• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About RWBY scaling

So I know that now that Pyrrha fought Cinder they scale to MHS, but before we had that why did we scale Neo to Mercury and Emerald when she has no feats of fighting anyone on their level?

I know, but when did Neo fight show that she was on the same level as Emerald or Mercury, I get that there's also the Pyrrha fight, but was there anything else?

It was assumed that Mercury wasn't taking the fight seriously with Yang, or Pyrrha, that's why they weren't ranked MHS till Ruby bliyzed Neo.

Blahblah9755 said:
It was assumed that Mercury wasn't taking the fight seriously with Yang, or Pyrrha, that's why they weren't ranked MHS till Ruby bliyzed Neo.
Till Ruby escaped from Mercury*

Blahblah9755 said:
Even then it was thought that he was just kidding around wasn't it?
Mercury is quite arrogant

But he was serious trying to catch her

And he was surpresed when Yang beated him

Well he was planning to throw the match anyway and he may have been acting ( I'm pretty sure this was the logic used for why Yang didn't scale until Ruby beat Neo). But now that I think about it, Ruby escaping Mercury was with her semblance, but she got scaled without her semblance for fighting Neo, who only ever fought Yang before then.

Blahblah9755 said:
Well he was planning to throw the match anyway and he may have been acting ( I'm pretty sure this was the logic used for why Yang didn't scale until Ruby beat Neo). But now that I think about it, Ruby escaping Mercury was with her semblance, but she got scaled without her semblance for fighting Neo, who only ever fought Yang before then.
Ok, proof me that Neo is slower than Mercury and Emerald, if you cant, we concluded this

Isn't it usually the other way around? One would have to give proof that she's as fast? And I'm not trying to downgrade them or anything, I'm just curious why she got scaled to someone she never fought, or was stated to be comparable to.

Back