• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Negi Springfield

Both sides can win here, but for now I'll vote for Ainz via death manipulation. If it's resisted, he can use TGOALID.

Can normal Instant Death attacks affect Negi? (not TGOALID)

Grasp Heart would probably not work due to Negi's regen

Mx2432 said:
Can normal Instant Death attacks affect Negi? (not TGOALID)

Grasp Heart would probably not work due to Negi's regen
Grasp heart is just death manipulation. Nothing to regen there.

Another question, if Negi activates Great Vigour of the Thunderous Sky from his base is it still speed equalized?

Ok thanks, if normal ID's are not viable to kill Negi (still debatable), the only ones I think that might work on Negi is Black Hole (though Negi might be able to escape this), TGOALID and Wish upon a star (still don't get the limits of this or what he can actually do here)

Maybe there are more, I am not sure.

Are artifacts allowed for Negi? because Ensis Exorcizans would be extremely useful alongside Diarium Ejus

Mx2432 said:
Are artifacts allowed for Negi? because Ensis Exorcizans would be extremely useful alongside Diarium Ejus
Yes, both Negi and Ainz can use all their weapons/objects/artifacts in this fight.

Even World Item's for Ainz? (Though the only useful one would probably be Depiction of Nature and Society since the other's are not really useful in this situation or we don't really know what their abiities are) Though it would be OOC for him to use them here

I think it might be possible for Negi to negate TGOALID, Ensis Exorcizans has the ability to negate magic forming a barrier around the wielder, it might protect Negi from the attack by negating it due to it being a magic spell or if Negi attacks Ainz whilst the ability is activating whilst using the sword. He only has to get Ainz inside the Barrier or stab the sword into ainz to prevent him from using the spell, a similar feat happened in the manga where the sword was stabbed into a magic user preventing their abilities to be used.

Yes, but he does not activate TGOALID in the first turn due to its downside of a long cooldown, it's usually a last resort kind of deal.

That's why I asked if normal ID attacks work which is more in his character. Because if Negi survives, He would most likely use the Sword due to Ainz's nature as a supernatural being and a magic user. And the Sword's ability to negate magic could possibly negate the Time Stop spell if activated again or at least not affect Negi.

Well, I don't see why it wouldn't, unless their resistance is very strong. Has it ever negated a time stop spell before?

It negates all forms of supernatural energy surrounding the user, his time stop is still fueled by magic so it could possibly negate it. Though if it can't he can use Cassiopeia to stop time for a few seconds and travel through time.

But if Negi can't resist Instant Death Magic, then he loses.

True Death already negates resistances.

TGoaLiD lets him kill things that aren't even alive, i.e. negate immunity.

Dargoo Faust said:
True Death already negates resistances.
TGoaLiD lets him kill things that aren't even alive, i.e. negate immunity.
True Death does not negate resistance unless I missed something within the story.

He doesn't actually stop time per say, The manga says that he repeatedly travels through time in high speeds and appears in the same time again that it creates a an effect like time-stop, but the main use of this ability is to travel through time, another use is to travel through time and appearing in the same time again in a different location to completely dodge an attack making it instantaneous.

True Death does not negate resistance unless I missed something within the story.

It went through Gazeff's resistance as far as I know.

Gazeff's armor is resistant to death magic of a lower tier but not on the level of True death which is a higher level death spell. It doe not negate immunity but just that Gazef's armor was not strong enough to defend against it.

Depends, if this was Negi-Ialda he might and also the Sword Negi uses that negates magic stems from Asuna's magic null which has the capacity to negate attacks from the Mage of Beginning who is the strongest being in Negima that has mastery of all types of magic and can even affect reality and time.

Mx2432 said:
Gazeff's armor is resistant to death magic of a lower tier but not on the level of True death which is a higher level death spell. It doe not negate immunity but just that Gazef's armor was not strong enough to defend against it.
The fantranslation doesn't say that? Unless the official translation changes it?

Fantranslation:

The Gauntlets of Vitality, which negated fatigue. The Amulet of Immortality, which let him regenerate his wounds. The Guardian Armor, crafted of the hardest metal known to man (adamantite), and enchanted with magic that deflected lethal blows. And finally, Razor Edge, a magic sword crafted in pursuit of absolute sharpness, which could carve through enchanted armor like the proverbial hot knife through butter.

I don't know if it's legit but I found it in the wiki

It says it negates insta-kill attacks, but since it was made with the knowledge limited to the new world, higher tier magics from Ygdrassil was not accounted for.

True Death doesn't negate resistance and TGOALID absolutely doesn't let you "bypass immunity" or "kill" something that isn't conventionally alive.

Unless I missed something big.

Mx2432 said:
I don't know if it's legit but I found it in the wiki
It says it negates insta-kill attacks, but since it was made with the knowledge limited to the new world higher tier magics from Ygdrassil was not accounted for.
Looking at the explanation for it's ability, whomever typed it was pretty much placing the assumption that because gazef's armor can deflect lethal attacks, that means it can negate instant death attacks with no proof at all. From the comments: https://gyazo.com/ca6ff92455360a803b7ae01f06488562

Assaltwaffle said:
True Death doesn't negate resistance and TGOALID absolutely doesn't let you "bypass immunity" or "kill" something that isn't conventionally alive.

Unless I missed something big.
Wasn't it stated the Homunculus it killed lacked a concept of life?

@Exodus

That's hilariously overpowered if it is the case, but you'd need an EXCESSIVE amount of proof to get conceptually bypassing death hax.

This is the quote

"In that moment — the world died.

This was not metaphorical.

Everything died.

The Einherjar evaporated into white mist as it couched its lance, and dispersed before Ainz's eyes. Even a homunculus with no concept of life died instantly. Shalltear's familiars shared the same fate, unable to resist the destruction which overtook them."

Back