• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Dovahkiin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
Speed Equalized.

Dovahkiin is at his best with all his stats at their peak.

Dovahkiin had access to the best Weapons, Armors and Objects from the game.

Dovahkiin had access to all Dragon Shouts and Magic Spells from the game.

Dovahkiin can also use both Werewolf and Vampire forms.

Round 1: Standard

Round 2: No Time Stop for Ainz

Dovahkiin: 0 ()

Ainz: 2 (William Shrekspire, Unholy Bindings)

Inconclusive: 0 ()

I really enjoy that you brought to the fight a couple of my favorite characters from zone 6-C. However, do not you think it's a bit unfair fight? Because everything comes down to lolGraspHeartGG.

Seriously, Dovahkiin has no answer to Insta-Kill, Death Mainp and Time-Stop.

Ainz timestops and insta kills, even Dovahkiin is affected by time slow time, time stop is out of question.

If you get rid of time stop, it pretty much goes into another who reacts first situation

Dragonborn rips his soul out or becomes ethereal (thus making all of ainz's attacks moot), or Ainz death manips him.

OpMasada said:
If you get rid of time stop, it pretty much goes into another who reacts first situation

Dragonborn rips his soul out or becomes ethereal (thus making all of ainz's attacks moot), or Ainz death manips him.
Becoming etheral doesn't allow you to attack, it's pointless for use it for anything other than sheer defense.

Ainz has lots of spells up his sleeve, Dovahkiin only has shouts and what his gear can offer him.

The into way dovahkiin can win this, if he pulls the wabbajack straight outta the blue, otherwise Ainz haxstomps.

And since when has Dovahkiin ripped out souls other than soul gems that require you to kill someone first?

Soul tear, if I remember correctly it's a shout ( or spell? ) you gain from a DLC.

Ethereal does allow you to attack, but it ends the effect the moment you do so, whether dovahkiin has the wabbajack or not is up to the OP

OpMasada said:
Soul tear, if I remember correctly it's a shout ( or spell? ) you gain from a DLC. Ethereal does allow you to attack, but it ends the effect the moment you do so.
The only thing that I can recall that tears souls is his natural ability which works only on dragons and soul trap which traps a souls in a soul gem if killed in given time.

Idk bout the rest

I checked the wiki:

"This shout can cause heavy damage by ripping the soul out of an opponent." It does do soul trap if you have a gem tho.

1) Becoming ethereal does not help much to Dovahkiin, since in this form he can not perform any attack.

Ainz, in contrast, can injure intangible beings.

2) The transmutation effect of Wabbajack comes from magic. The Daedra artifact also will not work because of Ainz's high magical resistance and absorption.

3) Soul Rip lacks range, and probably wont work on undead.

I'm tempted to give it to Ainz due to grasp heart, but Dovahkiin should have an insane magic resistance in lore, which is even higher with daedric artifacts (Savior's Hide and Spellbreaker). I personally don't know how strong daedric artifacts are, but since their power comes from tier 2 gods and I'm pretty sure that they can affect them too (I've heard that Umbra became sentient and stole part of Clavicus Vile's realm and power in a novel) they may be much stronger than they look in the game, so it could be better to wait for lore experts.

Ainz probably still wins tho, even if he's extremely resistant to magic he shouldn't be completely immune.

Kami95 said:
I'm tempted to give it to Ainz due to grasp heart, but Dovahkiin should have an insane magic resistance in lore, which is even higher with daedric artifacts (Savior's Hide and Spellbreaker). I personally don't know how strong daedric artifacts are, but since their power comes from tier 2 gods and I'm pretty sure that they can affect them too (I've heard that Umbra became sentient and stole part of Clavicus Vile's realm and power in a novel) they may be much stronger than they look in the game, so it could be better to wait for lore experts.

Ainz probably still wins tho, even if he's extremely resistant to magic he shouldn't be completely immune.
Dovahkiin still has no answer to Instant Death and Timestop

I think so too, but technically speaking Death manipulation and Time Manipulation are form of magic (both in Overlord and TES) so his magic resistance could extend to them too. It may be better to ask a knowledgeable member, idk tho.

Oh, look, I must have slightly forgotten that the Dragonborn is blessed with all these Daedra entities. Undoubtedly, it grants him astronomical immunity to magic, if you follow the lore.

However, the only thing that upsets, the profile of Dovahkiin does not indicate the resistance to Death Manipulation, which means the right end for him.

"but technically speaking Death manipulation and Time Manipulation are form of magic (both in Overlord and TES)"

Not true at all. In Overlord, in order for the Death Manip. to be successfully nulified, you need to have a racial, specific or whatever resistance to it. The same goes for Time Stop and other forms of Time Manipulation (So-called countermeasures). Nothing to do with magical resistance.

In short, how will this match take place.

Round 1. Ainz thinks; Dovahkiin dies.
Round 2. Ainz thinks; Dovahkiin dies.

I'm almost completely sure that this is a huge stomp.

I see, if death-based and time-based spells can't be stopped by magic resistance it's different. I'm still not sure about Savior's Hide and Spellbreaker, but I'd go with Ainz fra until someone can prove me wrong.

Going ethereal isn't going to help Dovakihn either, Ainz has spells that can hit ethereal beings, like in his fight with shalltear (when she enters her mist form).

One of the only weapons in Skyrim with instant-death added to it is Mehrune's razor, and that item can be used by an NPC to one-shot a Dragonborn too, which I think proves that instant-death spells do work against Dragonborn -- also Ainz's grasp heart stuns for 5 seconds if resisted so during that time he could fire off a Nuclear Blast, a vermillion nova, a black hole, a reality slash, or a combination very quickly

Ainz wins both rounds comfortably with and without time stop

Dovahkiin has a Staff of Magnus. With the help of his staff, he can absorb all the mana of Ainz. Without mana, Ainz will loose to Dovahkiin.

Holy Necro Batman! This is so outdated and Dovahkiin is about to be upgraded to Tier 2 making this a stomp. Closing time in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back