• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator and Kazakiri Ability Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading some of the older novels to clean up and improve the abilities sections of OT characters (like the one I did for Vento) and I've come up with an issue. There's no mention of Accelerator or Fuze Kazakiri's wings destroying matter on contact. This might be an issue with old translation mistakes or a misunderstanding with Kakine in his resurrected state (who can break down things with his Dark Matter to absorb them) and giving it to other science angels. They do not seem to have this ability, since nothing like that is mentioned for Kakine, Gabriel and Aiwass' wings. In fact, the narration seems to make a point about how "sharp" angel wings are and even makes comparisons between their sharpness like in Accelerator vs Aiwass as a metaphor for their levels of power, which would be meaningless if they all destroyed matter. Similarly, one of Accelerator's actions in his rematch against Touma is stabbing his wings in the ground and using them to lift the ground and cause a mini-earth tsunami, something that should clearly be impossible if they destroyed matter.

Therefore, this ability has to be removed from their pages (I'd need the Accelerator page to be unlocked for this). The same has to be said for Hyouka's resistance to mind and soul manipulation. I cannot recall an instance of her being attacked with either, and soul attacks are rare in Toaru.

If this is true, it's weird how it went unnoticed for so long.

I'll unlock Accelerator's profile since you're better at handling To Aru's pages than I am.

I can remove the resistance mentions from Hyouka's page in the meantime.

There were some other OT pages like Fiamma and Gabriel that had some similar issues. Given the length of the series it can be hard to remember all details, which is why I'm going over old novels. But yeah, this is the problem of not fact checking old profiles.

But hey, on the upside out I found something good: Accelerator gets an upgrade to "at least Wall level" durability with dark wings, since he explicitely tanked a grenade that exploded centimeters away from his face without redirection being involved (also makes sense that they would upgrade his regular durability like his white wings do).

OT13 Chapter 10 Part 9

He was dead. That boy was dead. That grenade had exploded only a few centimeters from his head. No flesh-and-blood human could survive that no matter what they did. The area was still covered in smoke-like dust, but once it cleared, Kihara would only find a corpse so torn to pieces its original form would be unidentifiable.

[...]

Normally, Accelerator would have been the most likely candidate. But Kihara could not accept that. Without his powers, Accelerator was weaker than your average high school student. He could never survive that grenade blast without some sort of trick.

And it was hard to believe that his reflection would have returned for some reason. The hand grabbing Kihara was covered in soot. If Accelerator's reflection had been functioning, even those small stains would have been deflected.

"What…?"

But it was unmistakably Accelerator standing there

I'll take this chance to also clean up Accelerator's ability section and add some justifications for stats.

And just realized we had his durability with Dark Wings as Island level without any justification... I'm going to have to reread Ot15 and revise Kakine's page next.

I'll be on standby for the most part, tell me if you need me to unlock anything.

I'm done with Accelerator's page, so you can relock it. I'll take a look at Kazakiri's abilities to see if anything else is amiss, fortunately she and Kakine aren't locked to regular users so I don't have to bother you. I'll leave Kakine for other day, but he might end up needing a downgrade.

Thanks and sorry for the bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back