• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz and the Great Tomb of Nazarick are trying to conquer your favorite verse, how does this goes ?

Yeah infamous has some hax and powerful people but they have no resistance to ainz and cos hax while ainz and the gardians can just ressurect if they get unlucky enough to die. saying that nazerick probably build up an army of conduits.

oblivion i understand, i know quite a few characters with great potential that never really got explored and its annoying. Im just giving my thoughts/stance on the issue. I hope I didn't come across overly agressive, as that wasn't really my intent.

Guess I'll add a few more

Bobobobo: Nah, this is stupid. Ainz likely just ends up rage quitting after too many sight gags.

Killer Instinct: Didn't Ainz Incon with Gargos awhile back? Not sure how that went but I'm leaning on yes for taking this verse down.

Bloodborne: Depends on how the Great Ones affect them, if they have prior knowledge I'm sure they can plan some workarounds but the top tiers might prove an issue. They might forge an alliance of convenience with the hunter to eliminate the monsters for a brief while but I doubt that lasts.

Elder Scrolls: Ouch, Mannimarco might offer Ainz an internship possibly. Dragonborn idk what they'd do. Regardless they don't solo at any rate

back then ainz didn't resist mind hax on the level of his world class item....He now does so the possiblity exist that his mental resist out weighs gargos, saying that it's still not 100% clear so...Shrug. Given prep and access to nazerick I agree he figures something out.

The thing is that the source matters. If the source of the mind manip is something that Ainz has no resistance to he really can't do much. Especially since here the mind manip isn't the power, it is a mere side effect of what is actually happening.

That being, that GER resets stuff to Zero. If Ainz's mind resistance doesn't cover getting his willpower set to 0 by causal powers, then his resistance isn't gonna do much.

Yeah considering there are literally no feats of this will power manip I gotta disagree, we don't know how it turns his willpower to zero using causality, so without feats or explanations I see no reason to believe it would null ainz resistance, it has never done so in the past and afaik it's never come up because of his death loop.

And source doesn't matter unless the specific mechanics are somehow important to the desired effect. Considering the entire ability comes from a single line and is never elaborated on? Im not buying it for the moment. Set willpower to zero, sounds like its effecting willpower, something ainz resist.

I am not sure what are you arguing, really. Not being shown doens't make it not a thing, nor does it change that it is made to happen by causality manipulation, which Ainz doens't resist. You are saying the equivalent of "he resists this ability he doesn't resist because it achieves an effect similar to another ability he does resist".

No im saying he resist the effect the ability is trying to bring about, he doesn't resist the ability but the effect and without feats I have zero reason to believe it will somehow bypass his defense. Its never elaborated on or even shown, its a featless ability that has never been explored/explained beyond a single sentence why would I assume it instantly bypasses ainz resistance to having his mind effected?

Yes, I would actually assume it does that if the mechanics by which it works are something Ainz has never been affected by and has never resisted. And he is resisting the ability if he's resisting the effects, you can't say A goes through but B doesn't when A is the cause and B is the effect. A cause doesn't effect, it causes an effect.

Lack of details doesn't make it nonexistent. Or would you also argue that if a causality manipulator made it so that the cause of a buff, the casting of it, never happened, someone who resisted his buffs getting cancelled still just resists because he resists the effect even if he doesn't resist the means it is accomplished?

You might but Im not you so....

It exist it just has zero feats of how it actually works without that i see no reason it would bypass ainz defense.

Different scenario the causality manipulator is stopping someone from ever casting the spell, that's explained, he's not even interacting with his opponents defense he is simply stopping the event from happening. What is ger stopping? How is he interacting with ainz to set his willpower to zero? what are the mechanics? We don't know, its not explained or explored.

A more accurate representation, Causality manipulator stops somone from buffing themeselves, its never explained how or the mechanics, he goes against someone with resistance to having there buffs blocked. If it's not explained I see zero reason to believe it will bypass his defense without any explanation/feats

heck more accurate person a resist mind manip, causality manip user induces fear with there ability, its never explained or explored, or even used. i wouldn't assume it could bypass person a mental resistance.

You are relying far too much on feats. Such a thing would just show how it works, the fact it works through Causality Manip wouldn't really change.

And we... do know? Return to Zero works the very same for everything. It makes things zero, like a video going backwards so it goes to the start. Mechanics don't make it not causality manip that Ainz doesn't resist.

So... you are pretty much just limiting abilities in ways they have never been shown to be limited because the effects they bring about are resisted despite the ability itself not being resisted, and the resistance never ever even showing that it can work on something as powerful as causality manipulation. I fail to see how that's any better, it just sounds "safer".

I think causality manipulation really bypasses resistance even if it's an effect the affected character normally resists, I could be very wrong but it would be really nice to have a note on the page.

Explain to me what the heck returning willpower to zero is? The example with buffing? Make sense even unexplained I could extrapolate what happened. But I can't figure what the heck ger is actually doing with it's causality manip, Is it effecting ainz memories? his ideas? Returning something to zero tells me nothing about how it actually works. Explain to me what its actually doing to cause the effect on ainz mind. Return to zero tells me nothing here.

it might, Im not sure what the site ruling is my stance is simple if it's not explained/explored how causality manip causes an effect we shouldn't assume it automatically bypasses defenses. Especially with something as vauge as setting willpower to zero, what cause and effect is it even interacting with?

>Explain to me what the heck returning willpower to zero is?

Willpower is at 0, meaning it doesn't really exist. GER's whole ability is reverting thing to zero. Diavolo used time erasure - GER reverted his time erasure to 0 and everything was back to normal.

Agh i don't like it but I know when Im beat, while I don't agree with it I guess the general consensus is it would beat out ainz mental defense. (causality manip is to big brain for me anyway :p) So ger convinces ainz to leave/stop fighting... Huh wonder what he does after that...

It doesn't convince him, it literally makes his willpower never happen. His willpower never really existed and anything with his will to fight never happened.

Yeah causality manip, dimensionality etc is also too big brain for me, you're not alone

Soul Calibur: Hmmmm, I can see Ainz taking this verse for the most part. Though Soul Edge and Algol may prove troublesome due to Astral Chaos stuff, kinda wanna say they can take it though the verse is undergoing some revisions so this may change.

Warhammer: Nope, Ainz I'm sorry but if you end up here your honestly just better off staying where you are and doing nothing. A cult might form around him and his merry band though.

Persona: Eventually they lose after getting to a certain point like the tier 4s or at worst the tier 2s, would be interesting to see Ainz interact with this verse though.

Shin Megami Tensei: Same as Persona, Ainz can probably assemble a small amount of mons to his side and handle the fodder. Eventually though he just gets his ass handed to him.

Star Wars: This depends on where they enter, they don't clear due to top tiers doing what they do. With prep time they could possibly take down Nihilus (Don't quote me on this) but eventually they stop somewhere.

Blazblue: They don't solo due to that lol 2-A hax, Ragna probably just tells Ainz to take a hike. Terumi trolls etc.

Does star wars non extended cannon key actually have anything to stop nazerick, been a long time since I really interacted with star wars but far as I remember there wasn't much to stop them. I mean I suppose if they're unlucky there planet gets nuked by the fiftieth death star but outside that?

All that talk about Ainz vs GER is making me wonder what would happen if GER used life manip on his body. My guess is it would be like when finn splashed the lich with guardian's blood,if Ainz's death aura can't counter it fast enough,that is.

The pen or the sword said:
Does star wars non extended cannon key actually have anything to stop nazerick, been a long time since I really interacted with star wars but far as I remember there wasn't much to stop them. I mean I suppose if they're unlucky there planet gets nuked by the fiftieth death star but outside that?
Bedlam Spirits

Aren't the bedlam spirits non cannnon now? further would they even care if ainz conquered the cosmos? Ainz doesn't have to kill/fight everyone simply conquer...

I don't know if they're canon anymore Disney turned SW into a dumpster fire and the latest film is gonna be a mercy kill imo. Pretty sure The Ones are canon unless I missed something

The ones exist in Disney cannon though they seem to be unlikly to actually interfere with ainz plans as there whole presence is sorta..weird. They could step in and stop from what I know...how liable they are to actually do so is up for debate... they don't seem quite as active in the cannon key.

ugh ive got a headache just trying to figure this one out. to be clear the ones appear in three episodes of clone wars amd two of rebels which is there cannon appearence, they don't seem to interact with the world very often. Id say as long as the ones don't step in ainz take over should be rather easy again he doesn't have to kill everyone, simply conquer.

Actually looking into it further, depending on when ainz enters the timeline the ones are irrelevant as they killed each other using the dagger of mortis (Ok the father killed himself, the son killed his sister, and the fathers death allowed anakin to kill the son) Even assuming ainz comes in before that they are still irrelevant because the father keeps them bound outside the galaxy and would rather kill himself then allow his children (Mostly his son tbf) to roam free. Ainz will never meet the ones if he's shoved into cannon star wars to conquer.

Back