• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Add a Dimensionality section to profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, I just don't think it's significant enough to have a dedicated section in the profiles. For the vast vast vast majority of characters it's 3-D.

I understand, I just don't think it's significant enough to have a dedicated section in the profiles. For the vast vast vast majority of characters it's 3-D.
Yes but it being only suggested for the characters with HDE or LDE exclusive and tbh, it's in the same line as of characters gender, name, Tier, etc. I am not saying it's necessary (as you have said HDE covers it already) but that it'll look better as that and more of highlighted for vs matches (just same as how we changed the key section positioning).

I think there's also merit to precisely listing their dimensional (or exactly how how into a tier like 1-A or above) power rather than just their dimensional existence especially for vague tiers like 1-B, 1-A, High 1-A, and tier 0. Trying to go through a bunch of cosmology blogs and CRTs to do that is not fun and is a big inconvenience. A lot of understanding of how high a character into that tier just comes from word of mouth.

Yes but it being only suggested for the characters with HDE or LDE exclusive
So it won't be a lot of work to add it solely to the characters who aren't 3D.
I would prefer it just be annotated in their HDE ability section rather than be given a stat unto itself. It doesn't make sense to have a stat that isn't listed on most profiles. Or at the very least, it breaks our current conventions.

power especially for vague tiers like 1-B, 1-A, High 1-A, and tier 0. Trying to go through a bunch of cosmology blogs and CRT's to do that is not fun and is a big inconvenience. A lot of understanding of how high a character into that tier just comes from word of mouth.
That's true but I don't think this solves that problem, necessarily. There's no shortcut to understanding a complicated H1-A cosmology, IMO.

That's true but I don't think this solves that problem, necessarily. There's no shortcut to understanding a complicated H1-A cosmology, IMO.
For vs matches one doesn't necessarily need to understand the entire cosmology to just make the match.

But you need to know where it scales to make sure a mismatch isn't made. You don't need to understand a complex cosmology, you just need numbers.
That's accomplished by the tiers, more or less. It isn't as though an 8-D character can't fight and win against a 9-D character.

Dimensionality in which sense?

In terms of power we can write this into the AP justification. And in terms of mathematical dimensionality this belongs into the justification of HDE.

In any case, I feel like one can add such details within the existing format.

I think this is already covered more or less by the Higher Dimensional Existence ability, and anyone who lacks that can just be assumed to be three-dimensional (or lower)
currently not all above 3-D will get HDE, so that is not a good idea.
So it won't be a lot of work to add it solely to the characters who aren't 3D.
that is still thousands of pages.

Honestly, this does not need new section, it is already said that this should be explained in the AP section and abilities section, any page that do not specify is the one that is breaking the standards. we recommend
Attack Potency: 1-B (scales to a 23 Dimensional world)
that tells you all you need to know about a dimensionality of a character

What about characters who are 1-A and above? Stuff such as how high they are into those tiers are just almost never put. You don't really see stuff like "This character is 2 layers into Tier 0". These tiers are what need it the most.

That's accomplished by the tiers, more or less. It isn't as though an 8-D character can't fight and win against a 9-D character.
That's pretty rare in matchups and

Tier 1-B and 1-A have too wide of a gap to know the general power of a character without clarification

Most highly tiered verses stop having spatial dimensions above a certain point. If you're actually just referring to layers of qualitative superiority, I'd agree with DT that this should just be spelled out in the AP section.

Most highly tiered verses stop having spatial dimensions above a certain point. If you're actually just referring to layers of qualitative superiority, I'd agree with DT that this should just be spelled out in the AP section.
Yea, it just sort of fit under the same ball park to me.

Dimensionality in which sense?

In terms of power we can write this into the AP justification. And in terms of mathematical dimensionality this belongs into the justification of HDE.

In any case, I feel like one can add such details within the existing format.
We will not include it in the AP justification because there is no connection between the two.
(Despite mentioning this multiple times, I still don't understand why people keep bringing it up)

Instead, we will have a separate section that will only impact individuals who deviate from the default assumption in terms of being higher or lower.

How should we assess it? We will base the evaluation on HDE/BDE and the specified range.

Why are we doing this? We made the decision to move the keys up primarily to address issues of inaccessibility and improve clarity.

What about characters who are 1-A and above? Stuff such as how high they are into those tiers are just almost never put. You don't really see stuff like "This character is 2 layers into Tier 0". These tiers are what need it the most.
For 1-A /1-A+ couldn't we just put the aleph? Not really sure about H1-A or 0 as baseline H1-A is aleph omega, but I'm not really sure how to extend that further.
(x layers above baseline) may work
Some characters have 3d ap but higher -d durability, ap isnt a complete description

A tier 0 character can do it if they use a large cardinal like SRE ,where his highest level is rank into rank by the type it uses as Axiom Icarus set.

but another character Can be set to vk+inaccessible Dimensionality or inaccessible Dimensionality which is base of the tier 0 Dimensional.

I disagree that it means that. It just means they are that strong.
Read it again, this is just weird. "He scales to a 26D world" or "He created a 26D world" means he is that strong and not that he scales to it in dimensionality also is height of things that are wrong

Last edited:
Read it again, this is just weird. "He scales to a 26D world" or "He created a 26D world" means he is that strong and not that he scales to it in dimensionality also is height of things that are wrong with battle boarders
... I mean yes, this is basic stuff, not sure what else to tell you.

Guys, stick to the current topic. I don't understand why AP or durability are involved, we are purely talking about dimensionality, or my post above got ignored completely?

DT's point was basically: If their dimensionality is relevant to AP or durability, put it in their AP and durability justification. If it isn't, just put it in their HDE ability description.

The opposition suggested to put the description in the AP section, then proceeded to give a vague description which only applied to AP, thereby highlighting the problem.
This makes no sense. I feel this is an additional suggestion, and not rather related to the topic.

DT's point was basically: If their dimensionality is relevant to AP or durability, put it in their AP and durability justification. If it isn't, just put it in their HDE ability description.
The former is an additional good implemention which can be saved for other thread and the latter is not even the solution because it is not the only factor to deteriminate it.

The former is an additional good implemention which can be saved for other thread and the latter is not even the solution because it is not the only factor to deteriminate it.
Well, even the OP mentions AP/Durability.

The reason why I suggested this is that although the tier gives you a good idea of a characters' dimensionality, it can be vague at times, especially with 1-B which encompasses basically all finite dimensions above 12d.
The change itself should be simple to add, with one line of text below a character's profile

ex:

Sussus amogus

Tier : High 1-C
Dimensionality : 10th Dimensional

What does 1-B refers to if not AP and durability?

We can also get rid of HDE and instead just list dimensionality as a stat.
Yeah I'm aware of the advocacy for that, I just personally disagree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back