• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stef - All 3 Admirals have dura negating properties. If WB somehow tanked a magma claw to the head, he'd have high resistance to heat (unless there was evidence he used Haki). Meanwhile, WB didn't land a successful attack on Aokiji or Kizaru. When he finally landed a blow on Akainu, that dude was out of the fight for some time. He could not even stand for a while and was visibly wounded.

I'm sorry, but if it takes two attacks to take Akainu out--even if temporarily (which would attribute to stamina), there's no way he is equal/comparing to WB, who smacked away all of his attacks one-handed before he had a heart attack, and even when he had a gaping hole in his chest.

Not to mention this would make Marco and Jinbe 6-B because they both blocked attacks from Akainu--though Jinbe almost certainly used Haki in both cases he came into contact w/ Akainu.

In another thread I said someone who was roughly half as strong as another character would be able to compete against him but everyone else said he would get smacked away effortlessly. Now people are saying someone wouldn't get smacked away by someone 3x as strong as them !

Why is whatever I say automatically wrong ?

Also Akainu and WB clashing had nothing to do with durability negation.

Look at Kaido vs Luffy that is what 6B vs low 6B looks like, that is not what admiral vs WB looked like.

Honestly, in most of the one piece fandom admirals are seen as capable of beating Whitebeard 1v1, and recognise his title is a title that he got long ago. VSBW is the only place that people have seen WB as superior to the admirals since 2013.

Even WB sums up he is not wsm anymore when he says "you can't be the strongest forever", proving he wasn't top dog in the verse during Marineford.

Who said this? Because that's not true.

Akainu uses deprecated Burning Dog and attacked an already open wound, that most certainly doesn't need 3x to work.

Luffy is much weaker then an admiral, he backscales from them.

╠Âw╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Âk╠Ân╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Âb╠Âu╠Âg╠Âg╠Ây╠ ╠Ât╠Âr╠Âu╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Âd╠Âe╠Âf╠Âe╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âa╠Âr╠Âd╠Â. Not the most educated on One Piece but wasn't Whitebeard already at a dying state, got hit with a sneak attack, and the proceeded to fight Akainu?

Celestial Judge said:
╠Âw╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Âk╠Ân╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Âb╠Âu╠Âg╠Âg╠Ây╠ ╠Ât╠Âr╠Âu╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Âd╠Âe╠Âf╠Âe╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âa╠Âr╠Âd╠Â. Not the most educated on One Piece but wasn't Whitebeard already at a dying state, got hit with a sneak attack, and the proceeded to fight Akainu?
But his 6B feat was performed in this dying, post-sneak attack state.

Schnee One said:
What? Whitebeard was fully healthy when he did the feat.
The calc is based on Whitebeard's larger second Tsunami right ? Which he did after the sneak attack ?

Nope, it was the Earthquake feat he did to protect Ace

That's literally where the Admirals scaling comes from.

Schnee One said:
Nope, it was the Earthquake feat he did to protect Ace

That's literally where the Admirals scaling comes from.
That happened even later on in the war when Whitebeard was in even worse shape so my point still stands. This was well after the sneak attack.

Schnee One said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCOz43lyuvI

Whitebeard was perfectly healthy when he performed this.

Even then, he's still in a way better condition here then when he fought Akainu and slapped him around.
I was just telling Celestial judge that the sneak attack happened before the 6B feat.

Also he was in the same condition as he was during his first fight with Akainu.

....He got impaled TWICE since that Quake before he fought Akainu, Akainu even used Red Dog on the open wound that you were arguing he scales from, are you actually serious?

Schnee One said:
you were arguing he scales from
Bullshit I never said that.

I was arguing he scales from when they were matching punches.

Also did he really get stabbed twice in between the quake and the fight ? He got stabbed once by Squard before the quake and he got stabbed once by random marines after his fight with Akainu. I don't remember any other stabbing in between those 2 events.

The Yonkos scale to the marine admirals? That seems doubtful, one piece lore seems to put them squarely as the strongest characters in the series by a long shot. Other Marine level admiral characters are pretty much shown as completely insignificant in comparison to Yonko like Kaido and Big Mom.

Heck, when Teach gains the power of both Whitebeard and himself-which should place him much, much higher than the other marine admirals-he casually remarks that he could be a Yonko.

I have no idea what's currently going on in this thread, I'm just responding to the OP. Shanks being compared to a marine admiral seems like just a big mistake on whoever would've wrote that piece, since the Yonkos are far above it.

I don't really think Akainu scales to Whitebeard either, since Whitebeard took him out with two attacks in a badly injured state near the end of a ******* war.

Although you could potentially argue that Marine Admirals > Shichibukai and Shichibukai = Yonko since Mihawk is stated to be Shanks' rival and Moria supposedly challenged Kaido, but this should mostly be an outlier, especially since Shichibukai strength is VERY varied (Buggy is a shichibukai for *****' sake).

You could also argue that Admirals should further scale to Yonko since Luffy is considered a Yonko, however again-being a Yonko is based a lot more on infamy than just sheer strength.

On another note, where does Kaido's 6-B key come from? It says he should be stronger than Kunisha, who is 6-C.

> since Luffy is considered a Yonko

That is not a serious reason for scaling.

> On another note, where does Kaido's 6-B key come from? It says he should be stronger than Kunisha, who is 6-C.

From scaling to indirectly to Whitebeard / directly to Big Mom.

I mean Luffy being considered a Yonkou is really just wank from Morgans that we know isn't entirely true. He defeated 2 Sweet Commanders yes, but he needed help from Nami and ran away from Katakuri. He was also credited with the attempt on killing Big Mom when that was mostly Bege.

Being a Yonkou also requires you to have New World territory of which Luffy currently has none. We assume he will probably get Wano under his banner by the end of the arc, but it's quite clear that at the current moment Luffy isn't on their tier.

Secondly, at least in the past it has been shown that the Marines had powerful people in their ranks that could deal with the equivalent of powerful pirates we see today. Garp directly rivaled Roger and both Garp and Sengoku put Shiki down.

Historically the Marines have fought the strongest pirates and if they don't have characters that can fight them now the story kind of doesn't make sense in my opinion. If the Marines truly don't have people that can rival the Yonkou in some regard, why hasn't one of the more chaotic Yonkou gone and solo'd the World Government or something?

This is just my opinion, but I think that two Admirals pretty much 100% beat a Yonkou and a hypothetical team up between Aokiji and Akainu probably wouldn't lose to anyone in a 2v1.

Someone once pointed out to me that since we considered Garp and Sengoku to be comparable to the Pirate king-tiers (Roger, WB and Shiki), it's sort of hypocrisy to not consider admirals equal to Yonkos.

How so? Garp has better feats than any of the Admirals do.

Luffy has the "Yonko" title atm but isnt even close to the actual Yonko yet.

Luffy did need Namis help against Craker and not only did he run from Katakuri Kata also hurt himself when he didnt need to.

Also Kaido definitely scales to Big Mom since they literally fought.

Akainu even using durability negation to hurt the WB, he still withstood all of his attacks. I would not want to get involved in this discussion but they should at least have a 6-B durability.

I feel like Prime Garp has a legit argument to be PK level, he fought and cornered Roger multiple times and teamed up with him ti defeat a certain notorious pirate.

@LordWhis; "Basically if the top marines were equal to the top pirates then why would they not be now?"

That's not how we do scaling.

There's no reason to believe Admirals are as strong as Prime Garp at the moment. Sakazuki got two-shoted and the rest of them were not much helpful, only stopping Shirohige for some seconds with Borsalino doing some damage with a laser.

BTW, Katakuri harmed himseld because Luffy was injured. He did that to stand in comparable terms but the difference still went against Luffy's favour because while Kata only stabbed his side, he stabbed Luffy's side spinning Mogura and dealing a deadlier blow. Luffy won having a much worst wound and being the underdog for the whole fight.

I just dont think Luffy was straight up stronger then Katakuri during the fight.

Id say he is now but not to a massive degree.

Anyway back to the Admirals, I think a "possible Higher" would at be fair due to quote and not getting one shot by Whitebeard.

Nobody said that.

For the last time, no. Shirohige was dying at he still stomped Sakazuki. The latter sustaining the first attack isn't evidence considering how badly injured he was at the time of the fight.

@Calaca Do you think given the original post has been debunked and given some argumnets are repeating, that this thread should possibly be closed?

Yes. And if this topic keeps getting treated with the same evidence and arguments we will create a discussion rule, because it has happened several times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back