• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
<No restrictions.

High 6A Dura physically with High 6A attack GG.

Anyway, how good's his intangibility and power Null?

Oh, uh, he can't borrow the earth's energy. However, he still has his shield.

Power null: Cursed Body. A passive ability in that the attack that hits him cannot he used again.

Intangibility: Has a physiology that can phase through anything, including dimensions.

In character, though Gengar is one of the few Pokémon that take sadistic pleasure in haxing the opponent (pretty much every Pokedex entry mentions it), so in-character doesn't matter here, imo.

Oh, and edited previous comment, as I didn't answer the other half of your comment.

Dude.

Accel literally always leads with matter destruction.

Anyway. Power Null out the way, Accelerator turns him into Quarks and calls it a day.

Oh, I should probably mention that Gengar doesn't have power null here, as that's Base Gengar's ability.

I mean, he does have soul steal, curses, life force drain, and can probably bypass shields via intangibility.

Soul Steal and Drain fall under vectors.

Intangibility maybe but he won't get it off in time.

Also, your last Rei match wasn't too interesting lol.

It's his physiology, so it's always active. Tho, I am curious (not doubting, just curious. And I mean that.) on how soul steal and drain fall under vectors.

I'm sorry about that ovo.

Doesn't Soul Manipulation have a direction?

I'm wondering if that'll ever be concluded or if it's a stomp.

Gargoyle One said:
Accel literally always leads with matter destruction.

Anyway. Power Null out the way, Accelerator turns him into Quarks and calls it a day.
...What?

I was without a computer for a few days (and I normally skip Accelerator/Fiamma matches due to how repetitive they have become lately), I'm only checking this on a whim. Did I miss an important discussion with Accelerator, because he has never done that. Ever.

In Gengar's case, maybe, given that it likely relies on the removal of the soul from the body. The question is if souls have the physics (for lack of a better word) behind them to be vector manipulated. However, I don't think the life drain or the curses (iirc, Gengar has death curses) would have vectors.

Legit I thought he meant Mind and I forgot it was Mental Block and not Vectors.

Big **** up on my part, my bad.

From gengar page, cursed ability didn't cause instant death but by gradually sapped the enemy health until sleep or death. Assuming accel knew he was cursed and his health is shiponing. Can accel just finish before the cursed make him sleep or death?

Gengar's egg move are all missing from his page. He actually has "Disable" so he dosen't have to wait for Accel to make contact.

@Landon

Last I checked, we don't add Egg Moves since they aren't part of a Pokemon's natural moveset, only arising with selective breeding.

Well, learn something new everyday.

@Neolancer

Destiny Bond, sure. Phantom Force... not sure if that would work on Accelerator. Protect and Detect are forcefield and dodging skills respectively. Neither of them are like Accelerator's Redirection.

@Repp We do add egg moves since in some installments you can catch wild pokemon who already know egg moves.

Accelerator is mostly about hitkilling, so he should be able to kill Gengar as soon as he comes into contact. Being able to reflect most first attacks will make so Gengar should take some time to be able to damage Accel. The intangibility can pierce even dimensions, so that's a problem, but if they're not the geometric dimensions but rather realms, Accel will still reflect any attempt to physical contact for it will be vectorial. I believe Accel will win this fight before noticing how difficult it could have been if he didn't go for the kill right away... which he often does.

Back