• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All of Dragon Ball Cosmology revision (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, can people please stop with the persecution complex paranoia regarding Dragon Ball (and certain other fictions)? A large part of the staff, including myself, really like the series, but accuracy is most important, not personal favourisation.

Last edited:
Let me be blunt, Ultima sound like he being pressured into disagree
I never agreed with this to begin with. I originally brought up the whole concept of "timelines that contains other timelines as cross-sections of themselves" in the Tiering System FAQ page, and the times I explained it to people were all in completely different contexts that were unrelated to Dragon Ball, save for exactly two instances where I was criticizing how the verse was being interpreted to begin with. The fact I was arguing against Low 1-C in the original DBH thread should've made this obvious already.

So, yeah, while the underlying logic is sound, whether or not it applies to Dragon Ball at all is what's being questioned, and you shouldn't use screenshots of me giving an outline of the general idea to further your point.

No? He's saying that it might not meet the requirements for the logic to apply, simple as that.

I made a very explicit distinction between an overarching flow of time which holds 4-dimensional spacetimes as infinitesimal cross-sections of itself and a spacetime which just has a larger hypervolume.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but could an "overaching flow of time" be a "history" which contains multiple 4D space-time continuums within it? Basically if a larger timeline is a "history" and in the flow of that history there are multiple 4D space-times, would this count as Low 1-C

I never agreed with this to begin with. I originally brought up the whole concept of "timelines that contains other timelines as cross-sections of themselves" in the Tiering System FAQ page, and the times I explained it to people were all in completely different contexts that were unrelated to Dragon Ball, save for exactly two instances where I was criticizing how the verse was being interpreted to begin with. The fact I was arguing against Low 1-C in the original DBH thread should've made this obvious already.

So, yeah, while the underlying logic is sound, whether or not it applies to Dragon Ball at all is what's being questioned, and you shouldn't use screenshots of me giving an outline of the general idea to further your point.
Well in the context of DB....
Well both Don'T Talk DT and you explained the structure of 12 space-times in a timeline using Relations.
But my gripe is that the observer resides in 5th dimension observing a set of 12 space-times.
This isn't anything special compared to what we do when we normally examine a singualr timeline.
I felt we observer should have stood outside the encompassing timeline and then make the Relation mapping....potentially giving us 5 bijections.

You even mentioned how the dislocation of space-time in second temporal dimension by a certain timeframe is enough for low1C.

Well I tried to do just that for DB using it's own timeline's "story" or "history"....

At some point in time in past (t1) there were 18 space-times but now in the present time point (t2) there are 12, and in the future there will only be potentially one left (t3).

[t1,t2)x{1....18}x(RxRxR)xR
Then after t2..
[t2,t3)x{1.....12}x(RxRxR)xR
And at point t3
{t3}x{1}x(RxRxR)xR

Please quell my question on whether this is emough for low1C.

With what going on, let me be blunt, no matter what the excuse, you guy lost people trust already. But well, we are just powerless, insignificant member after all, you guy dictated all the thing. What next, probably ban me to shut my mount up
Pls don't be sour, I know how it feels, feeling like a clown right now....but better sportsmanship or whatever it is in context of debating and powerscaling demands us to take our losses on our faces without flinching and with a smile.
I am not ashamed chasing after the "bait" or whatever , or using this new logic to upgrade DB.....that just meant we were fated to fail in this endeavor. But my mindset was that I'd rather go out fighting than just sit around like a clueless dolt.

Anyway this turns out, I don't regret fighting for Low1C DB.

At some point in time in past (t1) there were 18 space-times but now in the present time point (t2) there are 12, and in the future there will only be potentially one left (t3).

Then after t2..
And at point t3
{t3}x{1}x(RxRxR)xR

Hm. This question actually relates to a certain doubt I had regarding DontTalk's explanation up there, which may or may not affect the validity of this. Bringing it up in here would just be derailing the thread, especially in its current state, so, I'll go ahead and ask him about it while I'm at it.

Using a random out of context post from Ultima on Discord to pretend he agreed to stonewall an approval is an extremely dishonest measure.

Then after t2..
And at point t3
{t3}x{1}x(RxRxR)xR

My thought is that this is nonsense that at no point is remotely applicable to Dragon Ball. You're just using it to appear pseudo-intellectual by posting some equations.

why isnt it applicable to dragon ball?
Zeno objectively doesn't even erase time. The erasure is purely relating to the physical world in the present. Zeno destroying Trunks' "timeline" is objectively not something that affects Space-Time as it is noted as being possible to time travel back to a time before his world was erased, and also they still time travel to it anyway and find Future Zeno floating in space.

image0.png

If Zeno's erasure affected time the timeline wouldn't exist and it wouldn't be accesible anymore.

This whole upgrade is insane and completely ignores a major plot point of DBS.

Zeno objectively doesn't even erase time. The erasure is purely relating to the physical world in the present. Zeno destroying Trunks' "timeline" is objectively not something that affects Space-Time as it is noted as being possible to time travel back to a time before his world was erased, and also they still time travel to it anyway and find Future Zeno floating in space.

image0.png

If Zeno's erasure affected time the timeline wouldn't exist and it wouldn't be accesible anymore.

Then you don't know how timetravel in DB works...
Going to the past always causes new timeline to spawn.
So in this context "past" is another timeline.

And this is completely unrelated to my earlier post you so callously dissed.

I am not an intellectual nor I ever will claim to be......that question was just a constant ringer in my brain that I needed to post before it exploded.

Besides I shouldn't even bother with what you think of me, call me clueless or shameless or both.

Pretty sure whether Zen'o scales or not doesn't matter too much anyway. If the cosmology is accepted then Dragon Ball Heroes would still be due an upgrade.

And Matt, dismissing someone's rationale as "pseudo-intellectual" without addressing any actual problems with it is in my opinion, childish.

Last edited:
Using a random out of context post from Ultima on Discord to pretend he agreed to stonewall an approval is an extremely dishonest measure.
In some amount of fairness Matt, this misunderstanding led a lot of people on into that direction, not just for DB, as several people here took this to mean they could get Low 1-C hypertimeline upgrades for their verses without realizing what Ultima said overall. Me included.

Sorry if I enter without asking, but, wasn't that accepted as PIS due of Time Ring still being erased? I saw this thread which is pretty detailed on how the rings were originally 7 before Zeno erased one, making them just 6 at the end of the arc.

Sorry if I enter without asking, but, wasn't that accepted as PIS due of Time Ring still being erased? I saw this thread whichispretty detailed on how the rings were originally 7 before Zeno erased one, making them just 6 at the end of the arc.
Then clearly the mechanics of the Time Rings were misinterpreted because it's not PIS it's a major plot point.

You can't pick and choose what happened and ignore it at your convenience to suit your arguments. It's something which directly happened and affects the story moving forward.

PIS only refers to when a contrivance happens to move the plot forward, not this.

Then clearly the mechanics of the Time Rings were misinterpreted because it's not PIS it's a major plot point.
The true definition of PIS is literally the power levels being forcefully ignored to suit the plot to make it move on. Pokémon is clearly an example about this.
You can't pick and choose what happened and ignore it at your convenience to suit your arguments. It's something which directly happened and affects the story moving forward.
Even Arceus being paradoxed and not being able to counter a meteor are such, so?
PIS only refers to when a contrivance happens to move the plot forward, not this.
Same as before

No, you're wrong. They go back to Trunks' original timeline post-erasure and it's still there. The time wasn't destroyed.
One of my DB friend helped on this...so credits to him , Cr_Catinho

1- the time machine travels to parrallel worlds along the 5th axis anyway not to the future of the same timeline , so that point is moot

2- the timeline that trunks and mai go to is a completely new one ( as evident by the number of time Rings )

3- the time ring corresponding to FT's timeline is gone , we see that there are only 6 left when they would've been 7 if zeno didn't nuke the actual timeline

And this still doesn't have any relevance to cosmology.
Whether or not Zeno erased the timeline is Irrelevant to foundational structure of cosmology , which is the main point of discussion on this thread.

image0.png

You sure like to throw around the word objective huh? Anyway, in context, Whis is talking about going to a different timeline. If Whis thinks he could go to the past of the destroyed timeline, not only would he be wrong, but he wouldn’t have to tell Trunks and Mai they'd be living with alternative versions of themselves. Goku and Trunks going to a timeline after it's destroyed doesn’t mean anything either. It just means the time machine can travel outside of space-time.

Please stop derailing the thread with scaling and focus on the cosmology. I'll talk about that in a second.

If you refer to me, that was not my intention, but I now realise that it was likely inappropriate of me to post screenshots that I had been shown, so I apologise for that.

Note: I'm still extrenely iffy on the universes being each Low 2-C, especially when the Super Dragon Balls can literally spread back to the original locations in the Universe 6 and 7 throught simple flying like the regular Dragon Balls on the Earth, same with Whis who can travel between universes in the same way he does in the Universe 7, aka just regular flight without weird portals. However Zeno's feat is at very least Low 2-C.

Note: I'm still extrenely iffy on the universes being each Low 2-C, especially when the Super Dragon Balls can literally spread back to the original locations in the Universe 6 and 7 throught simple flying like the regular Dragon Balls on the Earth, same with Whis who can travel between universes in the same way he does in the Universe 7, aka just regular flight without weird portals. However Zeno's feat is at very least Low 2-C.
I'd rather have one aspect of cosmology be discussed at a time...there has already been enough confusion over multiple things being discussed at the same time.
Besides this has already been addressed in past comments on this thread...and as of now we accept universes are low2C on this site....we should roll with it for now while discussing low1C.

And this "maybe" a potential problem for DBS only. Honestly not a problem , but whatever.

DBH already has this covered with Fu's U7 recreation being called separate space-time.

So pls focus on Low1C for now.

Pls wait for Ultima DTDT to respond.

Goku and Trunks going to a timeline after it's destroyed doesn’t mean anything either. It just means the time machine can travel outside of space-time.
Okay, I'll be fair to Matt on at least this bit, because this doesn't make sense to me. Not saying it necessarily is one, but how is a time machine, that time travels, going to an area where time is supposed to be erased, not a contradiction to the latter's erasure?

It looks like a bigger leap in logic and mental gymnastics to argue that the time machine is magically able to travel without time being a requirement for the journey as opposed to taking it as a genuine inconsistency to work with.

I personally suggest to just downgrade the verse to just 3-A except Zeno who'd be Low 2-C, universes have a tons of anti feats which suggest them not being a regular multiverse but rather just a big universe divided in 12 parts, like even Gowasu who kinda suggest that there's literally just a flow of time across all the universes instead of this whole "12 flows of time which are behing an hypertime", stuff like this needs statements.
DBH already has this covered with Fu's U7 recreation being called separate space-time.
Not canon, try again.
So pls focus on Low1C for now.
Kukui already said that if you don't agree with Low 1-C, downgrade the verse at 3-A, and this is what I'm doing.

Also lol at ROSAT being its own space-time when literally destroying it is enough to get out, if you destroy a space-time, you get stuck in the void, not that you get in another one instantly after.

Well, this is between Low 1-C and Low 2-C, and only one will come out, unless the mods play the "lmao already argued x years ago so I won't bother anymore", because the arguments weren't adressed correctly and they shut them without actually debating back.
You didn't get it did you ?
DBH is still viable for it's own individual low1C upgrade because low2C universe is true in that show.
Is this an actual proof of just Universe 7 being cloned? "These two universes are connected" doesen't remotely imply such.

Well, this is between Low 1-C and Low 2-C, and only one will come out, unless the mods play the "lmao already argued x years ago so I won't bother anymore", because the arguments weren't adressed correctly and they shut them without actually debating back.

Is this an actual proof of just Universe 7 being cloned? "These two universes are connected" doesen't remotely imply such.
No, in the game it's stated that the new space time is a copy of U7. The scan is in the blog

Heroes even implies that universe and space time are interchangeable

No, in the game it's stated that the new space time is a copy of U7. The scan is in the blog
About this:

"No, just now, the original Universe 7's West City buildings collapsed...!

The copied universe and original universe... they're definitely being connected...!"

Where can I allude that is just the Universe 7 the one copied tho?

This has nothing to do with spatiality or temporality.

This is a weird connection as if it has something to do with "lifeline" or something similar...I know the word for it...but cannot remember it on the spot.

Say if two persons depend on each other for lifeforce, so if one gets hurt the other gets hurt too, if one dies the other dies too...that does not mean both persons are same.
This a just a wierd cause and effect relation between two entities which have no bearing on cosmological structure.
And its wierd exxeption at that...

Not at all relevant here....

This has nothing to do with spatiality or temporality.
Indeed.
This is a weird connection as if it has something to do with "lifeline" or something similar...I know the word for it...but cannot remember it on the spot.

Say if two persons depend on each other for lifeforce, so if one gets hurt the other gets hurt too, if one dies the other dies too...that does not mean both persons are same.
This a just a wierd cause and effect relation between two entities which have no bearing on cosmological structure.
And its wierd exxeption at that...

Not at all relevant here....
1) There are lots of characters who aren't the same person but yet they work like a Vodoo effect like Thunder McQueen

2) If I recall correctly, "history" in DBH means all of the space-time of a single timeline and vice-versa, so what stops Fuu from having cloned entirely just the whole of a timeline, but all the stuff happened to solve such was in just Universe 7 as the location of the fights was just that?

About this:

The copied universe and original universe... they're definitely being connected...!"

Trunks refers that the new space time has properties from "this universe". Trunks is clearly talking about the universe that he's in, which is U7, which is where the time nest resides

One could argue that since Trunks uses the word " Histories" he's talking about the 12 universes, since that's the word used for the timelines usually. However, in this case, if you actually look into the dialogue, it's clearly talking about just Universe 7 and the other space time (Trunks even specified that BTW) .

Plus Trunks refers to Universe 7 as the "original universe" and calls the new space time "Copied universe"
The other universes aren't clearly involved.

About this:

16184157365555599864873710333531.jpg

First and foremost, "universes" are always said in the context of individual universes in the macroverse...U7 or U6 or whichever.

Whenever the timelime is referred....well it's called timeline....not universe....the entire franchise is quite clear on the matter. It knows the distinction between the two.

Now that we know it is a copy of U7, we later are informed that it is a "empty space-time".
This strikes the nail in the coffin that universes are considered space-times to begin with, of which Fu copied U7 exclusively.

And as for the "histories" being merged together....
Well history is a word that is usually refered in context of timeline, but here that doesn't mean its referring to timeline as all the plot is concerned with U7.
And obviously U7 has history of its own, its just a smaller part of bigger whole that is the history of the overarching timeline.

Think of it like history of each individual country....while each one has its own...they all collectively form the history of the Earth.
But when you discuss one country, you only refer to its own personal history.
Similarly...
If only U7 is copied and plot is concerned with it, then that means it's personal history is concerned here....not the collective whole.

As for the "connective" phenomena itself....
That just like I said a cause and effect relation, effect in one is imposed on other....this is entirely exclusive to whether they are space-time or not, this neither hurts the merit nor supports it since it is entirely unrelated to it.

One example that comes to mind is HellBoy 2 movies where the Villain and his twin sister have intertwined lifelines.....hurting one affected the other....doesn't mean they are similar let alone same.

So this point doesn't hurt at all the separate spatiality or temporality of the U7 and its copy.

First of all, I'd also like to point out that the whole "Timelines within timelines" is evidence of the existence of more than one temporal dimension, but it's not evidence that all temporal dimensions or spatial dimensions are infinite in scale. Also, infinite number of snapshots doesn't quite mean infinite in length either, as even finite sized lines have an infinite number of periods. Between point one and point two, their exists an infinite number of (1 + (x/infinity)) numbers. Which for a Low 2-C structure, the temporal dimension doesn't necessarily have to be an infinite line, but does have to have an infinite number of periods on top of it being at least universal in size on the 3-D spatial dimension scale. Also, just because a structure is 11-D doesn't mean it is High 1-C by default; a 11-D pocket reality consisting of multiple spatial and temporal dimensions could even be as low as planet level. In order for a Macrocosm to be Low 1-C or above, the spatial dimensions need to be an uncountable infinite number of lightyears and each temporal dimension needs to be infinite in length also.

I also agree people should stop spamming the Discord chat uploads if they can speak for themselves.

So the way I see it, timelines in Dragon Ball are finite on 6-D scale; they're Brane timelines containing 12-18 Low 2-C structured universes each. There's also spatial dimensions separating 12-18 universes, but it's a finite one at that. And a Timeline containing other sub timelines is also finite in scale. So I'm basiacally repeating some of the things DontTalkDT and AKM Sama said.

I'm strongly against the anti-middle ground mindsets on either side, so I basically agree that the BoG saga cast and those who from them are 3-A, those who scale above Infinite Zamasu are Low 2-C even above baseline, and the Angels being 2-C via being stronger than the combined might of two GoD I'm still in agreement with, and Zeno being an extremely casual 2-C. Which the ratings are more or less the good where they are at.

Though, as for Dragon Ball Heroes, there's an infinite number of those 2-C sized timelines and would inherently mean they might have a 5th dimension be infinite in scale. So I personally do not mind Low 1-C for Dragon Ball Heroes, but strongly against anyone from canon Dragon Ball being anything beyond 2-C.

Last edited:
Well, not so much scummy, more so annoying or prone to be taken out of context or misunderstood.

Anyway, we should probably stop derailing, and it was especially agreed for regular users to stop talking about things off topic.

Last edited:
I'll break this part down into two portions.

The realms/universes​

You don’t need to destroy time to be universal+. Let me explain.
"Time" isn’t a dimension, it's the measurement of the progression of space, so it's just a property of space. Time needs space in order to exist. If you destroy all the of the universe space then there's no movement to measure, therefore time wouldn’t be able to exist at all. However, if you destroy all the time in the universe, the space of the entire universe would still exist but it would be completely motionless. Even matter can exist without time; there are characters who move in timeless voids all the time. This means destroying all the space of the universe is low 2-C because space holds all of that time within a singular continuum. Space encompasses time, or in simple terms spatial destruction > temporal destruction, which also means all you need to do is destroy space. If time is dependent on space and is a property of it, then destroying a separate space = destroying a separate timeline.
All of the realms and numbered universes are at least spatially separated, so they'd be low 2-C. The only way for them to be 3-A if they were all spatially connected and separate bodies of matter.

Simple terms​

Universal matter destruction = 3-A
Universal spatial destruction = Low 2-C
Universal spatio-temporal destruction = Low 2-C
Universal temporal destruction = Unquantifiable

Timelines

A timeline would be a larger space like how a universe is to a pocket dimension. Since these timelines don’t meet the same standards as a low 1-C one, then bye bye low 1-C.

Of course I'd have to change my blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back