• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
EmperorRorepme said:
Honestly this is a stomp. I forgot to add conceptual manipulation and abstract existence for Ahzek. He can interact with Daemons and is a Daemon himself. Daemons are made out of anything metaphysical.
SHould it be close?

I was wrong about Ahriman being a Daemon. But he still has conceptual manipulation and metaphysical manipulation. It's not a stomp anymore but going off profiles Ahriman still wins handily.

He should resist what he dishes out which is mind hax on at least a planetary scale. He should be able to mindhax even futher with rituals. Luke won't have a chance to mind hax before his powers are nulled or stripped away though. Ahriman can null with his willpower alone. Ahriman can precog and see all Luke's abilities and then just take them away or BFR him into a void immediately which is under Ahriman's full control. Ahriman can causally just timestop. He can go astral into the warp then grab Luke's soul and throw it to Daemons to feast on. He has so many thing he can do.

Why can't he?

Luke is galactic at the absolute least and his mindhax only takes a thought, and he leads with it every fight

If his mindhax resistance is only planetary, this is probably Incon as it's who shoots first

Ahzek has more stuff to destroy and has a higher chance of doing so with precog. Doubt Luke just mindhaxes at the start. Ahriman can literally null Luke with his presence. His mindhax is galactic? Meaning he can mind hax trillions upon trillions of people at once? It really doesn't mean much if he's just mindhaxing fodders it'd just be range.

Precog doesn't mean anything if both lead with thought based abilities at the start, as the battle is over just as it begins.

<Doubt Luke mindhaxes at the start.

Literally 90% of Dark Empire disagrees, and that's just one story post return of the Jedi.

Quadrillion's actually, as that counts the amount of sentients that exist throughout the galaxy and the trillions that live in thousands of solar systems.

<It really doesn't mean much if he's just mindhaxing fodders it's just be range.

This has been debunked for over a year. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1393942?useskin=oasis

Ahzeks Precog is passive so he probably leads with whatever to kill Luke, so it's more of an incon

Ah, I thought it was an active thing. If thats the case, incon is the most likely outcome unless someone brings up something new that could help either side.

Ahriman may have a higher dimensional mindhax resistance feat somewhere. Tzeentch tries to **** with him a lot, though if tzeentch didn't really love the guy he obviously could just obliterate him. I can reread his books on a bit since I'll have time to do so now, but how can Luke mantain his control if he's dead? If like opens with mind control and ahriman opens with something that just kills him, is the mind that was subsuming his really gonna stay there if it's rendered non functional?

What?

That's assuming they get it off simultaneously.

Incon doesn't mean they strike at the same time, it's who strikes first

They both have stuff that doesn't travel avalible to them at a thought. Still, this would seem to eek out ahriman's win. On scenarios where Luke goes first he wins, when ahriman goes first he wins, but when both go at the same time ahriman wins. He'd have a slightly higher winrate.

Wokistan said:
but when both go at the same time ahriman wins. He'd have a slightly higher winrate.
What chu mean? Yes, they both activate abilities with a thought but I'm missing something here. What makes Ahriman win first, does he have resistance?

I explained it in the comment above, but hopefully this can be more clear.

There are 3 possible scenarios for this match.

Scenario A: Luke opens with mind control, as he's known to do, and gets it off first. Luke wins here.

Scenario B: Ahzek Ahriman opens with some sort of warp sorcery, as he's known to do, and kills Luke. Ahriman eins here.

Scenario C: Both do their things at the same time. However, while Ahriman's mind is controlled by Luke, Luke is outright killed by ahriman. I don't think a dead guy can really mantain control over Ahriman, so Ahriman wins. It would be different if Luke drove him insane or something, but Luke is more prone to go for mind control rather than destruction.

Due to winning this third category, Ahriman would have a slightly higher winrate.

Wokistan said:
Ahriman may have a higher dimensional mindhax resistance feat somewhere.
I don't know about that, but I somehow wouldn't be surprised if he did.

He does apparently have the power to disperse his mind into the Immaterium, though.

"Ahriman held the thought of the beating wings, pouring himself into each one, feeling his mind and body become like smoke. Cendrion's sword was a splinter of sharpness and sunlight above his head. He could feel the pressure in the warp building and building.

Two paces.

Ahriman vanished, and in his place a cyclone of shadow and carrion cries roared. Chunks of stone ripped from the floor. Cendrion leapt, spinning his body into the turning wind, sword slicing.

One pace.

Cendrion's sword cut through the spiral of shadow. The mass of wings parted like a slit sheet of silk. Ahriman felt the pain of the cut, felt the Grey Knight's will pouring into the blade. But he was ready. The Grey Knight was strong, strong in ways that he had never imagined, but he was like his sword, a weapon, and that focus made him blind. Ahriman focused his whole mind for an instant. Cendrion's sword shattered. Silver fragments spun through the air.

He felt the Grey Knight's shock. He almost smiled. Then the flock of shadow birds tore through Cendrion. Wards woven into the silver armour held and then cracked. Splinters of ceramite tore into Cendrion's muscles. A wall of telekinetic force lifted him from the floor, spinning his bulk like a dry leaf. Polished plates buckled and tore. Ragged edges of metal punctured his flesh. Bones in his chest and arms shattered. Warning chimes sang from around his collar. His flesh burned as warding runes melted on the inside of his armour. Liquid silver dripped from the Grey Knight as he fell.

Ahriman pulled his dispersed mind back together, feeling the substance of his body flickering back into reality. He looked down at Cendrion.

His right heart beat once.

Ahriman looked up from Cendrion's broken form.
" - Ahriman: Sorcerer

Just noticed this only needs one more vote, so bump I guess

The thing azathoth posted isn't so much resistance as it is him pulling his mind out of reach. Kinda like dodging the mindhax.

Maybe AP though I don't know what luke's thing is at.

Ahzek doesn't constantly have his head up in the warp though. That would be a thing he would have to properly react to to do, and even with his abilities it's not a guarantee. Just as a regular dodge can fail, so can his.

Back