• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

Well, if it is very important for you to keep the key, I suppose that we can restore it if you wish. It doesn't seem like a very big deal either way after all.
No point. My issue is less with the key and more with the fact that this did not need to be made public and that this was not something worth making a big deal over. My issue is the logic behind this fiasco in the first place. Like I said, this entire situation revolved around making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Breaking a unspoken rule just for personal preference does set a bad precedent, however.

And why should we keep that just because there's no direct complaints beyond mine? The forum is even stated to be meant to "discuss how to properly index the statistics of characters from a wide variety of different fictional franchises.", and this isn't a way to properly index anything whatsoever as it serves no real purpose for a visitor, you're really trying to keep something uselessly redundant just for the sake of it.

Breaking a unspoken rule just for personal preference does set a bad precedent, however.

And why should we keep that just because there's no direct complaints beyond mine? The forum is even stated to be meant to "discuss how to properly index the statistics of characters from a wide variety of different fictional franchises.", and this isn't a way to properly index anything whatsoever as it serves no real purpose for a visitor, you're really trying to keep something uselessly redundant just for the sake of it.
Sorry for talking about this, but what exactly is the issue? I saw the previous comments but i didnt understood

Sorry for the double post, but as I'm sure this is minor enought ironically...

This profile was made with a key section.

The problem? It has only a single key, and in fact that fits the formatting given there's only a single tier section for the purposes of this page, the issue is that this detail goes against the Standard Format for Character Profiles, respectively:

"For characters who have transformation stages/power-ups or who become stronger through certain points of the story, insert those transformations/power-ups/timelines here in bold."

Given the plural around here, it's clear that the Key section isn't meant for pages that would only have a single section, and it's understandable why, it's redundant and useless, yet some users like @Dragonmasterxyz argue off-site that it's not a big deal to break a standard just because it makes the job easier for a future CRT, except that as he said, this area is so minor for a revision it could also be removed without issue, not more than 10 seconds are realistically saved in editing with this., and in fact can give issues when editing.

Therefore, perhaps the Standard Format of Characters Profiles should also say that the Key section shouldn't be added to characters that would only have a single one in the first place?
The convo started here

No point. My issue is less with the key and more with the fact that this did not need to be made public and that this was not something worth making a big deal over. My issue is the logic behind this fiasco in the first place. Like I said, this entire situation revolved around making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Okay. Understood.

this is really unimportant bobsican. it's not an unspoken rule, and it's not a bad precedent because it's so ******* minor you might as well be making crts to fix a typo in a locked profile

I was about to replace the category and I noticed that Ant already did that. Well, thanks.

this is really unimportant bobsican. it's not an unspoken rule, and it's not a bad precedent because it's so ******* minor you might as well be making crts to fix a typo in a locked profile

I am afraid that I agree with Bobsican about that we should not use single statistics keys at the bottom of profile pages, for the sake of consistency. This has been a self-evident unspoken rule so far, but I suppose we can write it down somewhere if necessary. My apologies Dragonmasterxyz.
Ant straight up confirmed it being a unspoken rule.
That being said, there's no point on arguing this further, but this clarification had to be done just in case.

Dragon, drop it. You're complaining of it being made a big deal when it shouldn't be yet you're clearly making it one by constantly replaying with increasingly longer answers. It's an extremely minor thing, but the proper formatting is what Bobsican is saying, the key section being there when there's only a single one isn't what the Standard for Profiles dictates. If you seriously think this isn't a big issue, stop its pursuit and drop the argument.

I didn’t want to get involved, and with all due respect, but this is just plain childish and annoying behavior coming from a staff member.

Yeah, you're right. My argumentative nature is getting the better of me and my professionalism. I am ironically the one dragging this on. I apologize and will drop it for good. Accusing Bob of dragging it on while I am ranting and raving over a small issue. Once again, I apologize.

I'll remove the posts clogging this thread.

Yeah, you're right. My argumentative nature is getting the better of me and my professionalism. I am ironically the one dragging this on. I apologize and will drop it for good. Accusing Bob of dragging it on while I am ranting and raving over a small issue. Once again, I apologize.

I'll remove the posts clogging this thread.
Yeah, it's all good. Just don't lose your shit my guy lol.

Back