• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Predator (Mortal Kombat) vs Team RWBY

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Team RWBY was doing a training exercise in the Emerald Forest for one of their classes when they were alerted by a disturbance coming from deeper in the woods. Thinking it was some other students struggling with a sudden horde of Grimm they headed over to the location the noises were originating from only to instead find nothing but the smokey remains of some decaying Grimm and the signs of a lot of burns across the place. Ruby was about to call a professor to alert of the strange occurrence before she's quickly and barely yanked out of the way of an incoming plasma beam in time by her sister, though it does clip her side a bit causing her Aura to flare up just enough to be visible without taking any real damage making them all get on guard and go back to back with each other as they look around for whoever sent that blast at them. Meanwhile their hidden assailant observes them from a different tree than the one it had fired at them from, feeling impressed that mere children could detect that attack and avoid it in time as a clicking sound fills the air, though it could have sworn it saw an energy shield around the red one that briefly deflected part of the blast, the echoes of its clicks distorting the origin point of the noise to prevent them from easily finding it yet.

TL;DR This is Volumes 1-3 Team RWBY, the fight takes place in the Emerald Forest from Volume 1, the Predator is starting cloaked in a tree several meters away from them, speed is equalized and the only prior knowledge they have is Team RWBY knowing about the shown abilities (That being the Plasma Caster and its Stealth Capabilities) and the Predator having seen that their weapons can Mecha-Shift and is now aware that they have shields to some extent in the form of Aura

Predator :

Team RWBY :

Following, I'll note that Blake's enhanced hearing and night vision could help team RWBY locate the Predator whom I'm pretty sure is screwed as soon as Team RWBY finds him. Props for the intro story btw

Following, I'll note that Blake's enhanced hearing and night vision could help team RWBY locate the Predator whom I'm pretty sure is screwed as soon as Team RWBY finds him. Props for the intro story btw
Why would he inherently be screwed? He has the AP Advantage and has fought a 5v1 before that he won btw.

Why would he inherently be screwed? He has the AP Advantage and has fought a 5v1 before that he won btw.
Cause they're gonna be hitting him with team combos like Freezerburn which would cloud the Predator's vision and leave him open to sneak attacks or snipe at him with freezing bullets with Ice flower. They can also flash freeze him with ice dust, paralyze him with Lightning Dust, or hit him with fire dust which iirc can burn aura users who no-sell being in lava. I don't see how this Predator gets past their teamwork and range of abilities.

Cause they're gonna be hitting him with team combos like Freezerburn which would cloud the Predator's vision and leave him open to sneak attacks or snipe at him with freezing bullets with Ice flower. They can also flash freeze him with ice dust, paralyze him with Lightning Dust, or hit him with fire dust which iirc can burn aura users who no-sell being in lava. I don't see how this Predator gets past their teamwork and range of abilities.
For one they can't instantly set those attacks up in the blink of an eye, they require at least a few seconds of build-up. Secondly the Predator possesses thermal vision so it can see them through the smokescreen, thusly making it useless. Thirdly, just sniping at him isn't guaranteed to work and even if it did he can just snipe right back since the Amulet of Shinnok has kilometers of range as stated on its profile even when utilized by a far inferior wielder of it. When have they ever opened with team attacks in this key against someone that isn't a giant mech that they already know is stronger than them? They usually save that stuff for when they know they'll be overwhelmed if they stick to ordinary attacks. Fourthly the Predator has experience dealing with all those listed elements as it fought and killed Raiden and Sub-Zero, two people who specialize in them and can teleport on top of that. That was also while fighting Fujin, Johnny Cage and Shinnok simultaneously too.

Profile says aura users can be submerged in lava without being burned which is this from RWBY Volume 3 Episode 5
That's still less impressive than the temperature of Plasma so it doesn't really matter as the Predator can still burn them easily with his Plasma Caster.

For one they can't instantly set those attacks up in the blink of an eye, they require at least a few seconds of build-up.
Yeah only a few seconds and I don't think the Pred is gonna be able to stop the setup while he has two other members of team RWBY jumping him.
Thirdly, just sniping at him isn't guaranteed to work and even if it did he can just snipe right back since the Amulet of Shinnok has kilometers of range as stated on its profile even when utilized by a far inferior wielder of it.
Fair, although its gonna be hard for him to snipe back while he's gonna be getting pressed by at least two other members of Team RWBY.
Fourthly the Predator has experience dealing with all those listed elements as it fought and killed Raiden and Sub-Zero, two people who specialize in them and can teleport on top of that. That was also while fighting Fujin, Johnny Cage and Shinnok simultaneously too.
Dust is different in that all the RWBY girls can use the different dust elements so it's not locked to a single element per person and the Pred hasn't dealt with fire manip, earth manip, or gravity manip. We also don't know how much of a fight they put up against the predator, he could have one shot them before they even got the chance to use their abilities.

Yeah only a few seconds and I don't think the Pred is gonna be able to stop the setup while he has two other members of team RWBY jumping him.
They have never opened with these attacks on opponents in this key except for the Paladin Torchwick was piloting and they had to spam them to even make progress so that's not exactly a good example.
Fair, although its gonna be hard for him to snipe back while he's gonna be getting pressed by at least two other members of Team RWBY.
He has two separate weapons that can target the other members on their own while he focuses on sniping at them with the amulet, those being the Plasma Caster and his Homing Discs.
Dust is different in that all the RWBY girls can use the different dust elements so it's not locked to a single element per person and the Pred hasn't dealt with fire manip, earth manip, or gravity manip. We also don't know how much of a fight they put up against the predator, he could have one shot them before they even got the chance to use their abilities.
He definitely didn't one-shot all of them as the implications based on that custcene was that it they put up a fight but failed in the end. Also Shinnok literally can spawn explosions on people and uses forcefields as well as has the ability to copy techniques from his foes yet the Predator beat him so fire and earth are really nothing new. Gravity is the only janky part since none of his opponents directly manipulate gravity but given the way RWBY uses Gravity Dust it's not exactly like they can control Gravity outright.

He has two separate weapons that can target the other members on their own while he focuses on sniping at them with the amulet, those being the Plasma Caster and his Homing Discs.
I wouldn't say this version of the Plasma Caster would be good at keeping the girls away cause this seemingly Pred has to manually aim it and homing disks take a second before they home in on foes so the girls should have enough time to move out of the way or block.
He definitely didn't one-shot all of them as the implications based on that custcene was that it they put up a fight but failed in the end.
Idk the Pred seems completely unharmed after the fact with no injuries or battle damage.

I wouldn't say this version of the Plasma Caster would be good at keeping the girls away cause this seemingly Pred has to manually aim it and homing disks take a second before they home in on foes so the girls should have enough time to move out of the way or block.
The Amulet can target all four of them at once so this is a moot point.
Idk the Pred seems completely unharmed after the fact with no injuries or battle damage.
That doesn't mean he No-Sold everything. Given the way the narrator describes the scene its more likely he outskilled them to the point of taking the most minimal amount of harm possible considering the Predator considered them all to be formidable warriors and worthy prey.

Invisibility is big along with self detonate on the off chance they get the jump on bob and try to overwhelm him. And if any of their aura goes down it's only gonna take one good hit and their done. Not to mention weaknesses like Ruby and Wiess being helpless without their weapons or yang not being the best strategist atp against a guy who spent his entire life hunting and fighting various creatures across planets.

Also does he have his ship?

I would have argued that the Pred wouldn't use the Amulet cause of honor but than I remembered this Pred has no known honor code shm.
The Amulet can target all four of them at once so this is a moot point.
Can you give the scan of it targeting four people at once?.

I want to point out that Aura can protect against plasma level heat as it can withstand natural lightning and the Paladin's plasma attacks (it can protect against the heat of lightning)

Also Weiss does in fact directly control Gravity, she can make anti-gravity fields and intensify gravity to the point of making people unable to move with her gravity glyphs

Also Weiss isnt helpless without her weapon, she can still use her semblance without it

I want to point out that Aura can protect against plasma level heat as it can withstand natural lightning and the Paladin's plasma attacks (it can protect against the heat of lightning)
Prolonged exposure or little zaps of the stuff? The Predator's Plasma Caster was upgraded with magic to be able to fire a continuous non-stop beam of the stuff.
Also Weiss does in fact directly control Gravity, she can make anti-gravity fields and intensify gravity to the point of making people unable to move with her gravity glyphs
I definitely don't remember her making entire fields of anti-gravity in V1-3, gonna need a scan for that one. Even if it is true that doesn't stop the Predator from still blasting her with the amulet.
Also Weiss isnt helpless without her weapon, she can still use her semblance without it
Her Semblance isn't as great without her weapon though since I'm pretty sure she can infuse Dust with it that way, making her much less of a threat without it.

Prolonged exposure or little zaps of the stuff? The Predator's Plasma Caster was upgraded with magic to be able to fire a continuous non-stop beam of the stuff.

I definitely don't remember her making entire fields of anti-gravity in V1-3, gonna need a scan for that one. Even if it is true that doesn't stop the Predator from still blasting her with the amulet.

Her Semblance isn't as great without her weapon though since I'm pretty sure she can infuse Dust with it that way, making her much less of a threat without it.

Weiss can still platform and dodge to her best ability until she gets her weapon back + using glyphs as a shield

Weiss can still platform and dodge to her best ability until she gets her weapon back + using glyphs as a shield

Then it just comes down to whether she can do that in time before getting blasted by something way stronger than she is. In any case I'm pretty certain none of these girls can beat the Predator 1 on 1 due to the skill gap it already possesses of taking on five of the most deadly and formidable canon characters of Mortal Kombat X before it learned how to use magic and now it's even more versatile, skilled and haxxed than before. Not to mention it can seal people away with the Amulet of Shinnok, multiple people at once actually, but it wouldn't bust that out first as it wants to kill its prey though it's not stupid enough to disregard such an ability since this Predator has none of the same honor as the canon Predators and is closer to a bad blood if anything.

I still think the girls have a few advantages here. They all have their aura with lets them take hits from stronger characters and gives them minor regen. Ruby's Semblance blitz's comparable characters. Weiss can just restain the Pred with her Glyphs which he can't break out of due to having a lower LS, Black can get the Pred's limbs trapped in ice by faking him out with an ice clone, and Yang has analytical prediction and is gonna be amped every time the Pred hits her and will eventually hit harder than him.

I still think the girls have a few advantages here. They all have their aura with lets them take hits from stronger characters and gives them minor regen. Ruby's Semblance blitz's comparable characters. Weiss can just restain the Pred with her Glyphs which he can't break out of due to having a lower LS, Black can get the Pred's limbs trapped in ice by faking him out with an ice clone, and Yang has analytical prediction and is gonna be amped every time the Pred hits her and will eventually hit harder than him.
The glyphs aren't much of a wincon since the Predator can still shoot at them with his Plasma Caster and Shinnok's Amulet without needing to move and Analytical Prediction will only take you so far against an opponent of Predator's skill level. Ruby and Yang's Semblance is honestly their best bet if they can manage to spam it enough before he just seals them.

The glyphs aren't much of a wincon since the Predator can still shoot at them with his Plasma Caster and Shinnok's Amulet without needing to move
I don't think the Predator will be cause to shot them cause of how fast they come out and cause this Pred hasn't shown that level of marksmanship with the Plasma Caster or Shinnok's Amulet.

I don't think the Predator will be cause to shot them cause of how fast they come out and cause this Pred hasn't shown that level of marksmanship with the Plasma Caster or Shinnok's Amulet.
Shinnok's Amulet uses attacks with aim bot as shown by Raiden, not to mention that it can also control minds with a different blast as shown by Quan Chi. The Predator scales to all these feats because his ending states he's become an undisputed master of magic after studying Shinnok's Amulet.

Shinnok's Amulet uses attacks with aim bot as shown by Raiden, not to mention that it can also control minds with a different blast as shown by Quan Chi.
How fast are the Amulet's attacks cause it's gonna have to be faster than Glyph beams to intercept them.

How fast are the Amulet's attacks cause it's gonna have to be faster than Glyph beams to intercept them.
It's as fast as the Predator is, but it's capable of One-Shotting people on Raiden and Fujin's level who are High 8-C+ as Shinnok used it to One-Shot them and he's inferior to the Predator.

It's as fast as the Predator is, but it's capable of One-Shotting people on Raiden and Fujin's level who are High 8-C+ as Shinnok used it to One-Shot them and he's inferior to the Predator.
The girls aura will let them take the blasts. If amulets blasts as fast as the Predator is don't think Amulet's blasts are gonna be fast enough to shot all of Weiss' Glyph beams before they restrain him especially if Weiss' pulls the game gravty Glyph trick she used on the Arma Gigas. It doesn't help the the Pred is still gonna be getting pressed by the rest of team RWBY while he has to attempt to shot way the Glyph beams.

The girls aura will let them take the blasts. If amulets blasts as fast as the Predator is don't think Amulet's blasts are gonna be fast enough to shot all of Weiss' Glyph beams before they restrain him especially if Weiss' pulls the game gravty Glyph trick she used on the Arma Gigas. It doesn't help the the Pred is still gonna be getting pressed by the rest of team RWBY while he has to attempt to shot way the Glyph beams.
Then it's a good thing he doesn't need to move to use the Amulet since Shinnok could cast with it remotely so the Predator can do the same thing, catching them off-guard and they can't destroy it either since the Amulet itself is invulnerable. That could also make for a good shield against their attacks. It's also possible he can just absorb their aura with it since it can absorb both energy and souls as shown with Shinnok and completely negate it.

Then it's a good thing he doesn't need to move to use the Amulet since Shinnok could cast with it remotely so the Predator can do the same thing, catching them off-guard and they can't destroy it either since the Amulet itself is invulnerable.
He's still gonna be restrained by Weiss as long as she holds the Glyphs and probably won't have time to do much before getting shot in the head, getting put in a combo, or getting flash-frozen.

He's still gonna be restrained by Weiss as long as she holds the Glyphs and probably won't have time to do much before getting shot in the head, getting put in a combo, or getting flash-frozen.
You're acting like she opens with restraining human sized opponents with Glyphs in this key which she absolutely doesn't, I think she's only done that once and it was against a whole group of people, not a single opponent. She didn't even use it in a life or death fight against the White Fang Lieutenant so I doubt she's using it here. Even then they wouldn't kill the Predator as he's clearly not a Grimm and they don't kill people at this point in time, even if they did their weapons are less powerful than his mask is durable so they would specifically have to shoot him in the back of the head and good luck doing that with anyone who isn't Ruby.

Weiss used restrain glyphs against the Arma Gigas (the arm summon she has if push comes to shove as she used it in vol 3 Instinctively when push came to shove)

Also them not killing people isnt because theyre not trying to, its because every non-grimm they fight has a protective Aura aruond hem that prevents them from being hurt. Its why they regularly fight using bladed weapons and live ammunition even in friendly tournaments and sparring. Theyre trained first and foremost to go for the kill always (against Grimm and fitht people with forcefields that protect against getting stabed, slashed or shot), theres no reason they wouldnt do so against the Predator as it's a alien and clearly trying to kill them like a monster

Yes, RWBY characters regularly survive getting blasted by stuff significantly stronger than themselves, their Aura is specifically designed to protect them from stuff like that, the cast has repeatedly withstood attacks several times stronger than their normal durability thanks to their Aura. (Multiple fights so this, it literally takes dozens of hits to break a aura)

Should also point out that Team RWBY's biggest strength here is teamwork, theyre not going to be trying to box the Predator one at a time, theyre going to be constantly working together to beat him. Thats kinda the entire point of them being a team, theyre trained to work together to take down threats, its why theyre able to pull off improvised combo attacks at a moment's notice as well as they do. Theyre going to be constantly setting up attempts to kill the Predator as soon as possible, Weiss either doing battlefield control with ice or gravity or restraint glyphs to set up for killing blows or supporting the team with stat amping glyphs, and any one of the girls or any combination of them just constantly staying in his face and/or hitting him with their respective arsenals from a distance to keep dealing damage to him and keep him constantly on guard an off balance. Three out of the four girls here can flash freeze the Predator at a moment's notice or electrocute and paralyze him, and the Predator's AP and dura advantage is compensated for by the team's bladed and piercing weapons, AP amps (Gravity Dust, partial summons, Burn), and defensive auras.

Weiss used restrain glyphs against the Arma Gigas (the arm summon she has if push comes to shove as she used it in vol 3 Instinctively when push came to shove)
She has literally never restrained another human sized opponent this way, show scans or this isn't in-character and she won't do it.
Also them not killing people isnt because theyre not trying to, its because every non-grimm they fight has a protective Aura aruond hem that prevents them from being hurt. Its why they regularly fight using bladed weapons and live ammunition even in friendly tournaments and sparring. Theyre trained first and foremost to go for the kill always (against Grimm and fitht people with forcefields that protect against getting stabed, slashed or shot), theres no reason they wouldnt do so against the Predator as it's a alien and clearly trying to kill them like a monster
I call bullshit on this as they have never attempted to kill someone until Volume 5, otherwise they would've made certain to kill every grunt the enemy has sent at them instead of just knocking them out.
Yes, RWBY characters regularly survive getting blasted by stuff significantly stronger than themselves, their Aura is specifically designed to protect them from stuff like that, the cast has repeatedly withstood attacks several times stronger than their normal durability thanks to their Aura. (Multiple fights so this, it literally takes dozens of hits to break a aura)
It doesn't matter since the Predator can literally spam these attacks at no detriment to himself whatsoever or even just straight mind control/seal them with it.
Should also point out that Team RWBY's biggest strength here is teamwork, theyre not going to be trying to box the Predator one at a time, theyre going to be constantly working together to beat him. Thats kinda the entire point of them being a team, theyre trained to work together to take down threats, its why theyre able to pull off improvised combo attacks at a moment's notice as well as they do. Theyre going to be constantly setting up attempts to kill the Predator as soon as possible, Weiss either doing battlefield control with ice or gravity or restraint glyphs to set up for killing blows or supporting the team with stat amping glyphs, and any one of the girls or any combination of them just constantly staying in his face and/or hitting him with their respective arsenals from a distance to keep dealing damage to him and keep him constantly on guard an off balance. Three out of the four girls here can flash freeze the Predator at a moment's notice or electrocute and paralyze him, and the Predator's AP and dura advantage is compensated for by the team's bladed and piercing weapons, AP amps (Gravity Dust, partial summons, Burn), and defensive auras.
Weiss is not gonna restrain him, we've been numerous times, that was a one-off against an opponent significantly larger than her and she never did it again in this Key as far as I'm aware. Secondly their team attacks are formidable but the Predator has dealt with greater numbers than this in a single battle as it successfully 5v1'd Shinnok, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Fujin and Sub-Zero without taking much damage and based on the way that part was described it wasn't due to a massive stat advantage, it was through his combat skill. He's also fought against a majority of their arsenal before as it killed everyone in the Mortal Kombat Cast in its MKX ending so it has experience with all of these barring Gravity Manipulation and a lot of those characters could also straight up teleport so it could predict Ruby's blitz attempts. They will certainly put up a fight but I believe the Predator has the advantages needed to put them down.

Back