• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality in Wizard101

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refrained from talking about Acausality because I wasn't sure if it was Acausality in verse, but apparently it is

Shadow Magic in verse grants Reality Warping, as shown with Morganthe when she mastered shadow and said it would let her bend reality to her will. BTW, the power she gained originally belonged to Spider (The song of creation was powered by Spider's heart)

https://imgur.com/a/kaOtI8V

https://imgur.com/a/ORlHoDx

https://imgur.com/a/1iHrXdu

https://imgur.com/a/HwCALJc

"It seems whatever the hold the shadow magic had on the sands of time has weakened"

"Let time be restored, I care not for such trivialities"

"It dissolves the final shadow ray that was projected onto the sands of time"

"You've done it! The sands of time have reset and begun follow again in the proper direction"

Grandfather Spider via his shadow magic/reality warping (He's the manefesation of shadow so yes) was messing with time and making it flow in different directions across the entirety of the spiral/history/creation

A lot of characters (Irrelevant ones) were affected, but The Player wasn't. (You're literally him and walking, running, fighting everyone etc. eventually fighting cob himself).

Would that grant him Acausality since he wasn't affected to changes in time across history via reality warping?

It would scale to Spider (wasn't affected either for obvious reasons), Raven and Bartleby and POSSIBLY Morganthe

It seems kinda vague - do we explicitly have stuff about Spider manipulating the past and not just manipulating time? If we don't it's just Resistance, I'd say, but good Resistance.

I mean, that doesn't necessarily mean Spider is changing events in the past, just that his power is reaching it.

That seems more like just summoning beings from across time.

I still don't see how it would just be time manipulation, if it was specifcally done through shadow magic which acts as reality warping in the verse.

But I'll look through the final mission for more statements

It's not just Time Manipulation but reality warping across time doesn't necessarily mean you're rewriting or changing past events, as far as I understand it, at least.

Well, he is affecting time across creation via reality warping and logically the past should be affected in someway since we know the present was evidentaly getting affected, making it all flow in different directions, stop and crack. Logically the same thing would be happening in the past since the characters are said it was affecting the spiral/creation as a whole. I think resistance is ok, but "possible acausality" would make sense, since we know at the very least it reached the past, and the present was getting messed up because of it

Ok, having watched all those scenes, I don't think this is acausality. I didn't see anything about altering the past, so this would be resistance to time manip at best.

But they said it is affecting the sprial as a whole ( which is Creation which should = the past, present and future. We know the shadow magic at least reached the past since it was affecting the spiral as a whole), and again, he was affecting time with shadow magic/reality warping, so i'm not sure if it would be that

Affecting "creation" doesn't necessarily mean affecting past, present and future.

Creating a space-time continuum out of nothing is a low 2-C feat, but the spiral being a space-time continuum doesn't necessarily mean that affecting it is affecting past, present and future.

It's hard to explain, but what it boils down to is that affecting a space-time continuum doesn't neccesarily mean affecting the past, present and future all at once. It would need to be stated, or at least heavily implied somewhere

Logically it should. We know the shadow magic at least reached the past as it resurrected villains from there and induced them with shadow. Which then as a result should tinker with events in history. Mellori said it would also destroy the spiral

But if you still don't accept it I guess we can just put it as resistance to time manipulation and close this thread

I can believe that Spider's death would cause the spiral to be destroyed. But I don't see anything implying that affecting the spiral means he's altering the past. Resurrecting villains from the past isn't enough proof of that either.

I trust Promestein's and Monarch Laciel's senses of judgement.

What changes do you wish to perform, and which profiles do you need unlocked?

Okay. I will unlock them. Tell me here when you are done.

For the future, here is how to properly write the titles:

The Player (Wizard101)

Grandfather Spider

Grandmother Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back