once.. They are completely relevant.

Deagon presented some new scans which we were not given a chance to counter.

Refer above.
Well, his arguments seemed conclusive to me at the time at least.
What? My arguments weren't discussed, they were ignored.
There isn't much to discuss. Lex and regular Batman do not have sufficiently high feats to get straight supergenius statistics.

This is not the right place to have a long derailing argument in any case. You will have to be able to accept that your threads will not all be accepted without repeatedly starting further arguments about it afterwards.

My arguments weren't discussed, they were ignored.
They were read, and disagreed with. Not every single statement you make needs to be quoted and responded to in order for it to be evaluated. The never-ending back and forth is not productive and rarely ever adds any new information that needs to be considered, it's just a circular repeating of opinions.

Well, his arguments seemed conclusive to me at the time at least.
Exactly, just to you, and that too without seeing our counters. You assumed the opposition's argument was perfect and closed the thread.
There isn't much to discuss. Lex and regular Batman do not have sufficiently high feats to get straight supergenius statistics.
Can you discuss the feats before coming to a conclusion?

Exactly, just to you, and that too without seeing our counters. You assumed the opposition's argument was perfect and closed the thread.
Can you discuss the feats before coming to a conclusion?

Such a discussion is guaranteed to repeat circularly for pages and pages, the same way this very discussion is, because you try to challenge even the most basic logical inferences endlessly if they are inconvenient to your desired conclusion. At the same time, you present your personal theories and opinions as the default position and claim that others must prove an alternative in order to disagree with it. The way you conduct discussions is exhausting to deal with and often toxic. You're not going to hold the wiki staff hostage with a constant torrent of nonsense. Ant was right to close the thread, and you need to seriously re-examine your engagement with this community. This is not Quora or Discord. We are not here to argue for the sake of arguing.

Well, if you can genuinely provide evidence for that Lex and Bruce can freely warp reality almost any way they wish with their inventions and also reach up to an at least tier 2 scale with them, in combination, I am willing to reopen the thread in question, but otherwise it should remain locked.

Well, if you can genuinely provide evidence for that Lex and Bruce can freely warp reality almost any way they wish with their inventions and also reach up to an at least tier 2 scale with them, in combination, I am willing to reopen the thread in question, but otherwise it should remain locked.
And tbh, even if such evidence can be found, it would be more prudent to just start a new thread. That thread is titled "Trigon downgrade, and Nabu and TBWL Upgrade." There's no reason to use it as the primary venue for a Lex Luthor and Batman intelligence upgrade.

Such a discussion is guaranteed to repeat circularly for pages and pages, the same way this very discussion is, because you try to challenge even the most basic logical inferences endlessly if they are inconvenient to your desired conclusion. At the same time, you present your personal theories and opinions as the default position and claim that others must prove an alternative in order to disagree with it. The way you conduct discussions is exhausting to deal with and often toxic. You're not going to hold the wiki staff hostage with a constant torrent of nonsense. Ant was right to close the thread, and you need to seriously re-examine your engagement with this community. This is not Quora or Discord. We are not here to argue for the sake of arguing.
That is correct, yes. The Transcendings are not genuinely toxic as far as I have noticed, but they are so relentlessly stubborn and argumentative that they are very tiresome to deal with sometimes.

And tbh, even if such evidence can be found, it would be more prudent to just start a new thread. That thread is titled "Trigon downgrade, and Nabu and TBWL Upgrade." There's no reason to use it as the primary venue for a Lex Luthor and Batman intelligence upgrade.
Okay. Never mind then.

It's not guaranteed to go in circles, if we get a chance to counter, and more staff than just Antvasima(for example 3) reject the thread, then we allow the thread to be closed. You are not even giving us a chance to write a counter and simply attacking us.
Plus this is ignoring the fact two staff(KLOL and Ovens) confirmed the thread can be opened for input from more staff.

Back