• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All of Dragon Ball Cosmology revision (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll break this part down into two portions.

The realms/universes​

You don’t need to destroy time to be universal+. Let me explain.
"Time" isn’t a dimension, it's the measurement of the progression of space, so it's just a property of space. Time needs space in order to exist. If you destroy all the of the universe space then there's no movement to measure, therefore time wouldn’t be able to exist at all. However, if you destroy all the time in the universe, the space of the entire universe would still exist but it would be completely motionless. Even matter can exist without time; there are characters who move in timeless voids all the time. This means destroying all the space of the universe is low 2-C because space holds all of that time within a singular continuum. Space encompasses time, or in simple terms spatial destruction > temporal destruction, which also means all you need to do is destroy space. If time is dependent on space and is a property of it, then destroying a separate space = destroying a separate timeline.
All of the realms and numbered universes are at least spatially separated, so they'd be low 2-C. The only way for them to be 3-A if they were all spatially connected and separate bodies of matter.

Simple terms​

Universal matter destruction = 3-A
Universal spatial destruction = Low 2-C
Universal spatio-temporal destruction = Low 2-C
Universal temporal destruction = Unquantifiable

Timelines

A timeline would be a larger space like how a universe is to a pocket dimension. Since these timelines don’t meet the same standards as a low 1-C one, then bye bye low 1-C.

Of course I'd have to change my blog.
does dbh still qualify for low 1-c?

Don't have the time to adress everything right now, but here are replies to some posts addressing me:
Simply put, the Afterlife within Universe 7 dimensionally transcends the living universe, completely encompasses it and has its own flow of time. That should mean it's a 4th dimensional structure, which Goku and Beerus were going to destroy.
Sorry for not being staff but no one answered the question.
Yes, it's (apparently; ideally I would rather not get into that debate) a 4th-dimensional structure consisting of 3 space and 1 time dimension, which would make destroying it Low 2-C. That's more or less what I assumed in my initial explanation. INstead of using {1,2,3,4,...,12} you might need to replace 12 with a higher number, but that is all that changes.
I'm going to assume you're meaning timeline = Space-Time continuum in this comment. In this example, your cartesian product for {1,2,3,4,...,12}x(RxRxR)xR. is only talking about the content within this 5-D plane where the Universes are setting across. Which would be essentially null if you destroyed just this part for talking about a 5-D dimension. What's being talked about is the (RxRxRxR)xR of the entire 'timeline' in its entirety, not its contents. This is because it's working with 3 spatial dimensions, with 2 temporal dimensions. (The second temporal dimension is the reason why it houses multiple discrete Space-Times, and why they all seem to duplicate whenever you time-travel) This in its entirety would be destroyed in the example, so it should be Low 1-C.
The 5th dimension in your explanation isn't time-like. It's not like the 1st universe happens before the 12th universe. The 5th dimension in your explanation is space-like. In any case, what you are describing is just a standard multiverse. The empty space of the 5th dimension which isn't part of the spacetime continuums is not included and destroying a construct like you describe is not considered Low 1-C, as the 5th dimension in which are actually things is of insignificant size. That's literally the reason we don't automatically consider every single universe in fiction to be Low 1-C.

Yes, this would just be rotating the original axis around. But this is entirely separate of a question. In this example, reality in its entirety is just described by Rx{1,2,3,4,...,12}x(RxRxR) because it's not working under a secondary spatial dimension; R, where the first one was. So, you're describing two entirely different things when we say it completely destroyed these two 'worlds' in its entirety.
I don't understand what you're trying to say. We have three spatial dimensions in that construct, so what do you mean by not working under a secondary spatial dimension?
For protocol, I hope we can agree that both constructs have the same amount of spatial and temporal dimensions, that both are the same except for a rotation and that rotating an object doesn't influence its size.

"Well I am no expert in math....but I have few doubts.
Well the thing is , imo this is still observation of the set of 12 space-times while the observer is sitting in 5th dimension.
What the upgrade side is proposing is we observe the 5th dimension itself...that is the higher temporal dimension to be observed from outside.
This isn't a subjective issue. Where you observe it form makes no difference. So I don't get what you are trying to say.

That would lead to product of another R onto the current product ....
basically R×{1....12}×(R×R×R)×R.
Now I am not so brave as to apply entire set of points of this higher temporal dimension onto this product.

But as Ultima mentioned that any length of time in another axis of time suffices for "dislocation" as he put it

What I wanted show here is that these space-times flow forward in the flow of this higher time.

Lets take this and apply directly onto DB chronology.
In the past there were 18 space-times.
So the product will look like this at a single instant...."Zeroth" moment.
{1,2....18}×(R×R×R)×R

After some time " t" the 6 space-times are destroyed. And only 12 remain. Lets call this point of time in present as "t1".
So product will look like ...
{1....12}×(R×R×R)×R

So if were to sit outside the timeline and map all the progress of the universes from start uptill this point....

0+t=t1....or t=t1....basically the time interval.
[0,t1) is a uncountably large set , albiet not as large as R....but still uncountable, I believe this also called Cantor Set??
[0,t1)×{1...18}×(R×R×R)×R......
so this basically satisfies the condition for bijections of 5 sets containing uncountable elements I guess....

Low1C??

So basically I tried to map the journey of Present Timeline of DB and all universes inside it.

And I am a nervous wreck now....🥴😵😅
The initial construct is {1,2....18}×(R×R×R)×R.
After the destruction the construct is {1,2...., 12}×(R×R×R)×R.
The part destroyed is {12,...,18}×(R×R×R)×R.
That is 4D and equivalent to destroying 8 spacetimes. A 2-C feat.

While you could theoretically describe the process of the multiverse changing by adding a second time-axis, that is only a model on your part and not something actually provided in the verse. Given that, you don't really know whether it actually is time-dimension-like or just a set of finite states. Furthermore, it is entirely irrelevant for the verse, since the time dimension you invented to describe the change of multiversal spacetime is not interacted with, or especially destroyed, by anything in Dragon Ball.

I was given permission to comment by DarkDragonMedeus here.

I'm on the same opinion as DarkDragonMedeus for the most part, i do find iffy for me to place a timeline at Low 1-C, if the series did have statements about the existence of higher dimensional spaces then it could be fair, but there are none so i'm really unsure about putting a timeline at Low 1-C.

And even if its more accurate, i don't think Zeno should be put at that level since it seen to me that he only erased the universes but not the actual timeline, so Low 1-C would only be limited to Heroes/Xenoverse characters since they do actually affect/destroy them.

However unlike with Medeus i do think that 3-A characters should be upgraded to fully Low 2-C, there is enough evidence to consider each universes as a large Low 2-C structure as it is made by two universal size space-time continuums (the Afterlife and Living World), both stick together while be spatially separated, so 2x above baseline Low 2-C.

Meaning Battle of Gods SSjG Goku should be put at Low 2-C, also anyone comparable to Infinite Zamasu would be put at At least Low 2-C, since he was not only able to become one with the 7th Universe but he was able to breach the unquantifiable distance between Future Timeline and Present Timeline, to the point to start affect it the latter, a feat far above baseline Low 2-C, potentially near 2-C (but i'm uncertain about that).

Which make sense powerscaling wise we know that fight between Beerus and Champa could accidentally destroy their home universes as a side effect, aka a 2-C feat performed by two characters, while Angels are remain 2-C for the same reason as before.

Another thing that it should be taken intro account its that the Heaven its stated multiple times over to be around the size of an universe, meaning that the actual size of the 7th Universe its most likely much bigger than we currently potray, such this would upgrade Speed feats from DBS by a good margin (around 7 times if the math i done its correct).

And for the Infinite Speed, there are indeed several statements about the Living World be infinite, however such statements are not present in the main series, so i'm conflicted about that, i guess the compromised proposed by Zamasu (Massively FTL+, possibly Infinite) could be used in this case.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out DontTalk. It is very appreciated.

The old ones or what we are currently discussing here?

Well, we haven't quite decided that, but it seems like we will either likely keep the current DBS power levels, or possibly accept a slight upgrade.

There was a comment that Low 1-C may or may not be acceptable for the god-tiers of the Dragon Ball Xenoverse/Heroes continuity though, but I am the wrong person to ask.

The point of Low 1-C has stopped being argued upon in this thread. If someone wants to make a CRT using some evidence from this thread and make your own revisions go ahead (I doubt it'll go through though.)

Sorry for intruding, but what were the agreed conclusions for the DB cosmology

That it stays the same. It remains at 2-C. The thread was just sad and disappointing with people not understanding the whole thing and going off of what someone said on discord in an offhand conversation. The whole misunderstanding could have been avoided but people jumped the gun with a few trying to wank 12 universes to Low 1-C and the other few trying to downplay it to Low 2-C. 2-C is what makes the most sense with what's shown in the verse and according to the system too.

This thread should just be closed at this point.

Okay. I will do so. Thank you to everybody who helped out with this.

I was asked to reopen this thread, as we apparently still need to discuss if Xenoverse should be upgraded to Low 1-C.

How and why would it change anything in Xenoverse? Nothing really ended up getting changed due to this thread.

I'll break this part down into two portions.

The realms/universes​

You don’t need to destroy time to be universal+. Let me explain.
"Time" isn’t a dimension, it's the measurement of the progression of space, so it's just a property of space. Time needs space in order to exist. If you destroy all the of the universe space then there's no movement to measure, therefore time wouldn’t be able to exist at all. However, if you destroy all the time in the universe, the space of the entire universe would still exist but it would be completely motionless. Even matter can exist without time; there are characters who move in timeless voids all the time. This means destroying all the space of the universe is low 2-C because space holds all of that time within a singular continuum. Space encompasses time, or in simple terms spatial destruction > temporal destruction, which also means all you need to do is destroy space. If time is dependent on space and is a property of it, then destroying a separate space = destroying a separate timeline.
All of the realms and numbered universes are at least spatially separated, so they'd be low 2-C. The only way for them to be 3-A if they were all spatially connected and separate bodies of matter.

Simple terms​

Universal matter destruction = 3-A
Universal spatial destruction = Low 2-C
Universal spatio-temporal destruction = Low 2-C
Universal temporal destruction = Unquantifiable

Of course I'd have to change my blog.
So no one’s gonna talk about the top portion of this post?

Infinite Speed is a no to me. This is just fridge logic achieved by taking statements of the universe being infinite as literal and then extrapolating feats (For Whis and Beerus) and then scaling.

The characters having infinite speed breaks the sequence of events.

Infinite Speed is a no to me. This is just fridge logic achieved by taking statements of the universe being infinite as literal and then extrapolating feats (For Whis and Beerus) and then scaling.

Yeah, infinite speed makes no sense for the DB cast, since even Whis needed time for a finite distance.

You actually defies everything without debunking them I was expecting a proper refute
Anyway "breaks the sequence of Events" Why & how exactly ?!?
"Fridge logic" Ok but why?!?
You have to explain why U think so
"Extrapolating feats & scaling" Ok matt if something is infinite & U are going to destroy it with ur attack im finite time, do U think thats only finite speed?!? Just thik more logically & refute the claims properly

Anyway "breaks the sequence of Events" Why & how exactly ?!?
Kaioken multiples speed linearly and its effective. Therefore Goku doesn't have infinite speed.

Goku is affected by time thefore he doesn't have infinite speed.

Goku and other characters take finite amount of time to cross distances therefore their speed is not infinite

In the manga the Brave Troopers use their spaceship to cross interstellar distances therefore Toppo is not infinite speed

Zamasu didn't wipe out all life in the universes over 0 seconds therefore he doesn't have infinite speed

If U have infinite speed & U can boast ur speed on top of that with multipliers that would be a higher degree of infinite speed
No, ignorance.

Infinite x 2 isn't bigger than infinite x 1, you have no ******* clue what you're saying. This is not how higher infinities work. And God help us all if people unironically start arguing for Aleph-Omega Fast Goku.

Also Matt Travel Speed ≠ Attack Speed
They are literally arguing for Infinite speed and applying it to everything. Don't packpedall.

Kaioken multiples speed linearly and its effective. Therefore Goku doesn't have infinite speed.
Higher than baseline infinite speed is a thing.
Goku is affected by time thefore he doesn't have infinite speed.
Didn’t stop him from moving in a timeless void kek.
Goku and other characters take finite amount of time to cross distances therefore their speed is not infinite
I’m guessing you don’t know what perspective it?
In the manga the Brave Troopers use their spaceship to cross interstellar distances therefore Toppo is not infinite speed
Most spaceships in DB can cross the universe. Jiren > spaceship.
Zamasu didn't wipe out all life in the universes over 0 seconds therefore he doesn't have infinite speed
You’re joking right?
Or, it means that the infinity isn't literal or you're seeing a feat where there is none.
Not unless you have refutes to the universe being infinite.
Read again what I said but carefully.
I know exactly what you said. Your comment implies that the universe is finite while mine implies it’s infinite.

No, ignorance.

Infinite x 2 isn't bigger than infinite x 1, you have no ******* clue what you're saying. This is not how higher infinities work. And God help us all if people unironically start arguing for Aleph-Omega Fast Goku.

They are literally arguing for Infinite speed and applying it to everything. Don't packpedall.
I am arguing for attack speed which is true I dont care what anyone is arguing bro
Infinite x 2 mathematically is same AS infinite x 1 but in fiction they can get faster than baseline infinite speed , ok?!
Attack speed in DB scales to reaction & combat speed AS well but not travel speed
Example : Goku despite being Relativistic+ travel in snake way Slower than the speed of lightning

No, ignorance.

Woah do you know what you’re implying? You’re essentially saying that nothing can be higher than infinity at all. In fiction it definitely can. I guess nothing is higher than High 3-A because nothing is higher than it.

Woah do you know what you’re implying? You’re essentially saying that nothing can be higher than infinity at all. In fiction it definitely can. I guess nothing is higher than High 3-A because nothing is higher than it.
"Muh fiction" is a coward's argument.

Nobody has ever excused fiction for being consistent or logically sound. You just say it because you know it makes no sense but you still want it because it'll make the characters stronger on a website. Not because you actually believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back