• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Add a Dimensionality section to profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an addition to HDE page currently going on and requiring inputs, also we cannot add the note there as the HDE page does not accommodate all types of HDE in fiction, it should be put in the editing page
Why is it a problem to add a brief note about that the degree of higher-dimensionality should preferably be mentioned in a parenthesis next to the ability in powers and abilities sections in character profile pages? It is also much easier to notice the rule that way than by awkwardly placing it in our editing rules page for some reason.

Why is it a problem to add a brief note about that the degree of higher-dimensionality should preferably be mentioned in a parenthesis next to the ability in powers and abilities sections in character profile pages? It is also much easier to notice the rule that way than by awkwardly placing it in our editing rules page for some reason.
Since majority of characters that are Higher dimensional, are not Higher dimensioned in the nature of the word (maths and physics) and the HDE page is for those who are Higher dimensioned mathematically.
So if we are going to add a general rule for all pages and not for pages that are HDE alone, it should be done in a general page

Okay, but placing the information in our editing rules page still seems out of place and very hard to notice for most of our members and visitors, so, in lack of better options, I still think that such a note seems to fit better in our HDE page.
I agree at least able to see character Dimensional.

Okay, but placing the information in our editing rules page still seems out of place and very hard to notice for most of our members and visitors, so, in lack of better options, I still think that such a note seems to fit better in our HDE page.
What about characters that lack hde, but have hdap/dura?

I think that some kind of note should probably be added to our Higher-Dimensional Existence page first.
So about this...

So about this...
A page example having the dimensionality tab on it should be made, so a note like this can be added
"It is recommended that you add the necessary dimensionality for a profile, see here(links the page)"

Although this is a rough draft but it should go generally like this

That wording seems too unspecific for our purposes.

Unspecific in what sense?
is it not for recommending users add the necessary dimensionality of a page on the profile? while providing an example for them to follow
I think he did not understand the suggestion.
Could you elaborate it better? With example (create sandbox)

I think he did not understand the suggestion.
Could you elaborate it better? With example (create sandbox)
Well, it needs to be easier to understand what is intended for our visitors at least.

Well, it needs to be easier to understand what is intended for our visitors at least.
The wording can be
"When creating pages for characters that higher dimensional, it is recommended that you note the dimensionality of the characters, see here"

The grammar can be fixed up, also a template for dimensionality needs to be created

Dimensionality in which sense?

In terms of power we can write this into the AP justification. And in terms of mathematical dimensionality this belongs into the justification of HDE.

In any case, I feel like one can add such details within the existing format.
I agree with DT, this is the system we've been using for quite a while now and it's best to stick with this one.

The wording can be
"When creating pages for characters that higher dimensional, it is recommended that you note the dimensionality of the characters, see here"

The grammar can be fixed up, also a template for dimensionality needs to be created
Something like this seems efficient and straightforward to me:

"When creating pages for characters that are higher-dimensional, it is recommended that you note the dimensionality of the characters in parentheses, such as in the following manner: [[Higher-Dimensional Existence]] (9-Dimensional)"

I agree with DT, this is the system we've been using for quite a while now and it's best to stick with this one.
Yes, agreed.

Would my suggestion above be acceptable?

I think that repeating it seems redundant, but I am mostly neutral regarding an extra mention in the AP section.

Personally, I'd rather just we insist that people specify it within the Attack Potency descriptions and add a note to the Higher-dimensional Existence page. Don't see much of a point in a whole other section.

"When creating pages for characters that are higher-dimensional, it is recommended that you note the dimensionality of the characters in parentheses, such as in the following manner: [[Higher-Dimensional Existence]] (9-Dimensional)"
For the purpose of accurately representing higher-dimensional characters, it is advisable to include a parenthetical notation indicating their dimensionality when creating character pages. This can be done by using the format: [[Higher-Dimensional Existence]] (9-Dimensional).

Would my suggestion above be acceptable?
@Planck69 @KLOL506 @Deagonx @Crabwhale @KingTempest @Psychomaster35 @Qawsedf234 @DarkDragonMedeus @Damage3245 @Mr._Bambu

I don't think adding an entirely new staff just below tier is unnecessary and might be prone to confusion since there do exist Tier 1 characters that are just normal human sized characters physically. But listing what level of "Dimensional level" in the powers and abilities section next to "Higher-Dimensional Existence" among other things in the powers and abilities section where it's located in bubbles might be fine.

I don't think adding an entirely new staff just below tier is unnecessary and might be prone to confusion since there do exist Tier 1 characters that are just normal human sized characters physically. But listing what level of "Dimensional level" in the powers and abilities section next to "Higher-Dimensional Existence" among other things in the powers and abilities section where it's located in bubbles might be fine.
Gotta disagree with this a bit. A lot of people already get confused by the ratings of tier 1 characters. I've seen plenty of times people off-site thinking 2 Low 1-C characters are equally as powerful, and it isn't made better by the pages explicitly not mentioning it.

I mean, yeah, there are characters that ar human sized and tier 1, but I don't understand how this effects anything?

I generally don't see a problem with profiles having something like:
Dimensionality: 3-D, 5-D with Powers
for smurfs, or:
Dimensionality: 12-D
for non-smurfs.

If the size of characters is really that important then can't it just be listed in P&A under Large Size? (Or HDE)

Thank you for the support. 🙏

Yeah, this works. Or at the very least specify it within the Attack Potency description. A problem I've seen with profiles like the DC Comics ones is that someone without knowledge would be very confused about where within Tier 1 the cosmic profiles are tiered when they read the descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back