• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fight takes place in a forest.

Akame: 0 (ouch)

Saber: 7 (Elione-chan, Gemmysaur, DaFritzi, ScarletFirefly, Gargoyle 1, Xanxussama1010, Memegod666)

Inconclusive: 1 (WilliamShadow)

Both 7-B to 7-A. Both serious about winning. Speed equalized.

Two of my favorite sword-wielding ladies. Who wins?

Akame-gif2
Small-Scale Excalibur Attack

I think Saber takes this mid-dif, due to higher durability and range.

EDIT: woops, forgot it was 7-A Akame, but I still keep my vote, due to precognition and higher range.

Hmm, Saber is only 7-A with Excaliblast which she won't go for at first and is 7-B with physical strikes. If they clash swords, Akame is going to break through her guard and do more than scratch her. Except I'm missing something. Still, this one is tough. Saber is more skilled and has range and precognition on her side, but her normal ranged and physical attacks won't do much since Akame has Mountain level durability and the only thing that should be able to put her down quick enough is Excaliblast. And since she prefers close combat, there's a chance that Akame will overwhelm her and cut her with Murasame which her Regenerationn wouldn't help with.

In this type of battles Akame's enemies should knows about her ability since they don't imagine a single scratch means death.

Saber has to survive the first strike to land a chance at winning this, and given that she has precog that is borderline future sight, I'd think she has a higher chance of doing so.

If she survives the first encounter, then she'd very likely know enough to see that her opponent is physically much stronger and due to that, spam the hell out of Prana Burst to even the odds (this is how she faced Berserker and not get cleaved in half by the strength gap).

Ubw saber vs berserker
Ubw saber vs berserker3

Afterwards, it's her precog vs the chance of getting nicked by Muramasa, of which I see Saber coming out on top as she did keep herself from getting hit anywhere important from the superior swordsman, Assassin.

She pushes Akame back temporarily via Strike Air and whack her with Excaliblast if the going gets tough. Else, if she gets nicked, Strike Air + Excaliblast for a mutual kill at least.

My vote goes to Saber for the majority.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Composite how?
As in her Fate and Fate/Zero feats are 7-B to High 7-A. Meanwhile Unlimited Blade Work's feats rest at a low end of 7-A instead of 7-B. So to make it more fair for Akame, Saber will have the whole spectrum (including the low end).

@Scarlet:

It looks to me more like FSN Saber (At least 7-B/ At least 7-A with Excaliblast) given the 7-B to 7-A rating in the OP.

But hey, I'm that predictable already huh? I'm cool with that.

Gemmysaur said:
But hey, I'm that predictable already huh? I'm cool with that.
Considering the fact that there was no post in this thread and the images were already uploaded, I though it would be a somewhat long reply. From that it would be either you or Reppu. And last time I checked Reppu doesn't usually post gifs :)

Anyway, I'll come back to this a bit later after I formulate my arguments.

@Scarlet:

We're going off-topic but whatever.

Oh, so I take that long to reply huh? Hmm... I really need to finish my typing my thought process before I put flashy stuff huh?

I will go with inconclusive here since Saber could keep herself from getting hit,but Akame also has a big chance of striking her and wining with her curse.

I just realised there is actually no reason to ever put bloodlusted for Akame. I mean she will kill you if you get in her way and she doesn't care who you are.

Since this is composite Saber, I'll definitely go for Saber. Reasons:

AP and Durability is comparable (with Saber might having the edge here),

Precog is a very powerful advantage (would have been enough reason to give it to Saber even if it would have been Fate Saber)

Saber has more experience, since she is constanly fighting the strongest heroes of history

Excaliblast (serious about winning is enough for me to see her using it from the start)

Avalons active (should be restricted imo, because broken af for battles at this tier)

various other things (invisible sword, prana bursts, wind barrier)

I really don't want to come off as mean but here's the problem with this matchup. Akame has two big things that make her powerfull, her speed and her one cut killer(the first part is what really feeds into the the second) but that's it. By equalizing her speed, you completely take away one advantage and severally weaken the other, anyone with equal or new equal speed along with extra abilities are more then capable of handling her. Esdeath was able to overwhelm her despite Akame having backup from Mine Budo gave her a lot of trouble Kurome casually knocked her off the Danger beast with some help from her puppets And Kurome despite being wounded from Chelsea and having fewer puppets was still able to cut Akame multiple times without even activating her imperial arms, give her Murasame and RIP

Equalize the speed, Akame is at a huge disadvantage, don't and it's a blitz.

It's a cool matchup, but characters that have a heavy reliance on speed are almost impossible to find good matchups for(hence why there's no good Flash or Claymore matches, and why Maka vs Ruby can't be reliably done)

You misread, perhaps I should have made it more clear. My point was if you equalize speed Akame is at a huge disadvantage, don't and it's a blitz

And if you remove speed equalized, Akame trollstomps with vastly superior speed and one-shot haxx. It became all the more pointless.

Gonna agree here with Gargoyle. Akame's primary focuses are speed and her teigu. Taking speed away from her is as good as killing her, especially against someone of Saber's caliber.

I was replying to your point on the whole speed equalized thing and not that Akame blitzes argument, just that it was the example on hand.

It becomes all the more pointless. - me

I see your point but versus fights are rarely ever equal without speed equalized. It's just that we choose the lesser of two trollstomps when it comes to making matches.

Gemmysaur said:
I was replying to your point on the whole speed equalized thing and not that Akame blitzes argument, just that it was the example on hand.

It becomes all the more pointless. - me

I see your point but versus fights are rarely ever equal without speed equalized. It's just that we choose the lesser of two trollstomps when it comes to making matches.
Then don't use a character that has a heavy reliance on speed. Akame ga kill and Claymore have heavy focuses on it, which is why they don't have many threads/victories.

That defeats the purpose of having a versus fight if you can't use a character you wish against someone of near-equal standing.

DBverse is reliant on speed, but they have skill too.

Bleachverse is reliant on speed, but they have haxx too.

Narutoverse is reliant on speed, but they have a myriad of other abilities too.

Akame, she is reliant on speed, but she has skill and a one-shot sword too. She isn't really what one can call a one-dimensional fighter whose only argument is 'lol speedblitz'. Hell, even the Flash, who is the posterboy for trollblitz arguments, has other abilities not necessarily tied to him being massively, massively faster than his opponent.

DBZ isn't reliant on speed just because they're fast, most of the characters can keep up with one another, unlike Akame who uses her speed to her advantage.

Akame has her speed and her OCK sword and her skill. But that's it, to say DBZ character have speed and skill is barely scratching the surface of their abilities (healing, teleportation, ki, magic etc)

Here's the problem, when one character has tons of abilities outside their speed (Saber) while one character mostly relies on her speed and has nothing much in comparison outside of that, that's the problem.

Oh forgot about this.

Well Gemmy said pretty much what I wanted to say the other day. I just want to add the fact that Saber is a better swordswoman than Akame and her invisible sword will make it hard for Akame to judge the distance and fight her effectively.

RedEye can still pull off a win by nicking her with Murasame, but that will be difficult because of Saber's armor protecting the most likely areas to get his during a fight: her torso (the center mass), outer thighs, legs, and hands as well as forearms. Akame's only viable targets are her head and shoulders.

That said, I think Saber takes this 7/10.

Gargoyle 1 said:
Any response to my comment? Saber has this for reasons above.

Also who do you LIKE more?
Nah I actually kinda agree this time lmao. Also I think I like Akame just a little more. Imo she's more waifu material (cuz Saber looks 14 and I ain't about that) and she's more aesthetically pleasing (but Saber's armor dress is badass). I should really rewatch Unlimited Blade Works tho I haven't watched it since it ended. </div>

Back