• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Any time somebody changes their username, all of the comments in their blog posts automatically get wiped out. I have mentioned it to Fandom long ago, but they do not seem to have fixed the issue.

You can contact them again about it if you wish.

So that was the problem. Well, I think it might be necessary to contact the calc group members. The calculations were accepted, but that might lead to misunderstatements.

I do not have enough free time to handle this for you. You have to do so yourself, both in terms of contacting the Fandom staff about restoring the comments, and the calc group members to avoid misunderstandings. My apologies.

What categories should they be swapped to? The concepts do not seem inherently inappropriate to list.

Oh, sorry for not paying attention. I will try to fix it.

I handled the other category.

You need to ask a few calc group members directly instead.

Okay, reposting here as the other thread is super "Staff Only" so far:

"Do not create any joke profiles, as they do not fit into our tiering system. Also avoid creating profiles for fan characters, advertisement characters, memes, YouTube personalities, reality television, talk shows, music videos, stage personas, and the like. If you wish to create such profiles, feel free to do so in the Joke Battles wiki instead. Take note that there is obviously a difference between a profile written as a joke, and the character itself being automatically funny."

- Editing Rules

I think the bolded part may need to be edited or something?

Could this category be renamed to "Longevity Users" or something like that?

Also, I noticed we have a category for Husbands, but not one for Wifes, is there a reason?

@Bobsican

I could technically handle the category change, but it would spam the recent changes page. Perhaps you should ask Promestein to let her Bot account do it instead?

Also, the correct spelling is "Wives", and there is no reason for not using it other than that nobody thought of it until now. Both it and "Husbands" are kind of redundant though.

Wait a moment. I could try to handle the category change with Kavpeny's Bot account that he left in my care. I have never used it before, but it is good training for me to try new things, even though the autism makes it harder for me to break routine.

Just do it slowly, it´s hard and all, but it´s worth it

You can do it right now without problem, Promestein went to sleep already.

By the way, I think you may already know, but most (if not all) of the users no longer use the wiki chat and now go at Discord to discuss stuff they would otherwise use the wiki chat for.

Maybe we could implement an official wiki chat server at Discord at some point?

An unofficial one with more than half of the wiki staff is already a thing.

I suppose that could be an idea, but I do not know how to make the Discord channel official, or how to give our staff members the ability to moderate it by banning rule-breakers and the like.

In addition, if we make the channel official, it would attract a lot of unwanted troll attention, and also cause the official Fandom staff to consider the same rules to apply there as here, so if any staff member would say something inappropriate, and somebody else took a screencapture, they would risk to get banned, which we definitely do not want to happen.

I would also like to keep the regular wiki chat room around, for those of us who do not want to use Discord, in case we need to have private conversations.

I will ask Promestein about it.

It does seem wiser to not get them involved, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back