• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Here after explaining what each one is, the rock value is put on these, the pulverization says 214.35 J/cc...
In the table it says 214 J/cc
After reviewing the only one of the links that talks about the pulverization of the rock, it seems that the correct one would be the one without decimals (the first of the links under the table of values)
@DontTalkDT

Would you be willing to verify and correct this if necessary, please?

@Antvasima If a character is an in-verse cheater, does that mean that character can work around restrictions placed on match-ups?
Lets say a character uses equipment/technology inverse and that is restricted, could that character bend around that restriction to say only equipment that give them a combat advantage such as an AP or speed bump isn't allowed?
I am not sure. Sorry. Versus threads are not my area of interest.

I ask permission to rename Magica de Spell to Magica De Spell (DuckTales), since the profile covers her version from that series, which isn't the original one, as she first appeared in Carl Barks' comics.
Her tabber and related links would be modified accordingly.

I'm looking at this link here, and I'm confused by the wording? Angle of attack? Is there really any angle of attack if your simply cushing a bone in your hand? And not all bones are the same shape, and some parts of a bone are thicker than others, and what if a character crushes multiple bones at once like ones in a wrist?

ds01003_ds00971_im02621_mcdc7_carpal_bones_jpg.jpg

Thank you for helping out. What about the following page? Shouldn't it become a disambiguation page as well?

@Mariogoods

Here are some comparatively minor issues that I found in my community to-do-list:

Language cleanup is necessary, so it turns more formal:

The Elsword pages seem to be scaled to 4-A from a creation feat without evidence that it scales to physical power:

Can somebody investigate if these pages contain guesswork statistics please?

Help with all of the above would be very appreciated.
Also, I think that we still need to get this handled.

I'm looking at this link here, and I'm confused by the wording? Angle of attack? Is there really any angle of attack if your simply cushing a bone in your hand? And not all bones are the same shape, and some parts of a bone are thicker than others, and what if a character crushes multiple bones at once like ones in a wrist?

ds01003_ds00971_im02621_mcdc7_carpal_bones_jpg.jpg
If you're crushing it by compressing, wouldn't you just use compressive strength of bone instead on the volume of the amount of bone you're crushing?

The angle of attack is explicitly for attacks involving blows or kicks at steep angles, not for slow crushing via compression.

Here after explaining what each one is, the rock value is put on these, the pulverization says 214.35 J/cc...
In the table it says 214 J/cc
After reviewing the only one of the links that talks about the pulverization of the rock, it seems that the correct one would be the one without decimals (the first of the links under the table of values)
Yeah I always wondered where the .35 value came from. Either way, not an overwhelmingly big change. Doubt most calcs would need to be changed, it's a 1.00164x difference.

If you're crushing it by compressing, wouldn't you just use compressive strength of bone instead on the volume of the amount of bone you're crushing?

The angle of attack is explicitly for attacks involving blows or kicks at steep angles, not for slow crushing via compression.
What is the compressive strength of bone then?

Yeah I always wondered where the .35 value came from. Either way, not an overwhelmingly big change. Doubt most calcs would need to be changed, it's a 1.00164x difference.
If I unlock the page, would you be willing to update it?

Aye. I would.
Thank you for helping out. I have unlocked the page for you. Tell me here when you are done.
Destruction energy value, more appropriate place is the Table of Destruction Values. It's widely accepted AFAIK.
Okay. Perhaps you should add it to that table while performing the above-mentioned edit then? Or should we ask DontTalk first?

Thank you for helping out. I have unlocked the page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Perhaps you should add it to that table while performing the above-mentioned edit then? Or should we ask DontTalk first?
Sorry for the delay, I was taxed out last night. I'll carry out the edits for therock pulv stuff.

As for the bone, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask DT. I'll ask him on the message wall and then tag him here once he responds.

@KLOL506 Somehow according to here, the compressive strength of bone is 170 J/cc
Ah, I screwed up. I mixed 106 with my wikipedia link, which also says 170 MPa.

Anyways, the skull calc uses the same wikipedia link as I did low-end frag strength (Low-end shear strength) would be 51.6 MPa, 104-121 is tensile strength but we need shear strength (Which is 0.6x that of tensile strength) so v. frag is usually 62.4-72.6 MPa for v. frag (High-end shear strength or low-end compressive strength is used for v. frag), and maximum compressive strength is 170 MPa.

It has always been 3-C, no?

In any case, it says the following;
Spun an entire galaxy by using her wind brush power
(timestamp)

Not sure about this one, but in general, you don't always need a calcs for certain tiers. But this feat does seems somewhat sus, along with most of the ratings for the verse. Tho it is quite an outdated verse from what I can see. Last proper update was years ago

Sorry for the delay, I was taxed out last night. I'll carry out the edits for therock pulv stuff.

As for the bone, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask DT. I'll ask him on the message wall and then tag him here once he responds.
No problem.

@DontTalkDT

Would you be willing to take a look here please?

Seems it was changed without a revision here, but went below the radar. She should be changed back to 4-B.

Edit: I checked just in case. Apparently, her upgrade to 3-C was accepted here
It is probably best if we continue with the Okami discussion in the thread linked above then.

No problem.

@DontTalkDT

Would you be willing to take a look here please?
Seems ok from what I'm seeing. I don't remember if there was a source that gave a more precise value or something, so going with what we're given in that blog should be the right move.

Seems ok from what I'm seeing. I don't remember if there was a source that gave a more precise value or something, so going with what we're given in that blog should be the right move.
Pulv. value has been fixed accordingly.

You think I should make a blog for the bone stuff so that you can evaluate it and then I can add it to the Table of Destruction Values page?

Back