• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WilliamShadow said:
I agree.Akame is a better waifu material. Won't derail anymore no worries.
Lmao it's fine I don't mind some derailing on my threads as long as the job gets done (which it seems like it will be if Saber gets one more vote).

WilliamShadow said:
I agree.Akame is a better waifu material. Won't derail anymore no worries.
Yeah, Akame is IMO the most beautiful anime girl. Plus she's badass and interesting, plus her development in AGK zero and her interesting relationship with Kurome is tragic

I change my vote to Saber since she isn't a glass canon here.

Actually, never mind. I also think this might be a stomp/mismatch especially if what Scarlet said about her armor is true. She's way better in close combat and has precognition which enabled her to dodge something like Tsubame Gaesh. Her dodging that thing is going to make it a big pain for Akame to hit her at all. And we know Akame is sort of useless/severely handicapped against people who wear armors. She had that problem against Wave and unlike that situation Saber's armor doesn't have an exploitable weakness. Neither will she have the luxury of running circles around her and try to figure out the armor's weakness (it doesn't even have one in the first place) when Saber has superior range and is better with a sword (meaning it's not even guaranteed that she will hit the armor) . She can't even attempt to do that here since her trump card tires her out fast. Even if we generously assume that she can hit Saber's head (which is virtually impossible), Gilgamesh apparently blocked Tsubame Gaeshi by covering his head with his hands (and I'm sure he wasn't using Sha Nagba Imuru since he's an arrogant bastard) ) so I see no reason why Saber can't do the same especially since her precognition is really good. So yeah, I think it's a mismatch. Or stomp.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Gilgamesh apparently blocked Tsubame Gaeshi by covering his head with his hands (and I'm sure he wasn't using Sha Nagba Imuru since he's an arrogant bastard) ) so I see no reason why Saber can't do the same especially since her precognition is really good. So yeah, I think it's a mismatch. Or stomp.
In fact Gilgamesh was using Sha Nagba Imuru at the time, from that he knew he shouldn't engage Kojirou in close combat under any circumstance. And also Kojrou's weapon, Monohoshizao, is very brittle and can be easily deflected with either another weapon or armor.

The only reason Saber was able to evade Tsubame Gaeshi was because his sword was dented in the previous encounter with her so there was an opening in Tsubame Gaeshi that Saber could exploit.

Oh, cool. Did it happen in F/Z or F/SN?

Still, I think it's a mismatch. Not like Akame has some fancy or complex sword moves (I don't know if she gained something new with her trump card so I'm assuming that's the case).

It happened in FSN. The UBW anime got it wrong. During the first encounter Kojirou used two slashes in his Tsubame Gaeshi, which is the reason Saber survived it. The real technique has three slashes making it unavoidable. During their second encounter, Kojirou damaged his weapon on purpose to force Saber to fight on levelled ground, allowing him to use Tsubame Gaeshi (he can't use it on uneven ground). Since the sword was bent, the technique resulted flawed which allowed Saber to exploit it and defeat him.

I don't think this is a mismatch, more like a decisive win, at least in my opinion. Akame has comparable stats and her sword is far more haxed than Excalibur. It's just that Saber outclasses her in swordsmanship.

And I didn't say Saber's armor is indestructable, it has been broken through many times. It's just that it will provide an extra layer of protection to prevent Murasame's effects.

Also Akame has a habit of striking the throat and mid section of the torso (both of which is Saber's case have openings).

Img000036Tumblr okxuehlTjX1w0ii2ho1 500LL0EB3

Yeah, it's not indestructible but Akame has a hard time getting through armors. She only did so in Wave's case because he had a weak spot and he didn't have ranged attacks (well my memory of this one is really fuzzy). Yeah, Murasame is more haxxed than Excalibur, but like I said, Akame is severely disadvantaged against armored opponents. She won't be able to conveniently hit Saber in her unarmoured areas. Saber is much better than Akame and I have a hard time thinking that she can successfully slash her throat or torso. In fact, Saber is more likely to do so. If her precognition is really borderline future sight like Gemmy said, I don't get how Akame will successfully slash her in any of those spots especially when she's at a disadvantage in close combat in the first place. If Saber could fight that well against Berserker and even knock him to the ground despite being at a tier disadvantage, she will have no problems against Akame (speaking of which, why is Saber not 7-A with Prana Burst if she could perform that well?). Precognition will only make it worse. She only needed one slice to successfully defeat Esdeath but she had a lot of trouble against her (now that I think of it, I don't know how Akame defeated Esdeath since she apparently broke Murasame) and Esdeath is surely not Saber's equal or superior in swordsmanship. Seeing as Ennoodzuno tires her out fast, it's only really worse for her.

About Esdeath, basically Akame used Esdeaths old rapier to hit the handle of Murasame in order to strike Esdeath before she could react.

Okay. Is Akame ga Kill over? Oh, and don't tell me what happens after Akame vs Esdeath.
Quite dissapointing ending honestly... Still better than in the anime.

WilliamShadow said:
Quite dissapointed ending honestly... Still better than in the anime.
That afterimage trick was enough to give me cancer.

Also
Akame Ga Kill Spoilers
I hated the fact that Leone got screwed over :(

ScarletFirefly said:
It happened in FSN. The UBW anime got it wrong. During the first encounter Kojirou used two slashes in his Tsubame Gaeshi, which is the reason Saber survived it. The real technique has three slashes making it unavoidable. During their second encounter, Kojirou damaged his weapon on purpose to force Saber to fight on levelled ground, allowing him to use Tsubame Gaeshi (he can't use it on uneven ground). Since the sword was bent, the technique resulted flawed which allowed Saber to exploit it and defeat him.
Are you sure it's a mistake the anime made and not a route difference between Fate and ubw? I haven't played the ubw route yet, so I don't know.

Also, yes the last few episodes of the akame ga kill anime were terrible.

@DaFritzi

It was an artistic change the anime made. Saber was still struggling against Berserker in the novel.

DaFritzi said:
Are you sure it's a mistake the anime made and not a route difference between Fate and ubw? I haven't played the ubw route yet, so I don't know.
Positive. This is from UBW

She has experienced the move before.
…The previous one only had an arc to surround his enemy and a vertical slash. That is why she was able to avoid it and live up to this day.

But the real technique has three slashes. A circular slash and a vertical slash. …And probably a horizontal slash that cuts anyone that escapes sideways. There is nowhere to run if the three attacks are executed all at once.

Wow. I can't believe Akame is dead.

Welp I'd say this fight is over. Can someone conclude this thread and add this to their pages?

RedEye is kill, but at least she got a win against Zoro :)

I'll add this to their profiles a little bit later.

If anyone wants a cool Akame fight, look here, she could use the support.

Hey, why'd you count my vote? I already said I think it's a mismatch which is why I said 'never mind'.
Oh crap. I must've misread something then. I apologize.

Back