• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien X revision...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyRegulator

VS Battles
Retired
So…Alien X. It's proven to be a difficult character to tier. Currently it's rated Multi-Universe level for creating a Space-time continuum with ease (which is of course highly questionable), is superior to a featless five dimensional entity and hence, was discarded as a High 2-A character, and is one of the main characters on this wiki that encourages "omnipotence" wank based on authorial statements.

So, where am I going with this?

Basically a new thread was made where a new Word of god statement was revealed, stating Alien X can destroy the omniverse in six blinks.

Whilst researching I discovered the Ben 10 Multiverse has 26 dimensions, possibly more.

I have no idea what to do with this information or if it's even quantifiable.

IIRC, the "omniverse" in Ben 10 is defined as the universes it is made up of, not all higher dimensions. It's the same as how someone destroying the universes of a string theory multiverse does not make them High 1-C in power unless the entirety of that higher dimensional structure is shown to be affected.

There's also the fact that the show's creators have been incredibly coy when asked questions about Alien X's power and mostly answer in a oking manner, making it hard to know what is and isn't true, especially when the character's best feat is casually Universe level+, and no other Celestialsapiens have any better feats or statements.

Because his feat was casual, though I originally vouched for "At least Low 2-C, likely higher" based on that's the best he ever demonstrated.

I guess the reason he's "Likely 2-C" was because somebody complained about it last year to have him higher? -_-;

I'm with Azathoth on that one. His feat was casual and his page here even notes it as being able to casually recreate the Alien X universe. Definitely sounds Low 2-C to me. *Nods*

Didn't somebody state for Alien to destroy or affect the multiverse, this feat requires six thoughts?

Well, we have to take the canon evidence over a casual twitter comment that was both unspecified regarding the precise scale, and was likely not particularly serious.

I detest that when it's not uttered sincerely, especially when they can be sarcastic on purpose to derail people of these details.

Something doesnt make sense here. The creator on that twitter comment stated that Alien X can destroy A universe with A thouguht, meaning for every thought = universaldestruction

If the creator says that Alien X can destroy the multiverse/omniverse in 6 thoughts, then that means Alien x is only destroying 6 universes, one universe per thought. That in no way shape or form is considered multiversal. It possibly might even be just universe+ for still casually destroying universes, only still one at a time and not all at once to make it even multi universal unless someone has a comment on how this would be multi universal.

Also, from the info gathered from the Autho'rs very words, the most logial input we could gain is that if one thought = one universe being destroyed, and that 6 thoughts can destroy the "multiverse", that's very well hinting that the ben 10 "multiverse" is just made up of 6 universes, which, all can be destroyed with a thought each. Making 6 thoughts.

So to conclude this, from what i see, the creator is using the term multiverse/omniverse in a VERY bad/vague way.

There was an episode in Ultimate Alien where Eon was going through the Multiverse defeating Bens and using his different versions as ninja cannon fodder.

There were some dozens of different Bens, so, yeah . . .

Shouldn't Alien X see the true form of those five-dimensional beings? I mean seriously. Shouldn't be be more than six universes each Ben Tennyson exists in?

Jucaslucas said:
There was an episode in Ultimate Alien where Eon was going through the Multiverse defeating Bens and using his different versions as ninja cannon fodder.
There were some dozens of different Bens, so, yeah . . .
If thats the case then the authors statement really shouldnt be even considered here. From my earlier comment the author is basically saying the multiverse is only 6 universes. If this episode from ultimate alien is what u say it is then that either completely contradicts this author statement or this author statement contradicts the episode

The tweet doesn't mean that the multiverse is made up of 6 universes.

What the author meant by it was alien X is multiversal with a bit more effort c'mon...

And whether it's accepted or not alien X"s race is likely a superior race than 5th dimensional ones based off what we've seen so far..

TheMightyRegulator said:
Whilst researching I discovered the Ben 10 Multiverse has 26 dimensions, possibly more.

I have no idea what to do with this information or if it's even quantifiable.
Mighty, while its on my mind, do those dimensions within the multiverse have any set sizes? Because normally a dimension without a given size is unquantifiable and really wouldnt put a character in any tier at all. Unless thats why you asked if its quantifiable or not lol then nvm

Akuto Sai12 said:
The tweet doesn't mean that the multiverse is made up of 6 universes.
Yes it does. The author specifically said that Alien X can destroy a SINGLE universe with a SINGLE thought. That means that for every thought Alien X makes A universe gets destroyed. So when the creator said that Alien X can destroy the multiverse with 6 thoughts, that means the multiverse is only as big as 6 universes because theres no evidence that proves Alien X can destroy MORE THAN one universe with A thought. Going by the authors statement, it would go like this:

1 thought= 1 universe gone

2 thoughts= 2 universe gone

3 thoughts= 3 universes gone

4 thoughts= 4 universes gone

5 thoughts= 5 universes gone

6 thoughts= 6 universes gone

and so on

Unless someone can give evidence that Alien X can destroy more than one universe with a thought, that is what he'd be destroying with those number of thoughts. And since the author said 6 thoughts= multiverse destroyed, that means the multiverse is only as big as the number of universes gone, which would be 6

and thats not remotely multiverse lvl. That's probably not even multi universe lvl. Itd be universal+ for casually destroying them, though still doing it little by little, not all at once

Not only is the multiverse in Ben 10 not made up of 6 universes but the real life isn't either your interpretation is invalid as I already said

Akuto Sai12 said:
Not only is the multiverse in Ben 10 not made up of 6 universes but the real life isn't either your interpretation is invalid as I already said
So u have no real counter or evidence to my comment to make it invalid is what your saying? Kk

Oh pls

I don't even need to refute your interpretation it's invalid by the fact that the Ben 10 multiverse has many more universes than 6.

What the author meant was with more effort alien X is multiversal and the Ben 10 multiverse has shown many universes/alternate timelines.

Not only that but even without the tweet the celestialsapiens are portrayed as >>>>>> 5th dimensional beings

Alien X is definitely multiversal denying it because you are trying to string on to a casual feat he did by processing a thought is ridiculous.

FictionalBlade101 said:
Mighty, while its on my mind, do those dimensions within the multiverse have any set sizes? Because normally a dimension without a given size is unquantifiable and really wouldnt put a character in any tier at all. Unless thats why you asked if its quantifiable or not lol then nvm
The term dimensions in this case refers to Spatial and Temporal Dimensions, not Universes.

So we agree to downgrade Alien X to At Least Universe level+, possibly higher?

Akuto Sai12 said:
Oh pls
I don't even need to refute your interpretation it's invalid by the fact that the Ben 10 multiverse has many more universes than 6.

What the author meant was with more effort alien X is multiversal and the Ben 10 multiverse has shown many universes/alternate timelines.

Not only that but even without the tweet the celestialsapiens are portrayed as >>>>>> 5th dimensional beings

Alien X is definitely multiversal denying it because you are trying to string on to a casual feat he did by processing a thought is ridiculous.
Not my fault if the creators words contradict his own story.

Prove the author meant that. Theres no evidence that shows Alien X can destroy more than one universe with a thought. His comment literally specfiies that only one universe is destroyed per thought. And if the creator believes the multiverse can be destroyed in 6 thoughts that means the multiverse is only as big as the universes being destroyed per thought, which is one each. And how many would that be? 6. Thats where its staying until you can give me proof that Alien X can destroy more than one universe with a thought.

i never said anything about Alien X being weaker or stronger than 5th dimensional beings nor do i care because it has nothing to do with the discussion im having with you atm.

Ok? That feat was destroying a universe casually, WITH A thought, which im addressing right now

TheMightyRegulator said:
FictionalBlade101 said:
The term dimensions in this case refers to Spatial and Temporal Dimensions, not Universes.
So we agree to downgrade Alien X to At Least Universe level+, possibly higher?
Kk i got confused on that. Thank you very much. And yea i'd say so. Theres too much speculating going on here and from what i personally can view from the information gathered from the author, that would be a good place to put Alien X at. But this is only what I think thou. What do you think of this Mighty?

Doesn't having a higher dimension put you above everything in a lower dimension, regardless of feats?

That's the idea I got from the tiering page.

Well gosh guys don't shoot the messenger XD From my understanding it was discarded considering the best feat in the franchise is the creation of a 4-Dimensional space-time continuum. That's all I know, you can read more about it via the link I provided in the OP.

Jucaslucas said:
Doesn't having a higher dimension put you above everything in a lower dimension, regardless of feats?
That's the idea I got from the tiering page.
Do u mean HAVING the higher dimension or BEING the higher dimension? Because both are totally different scenerios. Ruling a dimension is one thing. BEING that dimension is another. Here are 2 examples.

For one, Kaguya Otsutsuki from Naruto rules over like 6 different dimensions that differ from that of the main world Naruto comes from. She isnt listed as even a 3 or 2D being. The same thing would apply to Yukio from bleach who rules multiple amount of virtual dimensions with his fullbring yet hes far lower than that of even the captains.

Second, a much more notable point is that ruling a dimension doesnt really mean anything for your power. IIRC Superman Prime Onemillion was stated to rule over an entire universe himself, making it his universe, yet he has no feats at all.

I'd say you would need A feat for SOMETHING to list you as a 5D being. Afterall, there are characters here who have an abundance of feats and abilities and even they aren't listed as 5D beings. To list Alien X 5D or above because he's above a featless character in his verse would be kind of vague.

Many authors don't understand higher dimensional theory hence we need some proof they're capable of this power or even Bleach characters can be Low Complex Multiversal in power. Obviously Alien X is infinitely above them feat wise but I'm guessing a similar reason is why the upgrade was not allowed.

From what i got reading that Wiki it would take omnipotent beings to be listed as 5D, something Alien X is no where near at all. Also, the first sentence of the wiki should end this conversation:

"Higher dimensional manipulation is the ability to manipulate greater spatial and temporal dimensions than 3-D space, such as 4-D space and above."

Mighty has already established that this character that Alien X seems to be higher than has no feats so how would he be given this manipulative ability in the first place? Let alone any chance of being a 5D being?

FictionalBlade101 said:
From what i got reading that Wiki it would take omnipotent beings to be listed as 5D, something Alien X is no where near at all. Also, the first sentence of the wiki should end this conversation:
"Higher dimensional manipulation is the ability to manipulate greater spatial and temporal dimensions than 3-D space, such as 4-D space and above."

Mighty has already established that this character that Alien X seems to be higher than has no feats so how would he be given this manipulative ability in the first place? Let alone any chance of being a 5D being?
He's above people at that level, so yeah, he should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back