• If you appreciate the VS Battles wiki, and can afford it, please make a donation to help keep our forum running, so we can continue to work hard to improve on the reliability of our wiki profile pages. If you want to be anonymous, don't enter your real name when you donate.

Please click here if you are willing to help out.

All-purpose request thread - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@InfiniteSped

I have unlocked it. Tell me here when you are done.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Bobsican

From what I recall, RailWAM is not updated automatically, but rather continuously has to be taken time to manage, nor does it show an archived history beyond when it was first added, so it is not very convenient at all.

I might have misunderstood though.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, you can ask Promestein and A6colute about it if you wish. However, I have regularly followed our WAM score for a long time, and it has been steady around 99.35 to 99.59 (today's value btw) for quite a while now.

AKM sama

God of Hammers
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
I don't think it's necessary. I also keep track of our WAM score and we are consistently around the 10-12th position (with little ups and downs sometimes).

AKM sama

God of Hammers
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Yeah. We were #14 yesterday so that's a good jump.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Anyway, I asked, and in order to get a thorough RailWAM graph, we would have to manually update it once every day, which would turn quite tiresome in the long run.

@Ant: The speed has been changed, but Nepuko also got the Ancient Realm key back to High 1-B, since the CRT specified that "countless" meant "infinite" in that particular context (at least from what the guy they asked said).

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Can you clarify why "countless" should be interpreted as "infinite", both here and within the profile page?

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
Countless usually just means a big number that can't be specifically calculated, it doesn't mean infinite by default unless there's another statement with context of meaning infinite.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
If we are just going by the word of somebody we don't know, interpreting countless as infinite seems unreliable.

Do any other ISSTH pages need to be rescaled from this?

Zaratthustra

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Image Helper
Antvasima said:
If we are just going by the word of somebody we don't know, interpreting countless as infinite seems unreliable.
Do any other ISSTH pages need to be rescaled from this?
I also explained the use of countless through the story in the first CRT made. Here's the photo - HERE.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Zaratthustra

Well, I suppose that it should probably be fine then, but you need to link to that scan within the profile page in order to provide evidence.

Saying this after the CRT was accepted by 2 green names (and even you Ant) is a bit "uncool", but anyway...

Bro Ant, if you still have anything more to say about the subject, is it possible to continue this in the CRT? Unless you'd like this thread to be an Er Gen one... owo

Also, I dunno if this is relevant or not but Mariogoods is on the Multilingual members list...

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
See my last post. I think that this issue has been solved already.

Antvasima said:
See my last post. I think that this issue has been solved already.
Ah, sorry, I didn't refresh the page before posting so I missed them XD.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and have a nice day!

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I would like to request help with inserting the following tabber into all of the pages featuring different versions of Godzilla. I began to do so myself, but only reached about 1/3rd of the way. The previous one obviously has to be replaced with the new version.

{{Tab2|maintext = Godzilla|link1 = Godzilla (Original)|tab1 = Original|tab2 = Showa|link2 = Godzilla (Showa)|tab3 = Heisei|link3 = Godzilla (Heisei)|tab4 = Millennium|link4 = Godzilla (Millennium)|tab5 = MonsterVerse|link5 = Godzilla (MonsterVerse)|tab6 = Shin|link6 = Shin Godzilla}} {{Tab2|link1 = Godzilla Earth|tab1 = Earth|tab2 = Marvel|link2 = Godzilla (Marvel)|tab3 = Dark Horse|link3 = Godzilla (Dark Horse Comics)|tab4 = IDW|link4 = Godzilla (IDW)|tab5 = Godzilla In Hell|link5 = Godzilla (Godzilla In Hell)|tab6 = Rage Across Time|link6 = Godzilla (Godzilla: Rage Across Time)}} {{Tab2|link1 = Godzilla (Hanna Barbera)|tab1 = Hanna Barbera|tab2 = Godzilla-Kun|link2 = Godzilla-Kun|tab3 = Atari|link3 = Godzilla (Atari)|tab4 = Cyber|link4 = Cyber-Godzilla|tab5 = The Series|link5 = Zilla Jr.|tab6 = Composite|link6 = Godzilla (Composite)}} {{Tab2|link1 = Godzilla (A Space Godzilla)|tab1 = A Space Godzilla|tab2 = Tower Rising|link2 = Godzilla (Tower Rising)|tab3 = Kodansha|link3 = Godzilla (Kodansha)|tab4 = Newgin Pachinko Trilogy|link4 = Godzilla (Newgin Pachinko Trilogy)|tab5 = Monster Strike|link5 = Godzilla (Monster Strike)}} {{Tab2|link1 = Godzilla (Super Godzilla)|tab1 = Super Godzilla|tab2 = Godzilla: The Game|link2 = Godzilla (Godzilla: The Game)|tab3 = Godzilla Filius|link3 = Godzilla Filius|tab4 = Shogakukan|link4 = Godzilla (Shogakukan)|tab5 = Always: Sunset On Third Street 2|link5 = Godzilla (Always: Sunset On Third Street 2)}} {{Tab2|link1 = Godzilla (Godzilla: Monster of Monsters!)|tab1 = Monster of Monsters!|tab2 = Half-Century War|link2 = Godzilla (Godzilla: The Half-Century War)}}

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Thank you very much for the help. It is very appreciated.

The Messanger generally refurs to his job title in the profile, excluding how it's used by the "Name:" part. I'm doing a CRT at the moment and it looks like it's going to be approved (We just need a staff member to aprrove it and we're good), so if that gets done soon I can just add it to the profile then.

Sorry to bother, is it possible to change the profile name from Weiss (Final Fantasy) to "Weiss the Immaculate"? That is his official title and allows to properly differentiate him from other characters called Weiss, as well as follow the theming of other Tsviets from Dirge of Cerberus.

Thanks in advance!

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Would anybody be able to rename this page to "Ba'al (The Last Halloween)"?

AKM sama

God of Hammers
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Why is it necessary? Is there some other page with the same name?

Damage3245

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
@AKM sama; I'm creating a page for a character with the same name. So there technically isn't one yet.

Okay, so, it seems there´s a problem in the Reptiles category:

Dinosaurs are not reptiles, they are birds if anything, meaning that a good chunk of stuff on it has to be removed, as we can easily see a bunch of them just there with no further elaboration

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Are you certain? I can easily use an automated script to handle this issue if you are correct.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
As funny as it sounds, Bobsican is correct. Dinosaurs are more related to birds than to reptiles.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay then. I will fix it. The Dinosaurs category page needs to have its explanation text adjusted as well though.

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
Dinosaurs having feathers was a rather more recent scientific discovery. And Jurassic Park is known for making the assumption. I know it's off topic, but basically just confirming that it is true they're more like birds then they are reptiles.

Is it possible to rename Horace to "Horace (The Problem Solverz)"?

I'm working on a profile for a character who, though unnamed, is referred to constantly by players as Horace, who is from a game named Horace

AKM sama

God of Hammers
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
It's working for me. I added the "Star Punch Girl" and "Verses" categories.

EDIT: Yeah, it's not working. I refreshed and it's gone. Probably some glitch.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
You didn't close the gallery, and also created two of them, when one would have been enough.

Requesting help with the creation of multiple Gears of War weapon and character pages

You can find the details of the situation in the thread posted earlier by me, which I will link to here

If I change my username will I have to change all my supporter/neutral/opponents links manually or is there a bot that can handle it?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
You will have to change them manually, and all of your blog posts will have their comment sections wiped out. In addition, I and other members here will have a hard time keeping track of who you are. I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.