• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz and the Great Tomb of Nazarick are trying to conquer your favorite verse, how does this goes ?

If he enters anywhere that doesn't have heavy turbolasers, he likely soloes.

If he does and doesn't hide his presence in whatever planet he spawns into well, he's found at one moment or another and heavy turbolasered from thousands of kilometers away by a fleet if it escalates high enough. A torrent of High 6-C lasers is one way to die.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
it did take nine volumes for him to really make his presence known in a world without many viable threats to him I think he'll manage decently well, He'd need to f up really badly to draw enough attention to get himself turbo lasered and despite all ainz flaws...A lack of paranoia isn't one of them :p

What would ainz even do to get himself turbolasered at least early on? i can't think of anything in particular. Yeah he looks bizarre but short of him going out and killing a load of people very blatantly I don't see him drawing much attention before he has his bearings. this is a conquest scenario after all, so basically its just ainz waking up here instead of new world.

Considering he would be moving after the rest of the Galaxy at one moment or another and not just remain on the planet, plus his casual disregard for high body counts if he thinks it's worth it, plus the fact the Star Wars universe is not incompetently below Ainz in technological level (much less in detection technologies), it seems like a likely eventuality.

How so? The empire is far from perfect and the galaxy is massive. few if any have the means to deal with ainz death hax and they have far from perfect detection tech.He would be moving against the galaxy but not right away.

Hes going to be spending time building up resources, logistics, and information. this will take him far longer then it did in new world but i don't see ainz moving without first gaining a healthy pool of knowledge. Also short of him being on a high security world how would the empire even learn of him. His movements rarly result in the death of more then a few thousand (unless he's proving a point). The empire is far from perfectly in control of the space they lord over and i don't see them even realizing theres a problem unless ainz decides to try and kill everyone on the planet.

Ainz has all the time in the world to figure out his plans/movements, space ships aren't hard to come by in the grand scheme of things so nothing stops ainz and co from moving about to gather info. He doesn't need to destroy the empire simply take control of it, considering some of ainz servants and the amount of time he has? I see him pulling it off more often then not.

Then again all of this does ignore how the force would precieve ainz which would be rather interesting to think about, while I could see the argument that his ring would block the force from preceiving him, what about when he takes it off? How would the force see ainz ooal gown?

We would just assume he could be felt like any force sensitive, equalizing and all that. Even if not, I doubt the force wouldn't interact with his Mana business.. Not to mention, the supposition here isn't Ainz coming alone - is Ainz and the whole Nazarick group.

And I mean, the likes of the Emperor has Galactic range on his force senses. Vader and such has interstellar, and he moves around all the time to the many sectors of the Galaxy to do the empire's work. More than anything, the empire isn't "perfect", but it doesn't need to be and is more effective than you seem to be implying. Ainz knows nothing about the technology, how to operate it or how it even works. And the moment he starts mind ******* or threatening people capable enough of riding a big spaceship is the moment he is far too close to the business of someone that will notice something is amiss. No perfect control also matters little with the vast majority of planets under their control, putting any actions of Ainz on their radar unless we'd assume the way more unlikely chance he ends somewhere they won't notice stuff as quick.

The empire also has all the time in the world to realize something is amiss. It doesn't matter squat how sneaky you try to be, affecting stuff on a whole planet, which he will do eventually, will leave a trace. Again, this is no rural medieval world where Ainz has the technological advantage by leaps and bounds.

Wait palp has galatic senses in the canon series? damn its been way to long since i watched these movies.

Why would ainz move to take control of a planent when he knows theres a galatic empire around? why would he ever work to effect an entire planet? He doesn't know how to work a star ship good thing mind control magic is a thing, shalltear creates a few thralls and ainz has space ships yay. He doesn't exactly need a star destroyer to get around, why would the empire care about some random ship?

If we're equalizing ainz and nazerick are protected from scrying/detection magic so...shrug

except why would an empire struggling with a rebel uprising bother looking in ainz direction?

for the record im implying the empire is exactly as competent as it has been shown, ie creating a massive super weapon that blows up if you shoot it in the right place. I know theres some cannon explanation about someone putting that design flaw in intentionally But the thought of the emperor getting annoyed with a group of engineers cause they insist on putting a vulnerable opening makes me chuckle.

Perhaps because he's trying to conquer the verse?

And will likely be spending most of his six months trying to understand the verse's setting

so in a verse with a galaxy wide empire he's going to focus on conquering a single planet so he can draw the empires ire and get himself nuked? ainz isn't a moron, there is no timelimit on him, he doesn't need to start conquering off the bat, he can plan ahead (Or let demiurge plan ahead) why would he bother with a single planent when he knows there are far bigger and badder fish to fry?

edit huh been a while since i read over the op if he gets discovered automatically he can't pull off a victory here, atleast not without some serious luck/diplomacy, he probably fairs better after palpatines death...

He will need to move and seize power in some manner of meaningful way if he wants to conquer anything, whether he does it stealthily or not. He can of course be diplomatic and using non aggression, but he still needs some manner of sway or hold to be worth anyone's trouble. Trying to get power the stealthy way is unlikely to work - all of his agents would need to never even cross into interstellar range of the likes of Vader lest he smell something fishy.

So just gonna assume we're discussing canon Star Wars. So few points.

1. Palpatine does not have the ability to sense individuals across the galaxy. The most he gets is "something ominous is going on in this general area of the sector" or "something will happen". Otherwise he wouldn't had needed whole teams in hunting down the remaining Jedi, especially newly created ones like the MC in Rebels. Seriously the canon show Rebels basically shuts down the ixea that the Empire, or Palpatine/Vader, is capable of such precise locating. I mean its not like every instance of a Jedi using the force across the galaxy sets off alarms in the two sith lords minds. Even then Ainz's ring should block it.

2. The Empire doesn't even know whats going on in 1/3 of their own territory, let alone the outer rim planets. Whole civil wars, mass genocides, crime lords conquering planets, etc either gets ignored by the Empire or goes under their own nose. The only planets that will get under their notice are one's within the upper regions of the galaxy, seriously crime lords are able to amass a fleet of ships without care from the Empire. The Empire is also struggling to control a large part of their own territory to the point they're constantly spreading their own forces far too apart to quell the continuous open rebellion, just a reminder at its peak the Empire only had 25k ISD which is the main ships they use across the galaxy which doesn't exactly allow them to cover over billions of planets at a time.

3. It look Ainz almost a year to conquer a single kingdom after analyzing the local populace and such, also a vast majority of planets under the Empire aren't that technologically advance. By the time Ainz does have control over a planet he will have others besides Nazarick to operate the tech, ships, weapons, and other similar things. Most of the tech isn't that hard to understand to the point primitive species are able to understand it within a few months, such as the cat-like race Ashoka met in the Clone Wars series.

Jaba the hutt alone is frankly a higher threat under the eyes of the Empire considering his own influence over several planets than Ainz/Nazarick. I don't recall them ever deciding to bombard his planet to quell any further growth of influence.

Just saying, conquering planets or gaining them under one's own influence isn't always enough to automatically get bombarded by ISD ships. Especially depending on the specific sector or if its in the outer rim or how Ainz would do so. The Empire is far too busy putting trying to search planets for any Rebel presence, even then they don't exactly bombard the planet unless the entire planet's populace is openly declaring itself against the empire.

Fair enough i still think ainz could pull it with enough time/the correct magical defenses in place. hmm do ainz attempts fair any better after the death of vader/the emperor?

Far as I remember, Palpatine ****** with Luke's mind while he was all the way back on the outer rim, noticed the specific death of a Jedi in a far away planet and even the very change of the planet's fate. Just the same way they never felt anything from Palpatine, it is far from impossible the Jedi knew how to hide from his senses. And I never said anything precise, but Ainz is stupidly powerful by the standards of Canon and won't be doing little while getting ready, or his other guardians just as powerful. I don't see Palpatine picking something up, even if not pinpointing the exact country of the exact planet.

I won't comment much on the others, I am not a big expert of those finer details.

See thats sorta how i remembered the empire struggling to maintain its power and full of crime/warlords as sidious let the unvirse tear itself apart around him (i just didn't feel confident commenting on it cause i assumed I misremembered. Good to know thats not the case). them needing entire squadrons to hunt down people I also didn't remember palp or vader having exact senses.

So as with my original point i see ainz and co taking over eventually as long as they don't accidentally draw the empires ire, which would require them doing something absolutely ridiculous considering the fact the empire has fricken hutts with enough star ships to control entire sectors of space almost independent of them.

Back