• If you appreciate the VS Battles wiki, and can afford it, please make a donation to help keep our forum running, so we can continue to work hard to improve on the reliability of our wiki profile pages. If you want to be anonymous, don't enter your real name when you donate.

Please click here if you are willing to help out.

All-purpose request thread - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I think that I took care of it, although I may have misunderstood.

The only person who risks being blocked from that thread is you. You blatantly ignored all the arguements. All the chaos on the thread was caused by you directly.

If a mod is willing to give me a "warning", sure thing, but don't overlook Smashor's multitudes of insulting and act like only the "person with the most edits" can be rational.

I never said the person with the most edits is the only rational one. I said I had more experience and that you were fundamentally misunderstanding what Composite Human meant. I was pointing out that I had more knowldge about the wiki in general then you, and that you might want to reconsider your stance on what Composite Human is, as it disagrees with literally the entire wiki.

Ant. One single person was ruining that thread for everyone. I trust your judgement more then anyone else on this site, but I feel that was unnecessary.

At the very least could you or someone else with authority explain how Composite Human works to DnW0 so this never happens again?

The most charismatic person in the world vs someone who is, mentally, a normal teenager. Human is also more then capable of incap. The main deciding factor of the match was how in character EE was for Monika, until somebody fundamentally misunderstood how Composite Human worked and turned it into, well, yeah.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3521676

Overwatch revisions that have been going toxic for a long while now. And an admin trying to stone wall a revision that lowers a verse they support.

Oh boy, what could go wrong?

I wouldn't close it, but something needs to be done. The argument has gone circular for upwards of a thread + 250 posts, and while I said it more crudely myself in the thread, it's for a very specific reason.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I will check, but would appreciate help from other staff members, as I am already very tired and overworked.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Knight

You preferably need a calculation for destroying the battleship.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
He has temporary discussion moderator rights.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Could an Admin possibly take a couple minutes to go through these unused categories and delete ones that need to be deleted?: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:UnusedCategories

There are only 31 in the list. I'd do it myself but deleting categories isn't an option for me.

Some of them are just outdated, and others are no longer being used due to the associated verses/profiles being deleted.

Skalt711

VS Battles
Retired
@Damage3245

Rappers category can probably be kept for future profiles if any fictional rappers are being added to the wiki. Not sure about the White Hole Users category because Animus from Metroid can manipulate white holes, but I think that this category should go down, as it doesn't represent any power in the wiki at all. The rest of the unused categories can go down.

Any input would be appreciated.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The problem is that not even bureaucrats seem to have the ability to just delete unused categories in this manner.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Really? Hmm. Maybe we just need to delete all material from the category and it will be removed from the list and considered to be deleted.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
That might be an idea, but I am already very busy, and do not have the time to open and delete all of the listed category pages.

Maybe somebody else is willing to help?

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
It's not urgent. Would just be nice to tidy them up.

It is odd that you don't have the ability to delete the category themselves though, unless you mean you can't just mass-delete them and they can still be deleted individually?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The category pages can be deleted individually, but I do not know for certain if the categories will disappear because of it.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Acausals, which has been replaced by Acausal Characters which he already has. The old one needs to be removed though.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Thanks. I apologize in advance if need to put a few more requests on here during today.

I'm going down the list of categories right to check for any outdated/redundant categories and to compile a list of all the verses that are missing a Verse page.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. I am likely too busy to be of much help though, and it is hard to find knowledgeable people to create verse pages for you.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
No worries. The list of missing verse pages is intended to help with the current auditing project. No immediate action is necessary for them, but it will be useful to have a relatively complete list.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
It seems better to create a separate request thread for that though.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
The only requests I'll need to make here is if profiles need to be unlocked to fix problems.

Unless there is a separate thread for that?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I thought that you would request that we create verse pages for you here.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that. I was just stating I was making a list for all the missing verse pages so that it can be handled as part of the audit at a later date.

But as I'm doing that, I sometimes notice categories that need to be removed from profiles. If there's any on locked profiles then I'll request the change here.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I can fix the blog, but are you certain about Mannimarco? He sounds like a really evil character.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
@Antvasima; the Villain Characters category is an obsolete one that has been replaced with "Villains" which Mannimarco already has.

I've removed the obsolete castegory from a dozen other profiles, but Mannimarco's is the only one that is locked.

Alternatively you could replace it with "Evil Characters" which is still a valid category.

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Thanks.

As a side note, I've had a couple ideas about how to better organize some of the existing categories as a result of going down through the list of them. I'll try and draft a simple proposal for them and leave it on your message wall for you to review later.

Colonel_Krukov

VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Thread Moderator
Content Moderator
Image Helper
Okay, my bad. I've been away for awhile. Either that or I just don't remember well.

Also while we're on the subject why Does Richtofen have 9-C AP physically without the One Inch Punch when he he has 9-B striking strength without it?

I don't know where to ask without causing trouble so I came here.

Someone knows where I can find the page that says the amount of edits a page has gone through?

I should have worded that better. I had a brain fart while writing that. Sorry.

What I mean is see the pages in order to see which ones have the largest amount of edits, I know there is a way because I saw it once but I don't know who linked it.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Krukov

We updated our rules a while back.

@Tony

I do not know. Sorry.

@Gewsbumpz

I replied.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.