• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz and the Great Tomb of Nazarick are trying to conquer your favorite verse, how does this goes ?

Being a WCI does not equal planet level. The only WCI that even have planet level feats are a select few of the Twenty.

I think there are direct quotes that don't agree.

World Class Items.

These items were closely linked to the game world of YGGDRASIL.

The World Tree Yggdrasil had countless leaves, but then a gigantic monster appeared which devoured these leaves, causing them to fall one after the other, until only nine were left. These nine leaves were the previous incarnations of the Nine Worlds: Asgard, Alfheim, Vanaheim, Nidavellir, Midgard, Jotunheim, Niflheim, Helheim, and Muspelheim.

However, that leaf-eating monster continued its advance on those nine remaining leaves. This was the backstory upon which the players adventured into unknown worlds in order to protect their own world.

What did those World Class Items represent? They were equivalent to those other leaves — in other words, a single World Class Item represented a world. Thus, the basic design principle of World Class Items was that they possessed enormous power, and indeed, many World Class Items were extremely powerful.

Many players had even expressed the opinion that these items were too imbalanced, but the developers simply replied, "The possibilities of the world are not that small," and showed no intention of changing these balance breakers.

The developers seemed to have a soft spot for the word "World," and so any class or monster with "World" in its name was usually much stronger than normal.

To the developers, the incredibly powerful last boss of the main campaign storyline — known as the "World Eater" — was the signature World Class Enemy. In addition, only the winners of a tournament held in each world could become a "World Champion."

Literal definition of a world item.

ExodusNexus said:
They were equivalent to those other leaves — in other words, a single World Class Item represented a world. Thus, the basic design principle of World Class Items was that they possessed enormous power, and indeed, many World Class Items were extremely powerful.

Many players had even expressed the opinion that these items were too imbalanced, but the developers simply replied, "The possibilities of the world are not that small," and showed no intention of changing these balance breakers.
That seems pretty definitive to me aswell.

Pretty sure that can't apply, unlike video games, this is a novel, so video game lore like that which have little meaning over the item wouldn't apply here.

If I had to only pick one of my favorites. I would pick the D&D Verse since Overlord is heavily inspired by D&D, and really I would love to see an Ainz VS Acererak match.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Dio punches and Kars "Understands"
Depends on if this is EOH Dio, if so then yeah Dio literally punches reality and kills them all.

Kars is getting stomped, unless again it's JORGE JOESTAR.

OpMasada said:
Pretty sure that can't apply, unlike video games, this is a novel, so video game lore like that which have little meaning over the item wouldn't apply here.
Video game lore?

All of the NPC's personality was literal lore written by the players when it was a game, it all came true in the new world. It obviously does apply. And if you are denying that, then back that up with some proof, a quote of some kind. Because everything we have been lead to believe is that text, flavour text and game effects were brought over into the new world.

I kind of have to agree with Jugger. It's clear most effects were carried over, and the only difference is some, like Wish Upon a Star, were strengthened.

Gundam would fare badly me think. Shaman King, probably stop at some high tier, not to mention freaking Hao is a thing. Legendary Moonlight Sculptor should be dominated easily, but Lee Hyun>Suzuki Satoru as a gamer trufax

In a SF setting without any kind of hax able to put him down, Ainz would probably learn how to use any technology able to do what his magic can't do, if he needs to conquer several planets for example. My favorite anime is Legend of the galactic heroes, and while it's power leveling isn't really relevant, i can't help but wonder if Ainz would be able to manage an empire way larger than the earth. He's intelligent, but politics on the new world can't really compare to politics on a galactic scale. Well, to be honest, if he's unkillable, he got all the time he needs to learn.

Time for my customary wall of text

Dark Souls: Probably not, due to tier 4s and all, though he sure can conquer a lot of he shows up at a time before everything starts to hollow. Maybe Nito was Ainz all alonm, I mean both are skeleton dudes with coats of darkness and death magic.

Magic: The Gathering: Tries to exploit Bolas only to find that Bolas was the one to exploit him all along. I kinda want to make a match between him and Liliana though.

Bloodborne: Non corporeal passive mindhax. There's not much of a society left for those skills of his to be put to work with.

Berserk (Verse): Should clear

Cthulhu Mythos: If its not 1-A, Ainz is okay, probably diplomacies protected Randolph or something.

Darkest Dungeo: I could see a partnership with the heroes form, which would certainly make the game much easier. Idk how he fares against the Sleeper, but aside from that he should clear through alliance.

Destiny: This depends on if Ainz is able to assume the role of the new speaker or not. He's not taking down the Hive or the Vex, so his best bet would be to try to ally with the Light and the Guardians. I don't think he can really take over by force or survive a fight with the top tiers or PC guardians though.

Warhammer 40,000: Actually an interesting scenario for a written story of some sort, especially considering the fanfic friendly nature of 40k. Definitely won't become overlord of the verse tho.

Salt and Sanctuary: Should clear

Hotline Miami: Should clear

Hollow Knight (Verse): Should clear

Super Smash Bros.: Dies to tier 2

The Legend of Zelda: His goal definitely runs into conflict with Ganondorf, and I'd side with the latter most of the time. May actually be a fair match though.

DOOM: Should clear

If he kills all of humanity that goes away.

Considering that it's formed by the gestalt unconsciousness of humanity as a way to justify evil, if Ainz can find that out with his 6 months of prep and research, if he puts himself into the role of a Devil figure, or god of evil or what have you, Ainz becoming the Idea of Evil takes care of having to deal with it.

Idea of Evil > Griffith's causality manipulation seems to function as an offshoot of his fate manipulation, or possibly vice versa, and is used for subtly control the world of Berserk by influencing the subconsciousness of humanity and causing many minor but cumulative events eventually leading to a desired outcome. It is likely inapplicable for spontaneous one on one combat.

since this is Ainz being dropped in the verse, it would be very applicable as the desired outcome is Griffith being the ruler of all

For Zelda, it mainly depends in which era they appear. If they appeared sometime before the Zelda II prologue, they should make it Low-Diff. If they appeared somewhere during the ALTTP era or the prologue of BOTW, they easily get jobbed.

I'm more interested in Nazarick in Slime. Join up with Rimuru or something.

All hail monstrous races! death to all humans! (though, Slime Humans can actually reach top tier instead of Overlord Humans who are absolute fodders)

Rimuru and ainz are like polar opposites, they wouldn't get a long. Ainz as an undead doesn't care about humans, and goes out of his way to kill them, rimuru wants humans and monster to coexist but obviously some humans want to exterminate monsters, so rimuru has to defend himself.

Regardless nazarick's goal of world domination wouldn't fly with any of the demon lords, they would be deemed a threat to be taken out.

Ignoring that though, ainz could get pretty op if rimru upgraded him to be a true demon lord, would probably be one of rimuru's strongest subordinates.

The Gamer: Depends on how he plays his cards. The god-tiers might simply decide to blitz and kill him, and with the ridicolous amounts of srying abilities, it wouldn't be hard either.

Naruto: Really depends when he is dropped off. He could become the juubi jinchuriki for all that it matters.

Sims: Get's possesed by the player

Doki Doki Literature Club!: Depends when, again. Likely gets erased regardless, and the plot wouldn't react well to him anyways.

Kusoge: Protagonist-ku makes them harem members.

The Real World: He fails to conquer it because keeping a worldwide tyranny is plain impossible. Likely gives up eventually on his own.

EU Star Wars: Get's mindhaxed

Minecraft: Eventually steve gets bored o getting killed and dreams him away

@CP yeah... many Demon Lords are actually reasonable fellows (forgot aboyt that).

Nazarick might be able to be used as Dungeon for people to evolve. iirc Rudra in his game with Gii, throws people to see if they can evolve to Sage or not.

.... I want Ainz to kill Rudra and Yuuki. but Rudra has Velgrynd unfortumately.

but who knows? Ainz might be able to evolve into True Demon Lord himself. he likes to experiment a lot after all.

Back